NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: Fourth Overall Pick

Who Should the Detroit Red Wings Select 4th Overall?

• Anton Lundell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dawson Mercer

• Brandon Schneider

• Seth Jarvis

• Other - please specify in the comments section

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Agreed. We should try to make the choices available at 22 as realistic as we can (considering that we're trying to mind-read 20 NHL GMs). That means choosing who we think teams will take at their slot as opposed to who we think they should take. I appreciate all the work that was put into Draftsim, but Seth Jarvis being available at 22 every single time just isn't very realistic.

Usually when I fool around with that I try not to simulate much. I don't like the rankings they give you to work with all that much.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The biggest buzz is because he plays for Saginaw, which is ~1.5 hours from Detroit.

Have had plenty of chances to scout him locally, and him being a legitimate 4OA chance regardless makes it seem likely.

But Yzerman can surprise...
So basically we think their scouting staff is lazy?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
If they were smart they’d take Sanderson. D sorted for the long term. Target fwds in the next couple of drafts where they’ll probably be drafting top 4 again , they’re bound to get some lottery luck eventually.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I think Detroit would do far better to take Drysdale here than roll the dice on the forwards remaining. If they’re going to build anything, a cornerstone blue liner is going to take them farther than a top six forward. At this point in the draft, the forwards are likely to be top six, but only the top three to me are better than even odds to be perennial all stars.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think Detroit would do far better to take Drysdale here than roll the dice on the forwards remaining. If they’re going to build anything, a cornerstone blue liner is going to take them farther than a top six forward. At this point in the draft, the forwards are likely to be top six, but only the top three to me are better than even odds to be perennial all stars.

Wings need lots of things. Their 1st rounder last year who they're very happy with though was German RD Moritz Seider. I think they have him earmarked as No. 1RD. It's not like have two future No. 1 RD's is a bad problem but there are other areas too. Their best forwards are Dylan Larkin and Anthony Mantha. They have Zadina coming and a few others but IMO they could deepen offensively for sure. They've been linked for a while to Perfetti--not who I like best but still should help boost their offense in years to come.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Wings need lots of things. Their 1st rounder last year who they're very happy with though was German RD Moritz Seider. I think they have him earmarked as No. 1RD. It's not like have two future No. 1 RD's is a bad problem but there are other areas too. Their best forwards are Dylan Larkin and Anthony Mantha. They have Zadina coming and a few others but IMO they could deepen offensively for sure. They've been linked for a while to Perfetti--not who I like best but still should help boost their offense in years to come.

I’d rather build around a Pietrangelo/Parayko tandem on the right than second tier offensive stars like Larkin, Mantha and what Perfetti will be. You either build around Crosby/Malkin or McDavid/Draisaitl level forwards... maybe a half notch lower, or you’re better off building from the backend.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
The biggest buzz is because he plays for Saginaw, which is ~1.5 hours from Detroit.

Have had plenty of chances to scout him locally, and him being a legitimate 4OA chance regardless makes it seem likely.

But Yzerman can surprise...

Yzerman almost never makes the likely pick. Close proximity means nothing considering the likely time and resources they’re likely spending on the right move at 4 overall. Seider is proof of that.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I’d rather build around a Pietrangelo/Parayko tandem on the right than second tier offensive stars like Larkin, Mantha and what Perfetti will be. You either build around Crosby/Malkin or McDavid/Draisaitl level forwards... maybe a half notch lower, or you’re better off building from the backend.

I voted Perfetti because that's what I've heard they're going to do. Would it shock me though if they drafted Drysdale or a Rossi? Not really.....but I am expecting Perfetti to be their guy.

I don't see Detroit taking Raymond. Fact is I could see Raymond fall a bit. I have shooters Holtz to New Jersey and Quinn to Buffalo to give Jack Hughes and Jack Eichel goal scorers to play with. If Rossi's still floating around who knows. I like Rossi better than Raymond and then you have the two D likely to go early in Drysdale and Sanderson---that's how Raymond can fall---teams liking somebody else just a little bit better than him. If the Wings don't take Perfetti I think he will fall and maybe past 10.

Last edited:

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
As others have said, there are Perfetti ties. IMO if it wasn't a mock, I would go with Jamie Drysdale if it was a positional need, if not I would go with Marco Rossi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad