WWE: Monday Night Raw 127 -- the road to NXT Tak...err, Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
I find it ironic Punk is all about wearing suits right now when he used to get pissy that Vince wanted the wrestlers to be corporate in their appearance. I remember hearing Taker was pissed at Punk once because he wasn't dressing up, right?

Now he's rocking mega expensive looking suits.

it's funny how people change when they have no leverage

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Well, he did just defeat Michael Jackson.:sarcasm:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/3/10796838/the-path-to-cm-punk-goes-through-mike-jackson-who-thinks-the-whole
When Jackson first got a call from Legacy matchmaker Collin Cantrell recently, he was really confused. Cantrell was talking about Gall and Legacy and a fight in early February. Jackson wasn't really sure where he fit in.

"In my head I'm thinking, 'Y'all gonna fly me to Minnesota to come take pictures of Mickey Gall?'" Jackson said.

No, Cantrell explained to Jackson. We want you to fight Gall, the matchmaker told him.

"I was like, 'Fight who?'" Jackson said. "He's like, 'If you fight Mickey Gall, you get CM Punk.' That's how they're hyping this up to me. I was like, 'This makes no sense. What are you talking about?'"
To me, this is a big troll," Jackson said. "This is a massive troll by everyone involved here."

"You have CM Punk, who has no MMA experience, fighting. You got this kid Mickey Gall, who literally wins one fight -- he's fighting in some small town in Jersey that Dana White happened to be at and was like, 'I want to fight CM Punk.' And he gets signed by the UFC. And then you got me. All my experience is in boxing and kickboxing. Now I'm in the UFC. It's like, 'What the ***** is going on here?'"
Jackson has some striking chops and was going to make it a point to fight twice this year in MMA. Of course, he was imagining it would be for Legacy.

"Literally a week after I got back in the gym, they were like, 'Hey, do you want to fight in the UFC?'" Jackson said. "I was like, 'What the *****?'

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I find it ironic Punk is all about wearing suits right now when he used to get pissy that Vince wanted the wrestlers to be corporate in their appearance. I remember hearing Taker was pissed at Punk once because he wasn't dressing up, right?

Now he's rocking mega expensive looking suits.

it's funny how people change when they have no leverage

Knowing Punk, probably could have been on purpose given all the double standards he accused everyone else of when he left.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah... the Mickey Gall thing is weird. There's no way he would have been in the UFC right now if he didn't grab a mic to say he wanted Punk at a show Dana was at. And they bring in a kickboxer whose main job is photography to see who'll fight Punk. It seems like the UFC wanted to throw a softball to Punk for his first fight but the fact still remains that Punk is a 37-year-old who destroyed his body in wrestling for nearly 20 years and only did MMA as a hobby up until the past 18 months.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Everyone on observer radio (Meltzer, Alvarez and Tom) **** all over Punk and the UFC handling of the whole thing last night. :laugh:

- Meltzer said Punk's promo/interview was worse than 70% of the fighters and he looked extremely uncomfortable and was just kissing up to his wife or something like that.

- Tom: He's going to get beat up!
- Alvarez: Yeah, but it's in June... at least be excited or something. [paraphrase]

- Tom: "It's sports entertainment!"

- They laughed at Michael Jackson being in the post-event press asking Mickey Gall questions even though he was fighting on the show.

- "Mickey Gall looked great and he cut a better promo than Punk afterwards" - Meltzer says that was the scariest part of it all. lol

- They laughed at the UFC saying Gall and Punk are even and Punk has a jiu-jitsu background when Punk admitted he only took some privates at the academy in the past. :laugh:

How long before Punk comes back to the WWE because he gets knocked out? :naughty::sarcasm: (partly...maybe...)

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
We're still more passionate about Punk dammit!

Hasn't been a good week for him, that said the older Observers talked about Punk probably having an edge for this fight but we shall see.

SuperBowl? Team?

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I usually side with Punk, but blowing up at that question is just stupid. Just give a cliché answer and move on. Who cares if he gets his ass kicked though? He's taking a big risk and stepping into the ring with an actual pro fighter in public. That take balls, I respect that.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@WWEDanielBryan: Due to medical reasons, effective immediately, I am announcing my retirement. Tonight on Raw, I'll have a chance to elaborate. #gratitude

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
id assume it would end the show if anything, there will be no reason to watch besides the DB segment.

I can see that but it's going to be awful hard to run an entire show leading up to that when there is going to be a lot of anticipation and desire to get closure on this on pretty much everyone's end from the fans, DB, to the politicians in the back. This is especially when it's in his home market. Until I see it, I'm going with it being a work.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'm calling it now. Vince is gonna come out during the retirement and Bryan is gonna attack him for not clearing him leading to the debut of a "crooked doctor" character (the one that refused to clear Bryan) the appears via satellite and is in the Authority and the storyline is gonna be so lame that we're gonna wish DB actually retired. :sarcasm:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm calling it now. Vince is gonna come out during the retirement and Bryan is gonna attack him for not clearing him leading to the debut of a "crooked doctor" character (the one that refused to clear Bryan) the appears via satellite and is in the Authority and the storyline is gonna be so lame that we're gonna wish DB actually retired. :sarcasm:

Just make it Amann haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad