WWE: Monday Night Raw 127 -- the road to NXT Tak...err, Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
^It's MorrisonTV* get it right. ;)

So what about when a good story line comes along?? Can't give Vince any credit right?

Just because WWE (or in your view, only Vince) can craft a good storyline every now and then does not make up for the past 15 years of mostly crap WWE has thrown in our direction since the end of the Attitude Era.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
??? It's very valid argument though. People just blame Vince for the sake of blaming him. Everything is always his fault. Never mind the other variables backstage.

No need for an explanation. It's obvious. If you've watched wrestling for as long as I have, you know she's gonna be a star.

It's not a valid argument. There is no argument made blah blah blah is just a hater. People blame Vince because he's the one in charge. And generally, the one in charge takes the heat when things go wrong. That's the way the world works.

I've watched wrestling probably longer than you but I know that in order for a star to be made, the promotion has to get behind the talent and utilize it properly. Something that the WWE hasn't done in over a decade.

And the mere fact that you believe that any statement you make requires no explanation just based on your watching of wrestling just shows arrogance...not intelligence. If you know something, you should be able to articulate it. Since you won't and do so in such a way, I'm betting it's because you can't. lol

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The fact that whenever we disagree, we're a "hater" or a "fanboy" or a "smark" shows the arrogance being shown here which is quite grating.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
It's not a valid argument.

When I see a constant trend of people bashing/blaming Vince, while having no idea what's going on backstage, it IS a valid argument.

And yes - no explanation needed for Bayley getting over. I'm sure many on this board will agree (they'll eventually pop up). You can just tell. As good ole JR says, she has the "it" factor.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
When I see a constant trend of people bashing/blaming Vince, while having no idea what's going on backstage, it IS a valid argument.

And yes - no explanation needed for Bayley getting over. I'm sure many on this board will agree (they'll eventually pop up). You can just tell.

No it's not because it makes no statement as to why they're wrong. You also conveniently ignored an actual argument as to why people blame Vince on these matters. Excuses don't change the fact that when the product is substandard, the person in charge takes the responsibility and the heat.

And I guess we'll wait...a while...before someone actually comes around to agree with you without the caveat of what I had been saying is going to be the deterrent for Bayley getting over in the first place. Good luck with that.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
^It's MorrisonTV* get it right. ;)

Just because WWE (or in your view, only Vince) can craft a good storyline every now and then does not make up for the past 15 years of mostly crap WWE has thrown in our direction since the end of the Attitude Era.

The Attitude Era has aged horribly. Any time I see an old episode of Raw on the WWE Network from that period, it's awful.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
MCG was nothing without the talent. Just sayin'. Purple Plex - ColePens and CS dominated the world.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The thing is that we all do know a bit about how WWE works backstage. It's been confirmed by countless folks in the business that everything goes through Vince and that he signs off on everything they do. WWE's product has been going downhill since mid-2001, both in terms of quality and fan interest. The only person possibly to blame other than Vince over that time period is Steph as things started going downhill when she took over as head of creative. Even considering that, Vince is still to blame because he put Steph in charge of creative.

Regarding HFWF: is establishing a sort of creative committee out of the question? It seems that the demand is certainly there. If any single person doesn't have the free time to make it happen, why not just attack it as a group? Just a thought.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Unrelated, but lol at the way this CM Punk interview ended

After Punk was asked if he's anxious or intimidated to go from pro wrestling to MMA, they had this awkward exchange that led to the interviewer being informed Punk never wanted to speak to him again:

CM: “I get this question a lot, and it’s like you guys think I’m an idiot. Like I didn’t know MMA wasn’t pre-determined or something like that. Have you ever tweeted at me, ‘Hey, do you know what you’re getting into?’”

I: “I never have.”

CM: “Okay. It sounds like you might have.”

I: “I don’t mean to put you on the defensive…”

CM: “I’m not on the defensive. Your question is insulting. You’re asking me if I know the difference between the WWE and the UFC?”

I: “That’s not what I’m asking.”

CM: “That’s exactly what you’re asking... You say my fans say that? You’re mistaken. My fans do not say that. I wouldn’t say anything to them [my critics]. I don’t justify stupidity with an answer. I don’t give a **** what anybody thinks of me, whether I’m going to fight or not. I know what I’m going to do. If I did anything in my life based on someone’s negative opinion on me, I would never ****ing leave my house. My fans are people who don’t tweet negative **** at me.”

http://ca.complex.com/sports/2016/02/cm-punk-second-act

That was a... something else.

Last edited:

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
I mean we know Punk is an ass. I think he's tired of having to deal with the WWE to MMA questions at this point.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What are MMA fans, who generally don't watch wrestling, view of him? Are they rooting for or against him?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
What are MMA fans, who generally don't watch wrestling, view of him? Are they rooting for or against him?

From what I read on the MMA subforum, most of them seem to think he's a try hard pseudo-tough guy fake wrestler who is going to get his ass kicked by the first person he steps in the ring with.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm just puzzled as to why his debut has taken so long.

Feels like it's already been two years since he left WWE, and we've all known about this UFC debut for a while, but it's just dragging on for what seems like forever. :dunno:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He was supposed to fight late 2015 but suffered a shoulder injury in training.

I mean we know Punk is an ass. I think he's tired of having to deal with the WWE to MMA questions at this point.

Well it's not like they can ask him anything else. He hasn't fought yet. All his questions will be about the transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad