NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: 22nd Overall Pick

Who Should the New York Rangers Select 22nd Overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Who I would take: Peterka or Bourque

Who they should take: Bourque or Marat K.

Who they will take: Greig

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
so the discussion that I want to have in this spot, more than just who to vote for...

1) knowing that normally at least 1 team goes 'off the board' and surprises everyone...given the 21 names already taken, are there any names that you wouldn't be happy with if they dropped to 22? this gives you a potential check list to cross names off as our pick approaches...hoping someone drops at least into trade up ranger....

2) assuming that the 1st 21 picks play out like this...how many players from the remaining options or other if not listed would you be happy with at this pick? obviously you are voting for your top choice but would you be happy with 1 or 2 guys in this spot and the rest would be meh. or would you be happy with 5-6 different guys here. and who?

the 2nd part obviously would be in terms of a trade down discussion and how many spots people would be comfortable moving down so we'd still get a similar tier player but also add a 2nd round pick.

Assuming I understand you right, I think the only guy taken thus far that I wouldn't have liked to see at 22 is Gunler. Just not that enamored with him in spite of the obvious skill.

For the 2nd part we're starting to test the limits of who I've actually had time to really dive into this year, so on that note I'd probably not want to drop any more than 6 picks. That would leave at least one of Bourque, Poirier, Perrault, Brisson, Grieg, Khusnutdinov, or Reichel on the board and that's kind of my next group I'm picking from here.

Reactions: Leetch3

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Didn’t realize this board was so high on Bourque.

CanineTallBull-size_restricted.gif

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Greig for me. Khushnutdinov and Reichel I'd think about. Perreault's the most talented IMO though.
Those – plus Bourque – are all in the conversation at my draft table... and then, my team solidifies around Greig.

Unless, of course, there's a deal to be made involving this pick either for a) a trade up, or b) a current player who would add to the 23-25-y-o core in a position of need, such as LD or 2C.

Reactions: eco's bones

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
A quality centre is tempting. Wish we had something in round two to pursue someone like Hirvonen or Foudy. From what I've read, Mysak is a couple of years away, but will be ready to jump into a top six role when Kreider eventually starts to third line it. He could partner up with Chytil perhaps. How he managed to drop to 22 makes him a solid pick.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Food for thought, Bourque is actually ranked lower than Greig by CSB and McKenzie’s survey of scouts.

I wonder if the Q getting the early start will impact the rankings a bit.

I completely understand the thought process of Greig ahead of Bourque though. There aren't too many guys in this league who play with that edge and flash top 6 ability.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Rangers have him ranked in their top 15.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Based on what Edge has said I would guess the Rangers take Greig here.

Personally, I’d prefer one of the German guys. Or Perrault. But I’d be fine with Greig.

Full disclosure - I do not know who the Rangers taking here.

There are at least two guys I know they really like, but I don’t know all the guys they like and where they have them ranked.

There are also two guys on there I suspect they might be lukewarm on.

Reactions: Leetch3

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Full disclosure - I do not know who the Rangers taking here.

There are at least two guys I know they really like, but I don’t know all the guys they like and where they have them ranked.

There are also two guys on there I suspect they might be lukewarm on.
I doubt the Rangers would know right away who they take here tbh. I bet they’d be debating it right up to until the pick clock runs out if this is what the board looks like.

if like Holloway were still here I think we’d run up to the podium to take him. But the board as it is makes this pick a toss up.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I doubt the Rangers would know right away who they take here tbh. I bet they’d be debating it right up to until the pick clock runs out if this is what the board looks like.

if like Holloway were still here I think we’d run up to the podium to take him. But the board as it is makes this pick a toss up.

I want Holloway if he is available at 22 which I hope he is.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I've been participating, just haven't been posting my picks in this series....

But my pick here is Peterka. Was tough call here between him and Reichel, but I like Peterka's speed and creativity. His offensive instincts and possession game are very underrated for a player who was a mainstay in the DEL. Knew how to lure defenders in for a screened shot on net. Underrated passing, too. Can create space through his very good puck handling skills and finds seems in between lanes. Also, had a stellar WJC (that people tend to forget) that showcases this. He does need to get better at the defensive side of the puck, especially being engaged physically. Could benefit gaining more muscle and lower body strength, too.

The key to his game is his unethical stride and stance. He already skates with his ass down and if balance and low body muscle strengthen, he'd be a force. If this is worked on (and everything else pans out) I could honestly see him as a better offensive Michael Grabner.

*With all this said, I do think NYR should trade the pick for an upgrade at a position of need or trade back for Kleven and someone who falls.*

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I really don't know who I want to pick in this spot. i've gone back and forth a hundred times and the more I look into different guys that all sound like potentially good picks the more i'm sure they will trade the pick and that would have been for nothing lol...

but the one thing I feel pretty confident about, and why this is pretty stress free pick, is that whoever we pick is going to instantly be a top 2 forward prospect outside the NHL (laf doesn't count he will be in the nhl day 1)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad