WWE: Monday Night Raw 127 -- the road to NXT Tak...err, Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
I just want to continue on what was said on the last Raw Thread about the Dean Ambrose Interview (which i believe is unscripted).

You don't need Dean to come out and act like a nut job week in and week out. The guy you see in the interview is far better then coming out yelling and screaming. You can still have him do mildly crazy things just to show he don't GAF.

I know we will likely see Haitch and RR which is a big disappointment headlining but i would be very intrigued to see a Dean Ambrose against The Authority and think you could turn it into gold. You can have them screw him out of his IC title and give it to someone like Owens or any of the other up and coming Talent. I mean it seems simple.

However i know this is all for not since Vince will never have him go over Roman and Brock will be facing Bray at Wrestlemania so it is really all settled at Fastlane already.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Authority vs. Dean Ambrose made so much more sense than Authority vs. Roman Reigns, tbh. I would've loved an Ambrose/Triple H Wrestlemania match. Oh well.

(both are trumped by The Wyatts vs. The Authority tho).

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
The ratio of injured (male) wrestlers to NXT callups over the last 6 months has to be rather depressing to the folks in NXT. In fairness, the Social Outcast formation has gotten all 4 of the television time recently, but they still continue to stretch out a rather thin roster on each 3.25 hour Monday Night Reigns Raw.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I remember Triple H said he doesn't want to call guys up unless they have a long term plan. Like, you don't want to call up Finn just to have him fill out the show, and then in two months tell him "Orton is healthy so we're pushing you back down the card, have fun buried in the mid card feuding with Ryback and Titus". That's a huge waste of talent.

I'd almost prefer they don't call someone up because it forces them to get creative - Dean, Owens, Becky, and Kalisto have all heavily benefited from getting more exposure and are all in better positions than they were three months ago.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The ratio of injured (male) wrestlers to NXT callups over the last 6 months has to be rather depressing to the folks in NXT. In fairness, the Social Outcast formation has gotten all 4 of the television time recently, but they still continue to stretch out a rather thin roster on each 3.25 hour Monday Night Reigns Raw.
The thing is, gutting NXT was never a real option. Zayn and Itami were out, so the show was being carried by Bálor and Joe. Outside the those top four, everyone else will benefit from staying in developmental longer. Crews is good, but still needs to find him self. Corbin is coming on great, but he's still learning (and I really really want a Corbin title run, it'll be amazing). The only guy they could call up was Breeze, and he was. He was then wasted, but that's another issue.

Past those guys, you're most down to 'warm body' level guys, which isn't a problem for the WWE at all. They've got plenty of guys on the jobber list who they can make use of to do that.

It's even less of an option last year when they were trying to build the brand up to do bigger and better tours. Which they've done and they've been great.

Tag teams are a bit different, but New Day are just crushing anyone who goes against them right now. No need to feed them anyone from NXT. The plan was the Lucha Dragons, but injury... Usos are just back so they're fine for now. Post-'Mania I'm sure we'll see Enzo and Cass to change things up.

The main roster women are doing fine so no issues there. I say fine, half of them were injured and they were basically forced into the good Becky vs Charlotte story lol.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I actually think one of the WWEs strongpoints is depth. I mean of course they're crap at building up guys, but I think you could give The Miz, Sandow, and a few others more airtime and they could run with it and make it entertaining. It's more the WWE just sucking at writing/letting guys run with their characters than a lack of depth.

I actually think the one thing the WWE has over the Attitude era is a much better midcard IF they ran it properly. They have a lot of skilled wrestlers.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty soon they're going to have to call up guys from NXT because they'll literally run out of people.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
They'd need to have like 20 additional injuries to happen at once for that to be close to happening. They couldn't run two house shows a night with those numbers, but they could do a full TV show fine.

But think of the second half of the year, surprise returns every week, would be so awesome :D.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
So many injuries

If things continue at this rate we're right around the corner from a Samoa Joe call-up, they're running out of bodies

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I actually think one of the WWEs strongpoints is depth. I mean of course they're crap at building up guys, but I think you could give The Miz, Sandow, and a few others more airtime and they could run with it and make it entertaining. It's more the WWE just sucking at writing/letting guys run with their characters than a lack of depth.

I actually think the one thing the WWE has over the Attitude era is a much better midcard IF they ran it properly. They have a lot of skilled wrestlers.

There's a reason people say this is one of the most talent groups they've had on their roster in a long time but creative has mishandled the overwhelming majority of them. There is so much talent that could legitimately round out the Wrestlemania card if they were built up properly but if you're not a top guy, they don't care about you.

It's all too micromanaged these days and overly scripted, compared to the Attitude Era where it was really laid back, especially for the top stars, so creative would put a lot of focus and investment in the undercard guys.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
There's a reason people say this is one of the most talent groups they've had on their roster in a long time but creative has mishandled the overwhelming majority of them. There is so much talent that could legitimately round out the Wrestlemania card if they were built up properly but if you're not a top guy, they don't care about you.

It's all too micromanaged these days and overly scripted, compared to the Attitude Era where it was really laid back, especially for the top stars, so creative would put a lot of focus and investment in the undercard guys.

Yup completely agree, micromanaging is the worst. Let these guys control and develop their own characters within common sense boundaries.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
The injuries don't matter if the stories aren't good.

Honestly, NXT has shown you can get into characters, no matter who they are, if the story is done properly.

WWE has failed in every aspect of that for years?

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007

Completely agree with this. They have a ton of very competent midcarders. The problem is they're gonna struggle to turn a whole lot of them into top tier guys. They seem to have VERY few top tier guys right now. Dozens of midcarders who can put on a quality match and fill the show, but you still need those top guys, and that is what they're sorely lacking right now.

Last edited:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
#giveSandowachance

Amazing how he's still insanely over despite WWE keeping him off TV for ages

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Completely agree with this. They have a ton of very competent midcarders. The problem is they're gonna struggle to turn a whole lot of them into top tier guys. They seem to have VERY few top tier guys right now. Dozens of midcarders who can put on a quality match and full the show, but you still need those top guys, and that is what they're sorely lacking right now.

Top guys need to be built...
And for many years...
The company was reluctant to do that.

Honestly...
The state of today's product...
Is WWE's own doing.
We fans already foresaw the current state a long time ago...
When there was no upcoming full-time wrestler who could be a legitimate challenger to Cena...
But the company seemed to be blind to the fact...
Until Super Cena finally breaks down...
Along with many of the top-tier...
And fan favourite...
Guys.

Luckily...
The talent is there...
And with the proper booking...
Stars can be built rather quickly.

The company can turn things around very quickly.
Unfortunately...
With the way they have operated in the last little while.
I highly doubt it will be able to do that.
Right now...
I feel that we are actually a witness to a slow death.
:shakehead

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Actually the lack of top credible heels is the real problem. There aren't any outside of Owens (who still needs a push to be at the top).

Seth was but if he is turning face...then ya you got nothing. Bray is broken. The entire League of Nations is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad