WWE: Monday Night Raw 193: Complete and utter bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Also they ****ing called Aleister Black “moody.” These dumb main roster mother ****ers.
That’s Vince.

I did a little research, the last time they were in Lafayette was a Smackdown in September highlighted by Shinsuke vs Jeff Hardy in a no contest and Rusev Day winning a no 1 contenders match versus The Bar. It was also the one where Becky dressed as a fan in glasses hopped the rail and attacked Charlotte.

It is a town they go to regularly. Green Bay is another one. I don’t get how these small towns moved ahead of a place like Calgary.

Last edited:

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I agree this whole show was weird. None 9f it makes sense unless you look at it as laying the ground work for an NXT invasion angle.

Think about it...

Triple H opens the show with announcing the debut of several big NXT stars, establishes NXT as the third main brand, and throws both Charlotte & Rhonda, the chosen ones by Stephanie and Vince under the bus by saying their beat down was "really frickin cool".

It will be interesting to see if Triple H shows up on Smackdown tomorrow with more NXT stars or the ones that debuted tonight.

Prediction :

This is all a Vince retirement angle.

Reactions: SeidoN

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It was really a lame way to introduce them. Especially because it’s clear at least DIY isn’t done on NXT yet (Black might be). Just hold off until you actually have things for them to do.

To be fair, they seem to want to use DIY in the tag division to start, and possibly even in the title hunt right away before possibly continuing the Gargano/Ciampa feud. So they seem to have a plan there.

I’m worried about Ricochet the most. He’s like Cesaro, where he can have a good match with anyone, but when it comes to promos and shit, on the main roster they matter more.

Black should be far too talented to mess up, but Vince doesn’t have a good history of booking tweeners/anti-heroes.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Every week I see complaints about the crowd....and complaints about the product. So like, is the crowd supposed to be great no matter what the WWE trouts out? I bet half the fans are on their phones during the show looking at AEW News. :D

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Every week I see complaints about the crowd....and complaints about the product. So like, is the crowd supposed to be great no matter what the WWE trouts out? I bet half the fans are on their phones during the show looking at AEW News. :D

Last night should of been hyped af

Several new champions, 4 MAJOR debuts. The crowd killed that show. That was a generally good RAW, but the crowd killed it.

Point is, fans can’t complain about the product, and then sit on their hands when they get a show like that.

They got Revival vs DIY in a great match and there was one or two guys in the front row actually standing and cheering the match. Everyone else was sitting there.

It was like they were 12 and had to go their Grandma’s house, but not the fun grandma, the boring one.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Last night should of been hyped af

Several new champions, 4 MAJOR debuts. The crowd killed that show. That was a generally good RAW, but the crowd killed it.

Point is, fans can’t complain about the product, and then sit on their hands when they get a show like that.

They got Revival vs DIY in a great match and there was one or two guys in the front row actually standing and cheering the match. Everyone else was sitting there.

It was like they were 12 and had to go their Grandma’s house, but not the fun grandma, the boring one.

Have RAW start doing that week in and week out and the crowd will change. Consistency is key. There is no hype going into shows at all.

In the attitude era people would be waiting all weekend for Monday because they couldn't wait to go/watch RAW.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Have RAW start doing that week in and week out and the crowd will change. Consistency is key. There is no hype going into shows at all.

In the attitude era people would be waiting all weekend for Monday because they couldn't wait to go/watch RAW.

They need to have better shows consistently, 100%.

However this wasn’t a case of not enough hype. When HHH announces 4 major debuts, that should get any crowd hyped.

But there was no pops for anyone. Not Gargano, not Black, not Ciampa. Nothing for Sasha/Bayley after becoming the first Tag Champs (other than the worst you deserve it chant). They barely participated in Balor’s entrance

It was just a shitty crowd, in a shitty location, and hopefully WWE never goes back there except for Live events.

That’s what it comes down to. Put that show literally anywhere else, and the crowd is into it, and the discussion is how last night was one of the best RAW’s in a while. Instead, it’s about the stupid crowd.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
At least Sasha and Bayley had 2 dudes in the crowd in the front row who wanted to get over by bringing 'tag team excellence' signs, too bad for them Revival aren't faces.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
They need to have better shows consistently, 100%.

However this wasn’t a case of not enough hype. When HHH announces 4 major debuts, that should get any crowd hyped.

But there was no pops for anyone. Not Gargano, not Black, not Ciampa. Nothing for Sasha/Bayley after becoming the first Tag Champs (other than the worst you deserve it chant). They barely participated in Balor’s entrance

It was just a ****ty crowd, in a ****ty location, and hopefully WWE never goes back there except for Live events.

That’s what it comes down to. Put that show literally anywhere else, and the crowd is into it, and the discussion is how last night was one of the best RAW’s in a while. Instead, it’s about the stupid crowd.

The crowd probably doesn't care or follow NXT. Seems like it would be the WWE's fault for deciding on Baton Rouge as a place to debut them. Heck, I am sure there is data of locations of NXT viewers per capita for each city for WWE Network.

GKJ had the idea of just doing major cities, but I guess what would be the burn out if you limited it to just those? Maybe there isn't, I don't know.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
WWE needs to go to USA Network and change the commercial break format so they do commercial breaks between the matches (no more interrupting a match or angle with commercials) and no commercial breaks during the last 15 minutes of the show.

Fox reduced the length of commercial breaks, resulting in extended running time for the tv shows. That is at least one could thing we can expect from Smackdown, shorter commercial breaks.

Reactions: Mike Louis

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The crowd probably doesn't care or follow NXT. Seems like it would be the WWE's fault for deciding on Baton Rouge as a place to debut them. Heck, I am sure there is data of locations of NXT viewers per capita for each city for WWE Network.

GKJ had the idea of just doing major cities, but I guess what would be the burn out if you limited it to just those? Maybe there isn't, I don't know.

I mean, yeah, Lafayette was clearly a bad choice, clearly, but I don't buy ignorance of NXT anymore. 2, 3 or 4 years ago, sure, but right now? I'm pretty sure everyone knows NXT now. Heck, WarGames II had higher viewership than Survivor Series. Even if you chalk it up to that, there was still the other 75% of the show that didn't involve the call-ups.

This was 100% on the crowd. We all know WWE has put out episodes that deserve that sort of dead air, but last night wasn't one of them. With an alive crowd that is probably a 4-4.5* episode of RAW (relatively speaking). Not perfect, but real solid. The crowd drags it down.

But overall, I agree with @M.C.G. 31

How do you go to a wrestling show, and just f***ing sit there? It makes no sense. Especially those with ringside seats.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Two weeks ago I went to the Lowell Memorial auditorium for an NXT house show. The place only seat about 3,000 but they sold out and had standing room only. That place got so loud my ears were ringing for twenty minutes after it ended. We happy few there put this massive crowd of 13,000 to shame.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
“The dark, the moody, the intimidating Aleister Black.”

:laugh: MOODY

Can anyone photoshop Aleister's head on this kid? :laugh:

245063794_5ab866053b.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

It's 116 TV's a year if you include PPV's. If you limit that to the top 40 markets or so in North America, plus the 4 TV's they do in the UK. And then they do the weekend runs for the major PPV's, at least 3 of them are tourist crowds.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Two weeks ago I went to the Lowell Memorial auditorium for an NXT house show. The place only seat about 3,000 but they sold out and had standing room only. That place got so loud my ears were ringing for twenty minutes after it ended. We happy few there put this massive crowd of 13,000 to shame.

Shocked they aren't running the Tsongas Arena now. I think they could get 6,000.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Never do shows in the Cajundome again.

Seriously; that and Corpus Christi are up there in the worst crowds imaginable. And the irony is that WWE wants everyone to behave like those crowds... except when it came to the NXT debuts, at which point, they expected everyone to be as smart and knowledgeable as the smart fans they have grown to hate in the big market cities.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Never do shows in the Cajundome again.

Seriously; that and Corpus Christi are up there in the worst crowds imaginable. And the irony is that WWE wants everyone to behave like those crowds... except when it came to the NXT debuts, at which point, they expected everyone to be as smart and knowledgeable as the smart fans they have grown to hate in the big market cities.
Crowde like that make WWE appear small time tbh

They don’t want hijacking crowds, but they don’t want crowds like THAT either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad