WWE: Monday Night Raw 198: Monday Night Smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Does anyone know where to find that version of Wyatt’s theme? I know they’ve used it before but I can’t find it.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Still haven't watched any of the fun house bits.

I think hardcore fans are really over estimating how impactful they are, or even have the potential to be.

They just look like dumb little skits to me. I'm not interested even a little.

Reactions: iamjs

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

I think hardcore fans are really over estimating how impactful they are, or even have the potential to be.

They’re by far the best thing that’s happening on RAW and SD.

Kind of odd how you haven’t seen any.

They’re fantastic. It’s kind of odd how you can say these things about them but haven’t watched any.

Reactions: Disclose

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec

They look dumb but you haven’t watched them?

Dude, how can you have an opinion? It’s like judging a book by his cover

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

All you’ve done since you’ve poked your head in this section is bitch and now you’re bitching about something you admitted to not watching yet lol.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Just keep this Bray Wyatt far away from Roman Reigns. Please.

I haven’t been this excited for a re-package like... ever.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I think its perfectly fair, if not more appropriate for what the brand is at this point, to judge WWE based on only a very shallow understanding of the product.

Based on the YouTube thumbnails and internet chatter, the funhouse things aren't what I am looking for. I would be a lot more interested if WWE had created this kind of interest for some kind of storyline that played out in the ring.

The impression I get is that this stuff is just an oddity that the cynical and burned out "Internet Wrestling Community" enjoys so much simply because it is something different, and not because its part of a compelling wrestling drama.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm in the minority here, but I found this last Wyatt segment pretty deflating.

It felt like he was back on his old bull**** with black gear again.

Oh, but now he has a mask.

Reactions: iamjs

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm in the minority here, but I found this last Wyatt segment pretty deflating.

It felt like he was back on his old bull**** with black gear again.

Oh, but now he has a mask.
I didn’t want to say anything when the spoiler came out or when it aired but my take is that the production was an A+++++ but the turn it took was waaaay to quick. I wanted more subtlety and some more build, and not such an “in your face” darkness.

It does feel like they just put a mask and new attire on Wyatt. I’m willing to give it a chance though, knowing full well even split personality Bray is going to become a victim of Vince “not getting it” again, or another Wyatt injury, in due time.

Reactions: iamjs and Fro

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I didn’t want to say anything when the spoiler came out or when it aired but my take is that the production was an A+++++ but the turn it took was waaaay to quick. I wanted more subtlety and some more build, and not such an “in your face” darkness.

It does feel like they just put a mask and new attire on Wyatt. I’m willing to give it a chance though, knowing full well even split personality Bray is going to become a victim of Vince “not getting it” again, or another Wyatt injury, in due time.

I know maybe it's a strange thing to latch onto, but I really, REALLY did not like the whole angle of calling it his "Dark Secret".

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'll hold off until we see his in-ring style.....if he's got the same entrance, same finisher, and Vince continues to book him to lose every single feud he's in, then we'll know it's a colossal failure/waste of time and that Bray should hightail it to AEW.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
One thing that's in the back of my mind, is that it was never a character issue, but purely usage.

This repackage is fresh, and sorta resets Bray, but it's not a reset FOR Bray, it's a reset for creative/Vince to actually use him like he should.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Bray Wyatt Told Mask Designer That He Saved His Career

WWE was giving Wyatt some problems apparently and they wouldn’t approve the new character on just his pitch. They wanted to actually see something. When Vince McMahon saw his renderings the project was finally green lit and it was off to the races.
At one point Wyatt told Scarborough that “you saved my career” after he needed the twisted visualizations to bring his new persona to life. Wyatt’s career was in a rut and he really needed this refresher.

Looks like Wyatt had to fight Vince/Creative tooth and nail, just to get his new repackage idea this far.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
One thing that's in the back of my mind, is that it was never a character issue, but purely usage.

This repackage is fresh, and sorta resets Bray, but it's not a reset FOR Bray, it's a reset for creative/Vince to actually use him like he should.
It was a character issue though. His character was NEVER supposed to be some mythical, magic beans bullshit gibberish it turned into.

He was a backwoods cult leader that should have been growing his cult, and eventually bringing down the machine.

Instead, he took so many losses, his character went so far off the rails that he was turning into a loser Undertaker with the mythical shit to the point where he turned into a transvestite mid-promo on Balor on the tron and was going to f***ing wrestle as a woman until the mumps saved him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It was a character issue though. His character was NEVER supposed to be some mythical, magic beans bull**** gibberish it turned into.

He was a backwoods cult leader that should have been growing his cult, and eventually bringing down the machine.

Instead, he took so many losses, his character went so far off the rails that he was turning into a loser Undertaker with the mythical **** to the point where he turned into a transvestite mid-promo on Balor on the tron and was going to ****ing wrestle as a woman until the mumps saved him.

I should of rephrased that.

The character wasn't the main issue, it's the usage and booking that was the main problem. The usage and booking damaged Wyatt so much in terms of credibility, that they had to do crazy shit with the character to try and keep him relevant.

So there were character issues of it going too far, but I still think that stems from the larger issue of creative and booking.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Bray should be the biggest thing in this company, he should have been that years ago. This refresh is fantastic, and his mind for the business is legitimately second to none right now as is his character development.

I’ll always be a Bray mark, have been since day 1.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I like Wyatt and I think he's capable of something different as I noted before. However I fail to see his looking like Beetlejuice had a one night stand with a female Predator and forgot to bring a condom is a good thing. I'd rather he were in AEW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad