WWE: Monday Night Raw Part 188 - Get Well Soon Big Dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
read what Kevin Nash said about Reigns and how he's just not getting over no matter how many rubs he keeps getting from top talents, past and present, and it blows my mind that Roman Reigns:

- has won every title there is to win in WWE
- has defeated Cena, Taker, HHH, Lesnar, Punk, Bryan, Styles, Orton, Batista, Ambrose, Rollins, Strowman clean
- has the most eliminations in a Royal Rumble match
- has 4 consecutive Wrestlemania main events
- tied the record for Survivor Series eliminations
- is a 4 time World champion

and yet, he's still not over like one should be with that resume, he's still not accepted, and his most memorable moments to me include either Rollins cashing on him in the WM main event or Braun Strowman throwing a chair at him and then attacking him backstage while repeatedly yelling "I'm not finished with you!"

imagine if Ambrose or Rollins had that resume? There's no way they wouldn't be the biggest star in the company today, and kayfabe wise, one of the biggest of all time.

For a guy like Roman who used to ooze presence when he was in original Shield in their first run, he's easily overlooked when numerous superstars are involved in a segment, most notably last year when Joe, Strowman and Reigns had that segment and Joe and Strowman stole the show while Reigns was mostly a background character. That never happened to true top guys like The Rock, Austin, Cena, Taker, etc., they were never background characters. I don't watch much these days, but from the short clips I see, Strowman, McIntyre, new, grizzled Ambrose and Rollins still overshadow Roman even if it's not intentional at all.
Want to add to this quickly:

Even with all the rubs Roman has gotten and still can’t get to where WWE wants, it took AJ Styles one clean Summerslam win over John Cena to be the face of Smackdown. Let that sink in.

He didn’t have to beat former Smackdown stars like Rock, Lesnar, Taker or Edge. He beat Cena once and was sent to the next level as the face of Smackdown.

Roman can’t get over in his role after defeating Taker, Lesnar, HHH, Batista, Orton, Rollins, Ambrose, Cena, Strowman, Joe, etc.

Rollins was the hottest thing going in the company in the summer and you could have made legit claims to have Rollins go over Brock instead, but instead he’s been saddled with a Shield reunion to prop up Roman and it seems like his heat is dying in the process.

Someone on Reddit had an analogy about liking steak but feed it to me everyday and I’ll start to hate it and it fits. There have been way too many opportunities to do things organically (Ambrose/HHH at WM, Rollins/Lesnar at Summerslam) but Reigns always finds himself pushed into the spot.

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
It bears repeating... Elias' Seattle takedown was phenomenal, but KO spinning around on the stool when he strummed the initial chord was fantastic. That's a sign that you understand the little things.

On a side note, randomly discovered that apparently Kevin's wife's maiden name is Elias. Tried searching "Elias Kevin Owens" for the GIF and stumbled upon that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The only issue with that segment was the heat wasn’t properly transferred to the face.

I don’t blame that on KO and Elias though.

Also wish creative let their talent go off script more in a situation like that. It was obvious they felt they had to just keep barreling through the script instead of playing off the crowd even more.

Again I don’t blame that on either guy in the ring.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You can tell between the two who has more creative freedom or at least isn’t afraid of going off script more. Owens was trying to steer it back to the scripted material, but Elias was continuing to have fun with it.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Man....as cool as it will be to see Shawn freaking Michaels wrestling again, I do not want to see a broken down HBK. I really hope this isn’t cringeworthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad