WWE: Monday Night Raw 198: Monday Night Smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I said it when it was happening last night. The Usos are being destroyed on Raw.

The Revival is going to leave in a year and they’ll be great. The Usos? Their entire character has changed for the worse. They went from bad asses on Smackdown to grade school pranksters and they were getting some boos last night.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So! How was Raw, you guys? Fun? Entertaining? :nod:

Or has Vince completely gone off his rocker and the product is now circling the drain thanks to his moronic booking decisions?

Is it the latter?

It's the latter, right?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So! How was Raw, you guys? Fun? Entertaining? :nod:

Or has Vince completely gone off his rocker and the product is now circling the drain thanks to his moronic booking decisions?

Is it the latter?

It's the latter, right?

I watched the opening segment for 10-12 minutes and thought it was worthy of 10-12 minutes. I watched the finish to DB/Kofi and it was meh.

But reading along here is what I got:
- Vince says there is a new rule called the "Wild Card" rule where 3 SD/Raw roster members can go to each show.
- During Raw... 6 SD members show up. Roman/Kofi/DB/Lars(?)/Shane/Elias
- Vince is on the phone and says naah it will be 3. Lars walks in... Vince says it will be 4.
- SD title match has to try to save hour 3 of Raw. :laugh:

That's what i got from reading.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I said it when it was happening last night. The Usos are being destroyed on Raw.

The Revival is going to leave in a year and they’ll be great. The Usos? Their entire character has changed for the worse. They went from bad asses on Smackdown to grade school pranksters and they were getting some boos last night.
Usos were being destroyed on Raw the moment they showed up from the shakeup and were signing their own entrance song.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I would never sign a long-term deal if I were a Tag Team. I’d rather leave

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Usos were being destroyed on Raw the moment they showed up from the shakeup and were signing their own entrance song.
Was that in the backstage interview? I vaguely remember it. I didn’t have a problem with that. It’s a pretty sick theme, but their total attitude shift has killed it for me, not to mention going 10+ minutes in their debut match.

Their hoodies and pants have switched back to their merchandise and Samoan shorts similar to the face paint era, their promos are tacky, their reactions are dying deaths to the live crowd, and their bad ass, take no prisoners, Uso penitentiary attitude has turned into grade school pranksters causing mischief at the back of the school bus so their friends around them (the crowd) can laugh at the expense of someone else, but it’s all just falling flat and no one is responding.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn't sign a long-term deal if I was anyone other than a top person right now.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I watched the opening segment for 10-12 minutes and thought it was worthy of 10-12 minutes. I watched the finish to DB/Kofi and it was meh.

But reading along here is what I got:
- Vince says there is a new rule called the "Wild Card" rule where 3 SD/Raw roster members can go to each show.
- During Raw... 6 SD members show up. Roman/Kofi/DB/Lars(?)/Shane/Elias
- Vince is on the phone and says naah it will be 3. Lars walks in... Vince says it will be 4.
- SD title match has to try to save hour 3 of Raw. :laugh:

That's what i got from reading.

I think it's cute how he's trying to disguise the end of the brand era, with this "wild card" rule. Vince is going to load up both shows with as many top draws as he thinks he has. The ratings will continue to suffer, the dissent in the locker room will only get worse (no wonder Sasha's nowhere to be found), and unless someone grabs the reins back from Vince and tells him to ride off into the sunset, things will only get worse.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

If I were Revival, i'd talk to Cody off the record on expected pay. Then if it wasn't close, i'd sign w/ WWE and boy i'd mail it in. Protect your body for your life.

Reactions: TD Charlie

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If I were Revival, i'd talk to Cody off the record on expected pay. Then if it wasn't close, i'd sign w/ WWE and boy i'd mail it in. Protect your body for your life.
Wait what? Is that a mistype? Why would you sign with WWE if you were The Revival at this point?

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wait what? Is that a mistype? Why would you sign with WWE if you were The Revival at this point?

If the report was 500k each which equated to 2.5m per for the life of the contract? That's guaranteed money. If Cody wasn't able to talk money, i'd be really into the idea of securing my funds for a good damn time.

So it's the risk/reward of either
1) Sign w/ WWE, protect your body by mailing it in, take in 2.5m, and hate your job/creative output
2) Risk not making as much, find happiness in your craft, but realize nothing is guaranteed and 1 injury later you can be 2.5m short.

It'd be REALLY narrow minded to not at least see why the offer would stop Revival in their tracks and make them think. Money talks and financial stability for a family is important.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If the report was 500k each which equated to 2.5m per for the life of the contract? That's guaranteed money. If Cody wasn't able to talk money, i'd be really into the idea of securing my funds for a good damn time.

So it's the risk/reward of either
1) Sign w/ WWE, protect your body by mailing it in, take in 2.5m, and hate your job/creative output
2) Risk not making as much, find happiness in your craft, but realize nothing is guaranteed and 1 injury later you can be 2.5m short.

It'd be REALLY narrow minded to not at least see why the offer would stop Revival in their tracks and make them think. Money talks and financial stability for a family is important.
From all things we’ve heard and seen, The Revival are way too passionate to stay somewhere just for a pay check. This isn’t a Randy Orton or Nakamura situation with blind loyalty and just collecting a check while mailing it in. They want to do something meaningful and be happy with their work and no one is getting that from WWE.

$2.5m over 5 years is a lot of dough, but The Revival have a rep and are established enough that they’d be fine making a living on the indies and getting paid.

Same reason Ambrose left. Same reason Sasha is wanting to leave. Same reason The Good Brothers are leaving. These people want to have fun doing what they’re doing and do something meaningful. WWE sucks and they can’t get that fulfillment there.

For some guys it’s about money, for others is fulfillment in work. These guys will NOT be starving going back to the indies or AEW, though. No way.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I know my personal take - i'd gamble on myself for creativity and doing what I love. Doing what you love and being paid adequate is a smart call over just taking the absolute highest bidder and being miserable. I absolutely stand by that.

But it's worth a pause, think, discuss, and act. And I'd REALLY think about preserving my body as wrestlers die so young by taking the money and mailing it in. I'd think about it. That's for sure.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I know my personal take - i'd gamble on myself for creativity and doing what I love. Doing what you love and being paid adequate is a smart call over just taking the absolute highest bidder and being miserable. I absolutely stand by that.

But it's worth a pause, think, discuss, and act. And I'd REALLY think about preserving my body as wrestlers die so young by taking the money and mailing it in. I'd think about it. That's for sure.
But they did that minus the mailing it in. I don’t think they’re capable of mailing it in. They’ve collected the WWE paycheck and still want to leaving knowing they’d get paid less elsewhere.

We hear more and more of people wanting to leave or flat out NEVER join WWE. Most of these people do it for the love and passion now, money coming second.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
money aint everything yo

“July 17th is my last date there. They actually offered me more than twice my downside but it wasn’t where they would have to use me because the downside is so large and it wasn’t about money it was about me wanting to be on the road work and helping the younger guys kind of like a player coach.”

-Rhyno

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
In a time where the state of Wrestling is strong enough that you can make a living on the indies, money isn’t everything. Plenty would be satisfied making a living doing what they’re passionate about and left to their devices rather than being stifled by WWE.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
On an unrelated note, if this Wyatt promo Easter egg hunt leads to an actual program with substance and he legit has been slipping lines in for years, then just wow. The definition of some 4D chess right there. Dude is a wizard.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Big E is the best part of Monday nights

(This person was linking his tweets to Vince’s twitter lmao)

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Its sad they have the blueprint for good product with NXT right there and Vince just doesnt get it. NXT isnt over the top edgy or non-PG. It has good matches, logic and stories matter and characters are actually developed and grow.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Its sad they have the blueprint for good product with NXT right there and Vince just doesnt get it. NXT isnt over the top edgy or non-PG. It has good matches, logic and stories matter and characters are actually developed and grow.
And then they go to the main roster and die.

I have no idea why people want the Undisputed Era to be called up. They’d be destroyed in 3 months.

And no one can tell me otherwise. Vince would take one look at Adam Cole and wonder what the f*** Triple H saw in a 5’10” guy who looks 170 pounds soaking weight and barely hits the gym. Y’all can argue it, but it’s true. It’s not even like Cole is ripped like a god like Balor is that would keep him afloat. We KNOW how Vince thinks. KOR and Fish would maybe have an okay run in a garbage tag division, Strong would end up on 205, and Cole would have no credibility.

Reactions: Grackle Party

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
So Vince will never give up control, right? He is going down with the ship. Or maybe more accurately he is taking the ship down with him.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So Vince will never give up control, right? He is going down with the ship. Or maybe more accurately he is taking the ship down with him.
He’s going to die with control. Only then will Triple H take it over.

Vince’s mom is in her late 90s and still kicking. Triple H might die of old age and stress before Vince dies at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad