NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: Fourth Overall Pick

Who Should the Detroit Red Wings Select 4th Overall?

• Anton Lundell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dawson Mercer

• Brandon Schneider

• Seth Jarvis

• Other - please specify in the comments section

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Now that the Canes pick is set, and we know the Rangers hold the 22nd pick, I thought it would be fun to do a mock draft of picks leading up to our second selection.

I'm also not going to include trades in this mock. Let's just keep it simple and not go down the rabbit hole of trade options. Obviously we can discuss them, but let's not include them in the draft order.

I'd ask participants to try to find a balance between where they have a player ranked, and which player we think the selecting team will take. Also, let's try to assume the role of the selecting team and not pick certain players in the hopes it pushes them closer to the Rangers.

To make things easier on myself, I am using Tankathon's mock draft as the rankings for players. I'll list the first 10, and participants can vote for a write-in candidate, while also telling me who they want added. If a player gets enough write-in votes, he will be the candidate added.

Think of it like our annual prospect poll. I'm going to give each pick around 24 hours. If it's close, I might give it a little extra time.

The draft thus far:

1. The New York Rangers select Alexis Lafreniere, LW, Rimouski

2. The LA Kings select Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury

3. The Ottawa Senators select Tim Stutzle, LW, Adler Manheim

The Detroit Red Wings are on the clock:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
you forgot the 8-ball choice so you have four chances at being correct.
G2ooObt.png

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Haven’t they been linked to Perfetti for like ever?

I think it should be who you would pick 4th not so much predicting who will go 4th...it will create a draft day wishlist for us that we can cry about as a group as every name disappears before we get to 22 lol

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think it should be who you would pick 4th not so much predicting who will go 4th...it will create a draft day wishlist for us that we can cry about as a group as every name disappears before we get to 22 lol

My approach is kind of a hybrid.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Raymond seems like the guy that should go here. You don't want to take based on position, but they've got Veleno and Rasmussen at C. Larkin is their #1. Once you get past Mantha and Bertuzzi, you've got Zadina and a lot of meh.

Raymond gives them an injection of talent on the wing.

Don't see Drysdale with their RDs lined up for a while.

Yzerman finds a guy he likes and takes them tho, so nothing would shock me with who they take.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think Perfetti is probably a wing in the NHL, so that was a plus for him with Detroit. Raymond and Holtz were also considerations here.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
It's not so much who I think they should take---it's more like who I've heard they'll take and that's Perfetti.

Agreed. We should try to make the choices available at 22 as realistic as we can (considering that we're trying to mind-read 20 NHL GMs). That means choosing who we think teams will take at their slot as opposed to who we think they should take. I appreciate all the work that was put into Draftsim, but Seth Jarvis being available at 22 every single time just isn't very realistic.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Where is the buzz that Detroit's taking Perfetti coming from?
The biggest buzz is because he plays for Saginaw, which is ~1.5 hours from Detroit.

Have had plenty of chances to scout him locally, and him being a legitimate 4OA chance regardless makes it seem likely.

But Yzerman can surprise...

Reactions: Thirty One

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad