WWE: Monday Night Raw 193: Complete and utter bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It's why I think he should have been a guy maybe not on TV every week that way he doesn't get over exposed. Or, having him in a stable as not the main guy would be good too.

....Which is right where he started, before WWE completely **** the bed with the Wyatt Family. :banghead:

They could've kept all four together; Strowman's the muscle, Rowan and Harper the tag team, and Wyatt the leader as the upper-echelon main event guy.

Now it's in shambles. Rowan's switched allegiances, Strowman's in a holding pattern with Baron Corbin, and Wyatt and Harper are nowhere to be found.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
....Which is right where he started, before WWE completely **** the bed with the Wyatt Family. :banghead:

They could've kept all four together; Strowman's the muscle, Rowan and Harper the tag team, and Wyatt the leader as the upper-echelon main event guy.

Now it's in shambles. Rowan's switched allegiances, Strowman's in a holding pattern with Baron Corbin, and Wyatt and Harper are nowhere to be found.

I don't mind stables eventually breaking up, but how they handled the Wyatts sucked.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Corbin has had real solid progression. Constable Corbin allowed him to shed the awful lone wolf gimmick and be on the mic every week and improve. His in-ring work improved marginally so he’s not completely awful now.

Strowman still sounds like a cartoon character and is a pretty bad talker when he’s not over the top, and his in-ring work regressed in every way.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Corbin has had real solid progression. Constable Corbin allowed him to shed the awful lone wolf gimmick and be on the mic every week and improve. His in-ring work improved marginally so he’s not completely awful now.

Strowman still sounds like a cartoon character and is a pretty bad talker when he’s not over the top, and his in-ring work regressed in every way.

I don't buy it tbh.

I just think that when he initially got attention for his ring work was...probably the match(s?) with Big Show. Dude was doing kip ups, dropkicks, etc...things that guys his size SHOULDN'T be able to do and I think that just impressed us and caught us by surprise because up until then he was basically a Wyatt lackey who hadn't done anything in the ring.

I don't think he's regressed from that - it's just that the element of surprise is gone and it's all just standard shit now.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't buy it tbh.

I just think that when he initially got attention for his ring work was...probably the match(s?) with Big Show. Dude was doing kip ups, dropkicks, etc...things that guys his size SHOULDN'T be able to do and I think that just impressed us and caught us by surprise because up until then he was basically a Wyatt lackey who hadn't done anything in the ring.

I don't think he's regressed from that - it's just that the element of surprise is gone and it's all just standard **** now.
It wasn’t his Big Show stuff. It was his Roman stuff. Looking back though, it was painfully clear that Roman made Braun look like a million bucks and Braun owes his entire career to Roman. Roman went above and beyond for him.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
It wasn’t his Big Show stuff. It was his Roman stuff. Looking back though, it was painfully clear that Roman made Braun look like a million bucks and Braun owes his entire career to Roman. Roman went above and beyond for him.

Everyone (me included) at the time thought Roman beating Braun was a god awful decision. That feud really made Braun the man he was. They knocked it all down.

Oct 18, 2011
Cornette did an outstanding breakdown of this show. He really underscores the complete lack of logic taking place

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
“He asks if Stone Cold, after winning the WWE Title, cut a promo in tears saying how he was honored to be there and it was always his dream? They are making these guys to be too humble and making them look like marks by saying they were just happy to be there. You don’t make stars that way.”

He ain’t wrong.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
“He said the new star looks bad going toe-to-toe with someone as threatening as cheese dip like Elias.”

:laugh:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I wonder if it'll be via Skype/pre-taped video, or if he'll actually come down to the ring.

Pretty obvious bait job by Vince, though, and obvious reaction the avalanche of bad reviews he got from Raw/Smackdown this week.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If he used it for an angle, then nothing is off the table, and we already knew that.

I would imagine though that he's gotta be feeling pretty good in order to do this. I mean, he's out there doing other stuff.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I hope it's a satellite clip.

I don't mean that in a bad way, I would just rather his return to be a surprise. I hate pre announced shit.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If he returns (to the ring) they’re probably gonna announce it, like with Bryan right?
And that's a huge problem with me. It might seem kind of petty or whatever, but I absolutely hate announcing returns. HATE it.

That said, I understand it because the company is so f***ing shitty that they need every viewer they can get at this stage.

I remember legitimately watching RAW as a kid and coming out of my seat at an unexpected return or debut. Now it's "well, next week so and so will be here..."

Stupid.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He’s other so desperate for ratings that he’s bringing out someone who’s still months away from working to give a filler segment update, or it’s gone and he’s announcing he’ll be back in ring action after Wrestlemania.

Or he wants Roman there to also personally talk Dean into signing a new deal lol

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
He’s other so desperate for ratings that he’s bringing out someone who’s still months away from working to give a filler segment update, or it’s gone and he’s announcing he’ll be back in ring action after Wrestlemania.

Or he wants Roman there to also personally talk Dean into signing a new deal lol
Which shouldn’t f***ing happen. Just have him return out of nowhere. There legitimately haven’t been a true jump out of your seat moment in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad