WWE: Monday Night Raw 151 -- Redesign. Rebuild. REPLACED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Monday Night Football is back.

Vince better get used to those numbers. He will be lucky to see 3 million again this year.

They do need to avoid the unevenness and bad quality of last week's RAW to keep what remains of the audience.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Monday Night Football is back.

Vince better get used to those numbers. He will be lucky to see 3 million again this year.

Those numbers are even lower than mid-football season or late-football season numbers. That's insane. If they're average 2.69m viewers ALREADY, this **** can easily go down to 2.3m viewers by November.

The big write up I made on ratings last year proves that the downward spiral starts in September and the worst period is in November/December.

Like I said, heads are gonna roll in Stamford.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hollyyyy **** at these numbers.

Hour 1 - 2.833m
Hour 2 - 2.717m
Hour 3 - 2.520m

:laugh::laugh: Heads are about to roll in Stamford.

:laugh:

For perspective, that was the exact time that they switched from the first to the second game, and Jinder Mahal vs. Jack Swagger was the segment that was running.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Those numbers are even lower than mid-football season or late-football season numbers. That's insane. If they're average 2.69m viewers ALREADY, this **** can easily go down to 2.3m viewers by November.

The big write up I made on ratings last year proves that the downward spiral starts in September and the worst period is in November/December.

The one respite is that this was a two game night and San Francisco had the extra intrigue of the Kap controversy.

They are in for a rough ride though, and last week's messy messy episode did not help in the slightest. Hell I wouldn't be shocked if Old Day and Sasha's fake retirement causing some viewers to not tune in this week.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

They will probably blame KO for it too even though they've ran Reigns out there in the main event for five straight weeks. lol

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not much they can do either. A knee jerk move would only make things worse (though Vince will Vince)

Thin roster is going to kill them because they have to give time to characters no one cares about.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The Fall 2015 average viewership was 3.325m.

Off the top of my head, if we count the beginning of September as the beginning of the "Fall" season then Raw is already hovering at around 2.85m viewership for these past two episodes and the worst has yet to come.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This time last year Raw had 3.397m viewers. :laugh: Down to 2.69m viewers this week. Close to a 21% drop with over 700k viewers gone in a years span.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Didn't last year's run have Seth/Sting/Cena?

Let's see what was on the show at this point last year:

- The New Day, mom and dad open the show.
- New Day vs. Prime Time Players.
- Paige vs. Sasha Banks.

- 9PM: Miz TV with Ambrose, Reigns & The Wyatts.
- John Cena vs. Sheamus.
- Owens/Ryback segment.
- Some goofy **** with Neville, Lucha Dragons, Stardust & The Ascension.

- 10PM: Nikki Bella vs. Charlotte.
- Cesaro vs. Rusev with some goofy **** with Ziggler.
- Sting vs. Big Show.
- Sting & Cena vs. Show & Rollins.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was that the spot where Hunter was dancing in the ring?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Not to say that last year's run with Sting was great but it was at least a name that had a wee bit of intrigue attached to him and of course no Cena probably doesn't help. I think they're going to have to eat some poor Raw ratings and just let the build happen. They need to make someone like Rollins into a baby that people want to see. Reigns just isn't going to get over like he is to pull in casuals. Rollins at least has some of the ingredients needed to be a draw if they let him be a dgf-baby like Austin/Rock were but I didn't like what I saw out of him last night still acting like the cowardly spoiled heel.

It would be interesting to see if Rollins is the catalyst that turns Mick into a heel GM. However, I can understand some peoples' desire to be done with that story dynamic. But the truth is that Raw has no established draws and they don't have anyone really that can put over someone new that has a significant impact.

I wouldn't be surprised if Smackdown does beat Raw a few times here and there before the Road to Mania with Styles using the Cena heat and title win as the better draw of the two shows.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ok, pls no heel Mick Foley as gm. I want every GM to be William Regal. In fact I want William Regal to be every GM.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Ok, pls no heel Mick Foley as gm. I want every GM to be William Regal. In fact I want William Regal to be every GM.

Which is fine but it's practically impossible at this point on Raw. The title picture has become a de facto program where the top guys are Trips' boys fighting each other for that spot and the title. So while I agree that that dynamic sucks and the talent is better than something like that, the only way to get out of it is for Rollins to channel his inner-Austin and the only one he can really play off of in this situation is Foley that eventually parlays itself into a match against Rollins that gets Trips out of there.

Oct 18, 2011

:laugh:

For perspective, that was the exact time that they switched from the first to the second game, and Jinder Mahal vs. Jack Swagger was the segment that was running.

Couple points

Did wwe just throw in the towel by running this at that time?

I just saw the numbers for the west coast game and it was down 4 million over last yr and still wwe did not get much back

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Couple points

Did wwe just throw in the towel by running this at that time?

I just saw the numbers for the west coast game and it was down 4 million over last yr and still wwe did not get much back

If they were throwing in the towel, KO/Reigns would've been at 10pm, like they were doing for a while having the real main event.

Oct 18, 2011
If they were throwing in the towel, KO/Reigns would've been at 10pm, like they were doing for a while having the real main event.

Theres two ways to go

Stack hr 3 with your best ****

Or

Put all your lower stuff there

Anything in between is a waste

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Final Rating: 1.88

Troy-Barnes-gif-2.gif

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This year's 1st week against NFL vs. last year's 1st week against NHL, damn bruh

CsQ24iOWYAE0YwJ.jpg

Raw viewership: 2.69m
US Network subscribers: 1.13m

People can say "oh, ratings don't matter, though!" but they really do when the majority of your revenue comes from TV deals and higher ratings = more lucrative deals which obviously means more money.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
this year's 1st week against nfl vs. Last year's 1st week against nhl, damn bruh

csq24iowyae0ywj.jpg

raw viewership: 2.69m
us network subscribers: 1.13m

people can say "oh, ratings don't matter, though!" but they really do when the majority of your revenue comes from tv deals and higher ratings = more lucrative deals which obviously means more money.

These are WWE profits from 2005 and 2015 according to Meltzer. That is a stiff drop.

The problem imo is it's not an easy fix. The easiest fix is load up your RAW episodes with all the stars. The problem is you run out of fresh and interesting match ups and make no stars. It's a bandaid and will slowly just get worse.

The other route which is painful is the one their on now imo. You have the problem where your midcard will be featured more. If you don't have strong writing or a strong midcard it won't be good. This to me is the it has to get worse before it gets better. The only way to make these guys stars is television time. No one wants to see a lot of them because their not stars, but the only way to make them stars is give them time. Catch 22.

They're doing the correct thing. Slowly. Smackdown! has been great since the split. It's had solid writing, good segments, enjoyable two hours of television.

RAW still suffers from that 3rd hour. It's too long. It's too much content. And it exposes your roster badly. I know I preached more time for your midcard and this potentially gives you less. I'd bet if they cut that 3rd hour and condensed the show, it would improve greatly in show quality and ratings. Right now they're all about quantity over quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad