NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: 22nd Overall Pick

Who Should the New York Rangers Select 22nd Overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
With the 21st pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets select Rodion Amirov with Salavat Yulaev Ufa of the KHL.

The draft thus far:

1. The New York Rangers select Alexis Lafreniere, LW, Rimouski
2. The LA Kings select Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury
3. The Ottawa Senators select Tim Stutzle, LW, Adler Manheim
4. The Detroit Red Wings select Cole Perfetti, LW, Saginaw
5. The Ottawa Senators select Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie
6. The Anaheim Ducks select Lucas Raymond, RW, Frölunda
7. The New Jersey Devils select Alexander Holtz, RW, Djurgårdens
8. The Buffalo Sabres select Marco Rossi, C, Ottawa
9. The Minnesota Wild select Anton Lundell, C, HIFK
10. The Winnipeg Jets select Jake Sanderson, D, USA NTDP
11. The Nashville Predators select Seth Jarvis, RW, Portland
12. The Florida Panthers select Jack Quinn, RW, Ottawa
13. The Carolina Hurricanes select Yaroslav Askarov, G, SKA St. Petersburg
14. The Edmonton Oilers select Dawson Mercer, RW, Drummondville
15. The Toronto Maple Leafs select Braden Schneider, D, Brandon
16. The Montreal Canadiens select Hendrix Lapierre, C, Chicoutimi
17. The Chicago Blackhawks select Kaiden Guhle, D, Prince Albert
18. The New Jersey Devils select Dylan Holloway, LW, Wisonsin
19. The Calgary Flames select Connor Zary, C, Kamloops
20. The New Jersey Devils select Noel Gunler, LW, Lulea HF
21. The Columbus Blue Jackets select Rodion Amirov, LW, Salavat Yulaev Ufa

And now, the moment you've been waiting for since the first pick changed franchise history, the New York Rangers are on the clock...

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Feel like Bourque is the best talent left. Khusnutdinov is interesting too but seems like his stock is lower than this.

Most of the rest of the guys are more like bottom 6ers here.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
We've already got the safest pick in the draft. Sign me up for one of the big swing guys: Perreault, Bourque, or Reichel, I guess.

Bourque is my guy. But there aren't many guys we could take on that list that would get my hackles up.

If we were able to trade down in this spot, that would be my preferred option.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Trade down 3 or 4 spots for an extra 2nd rounder and take Reichel or Khusnutdinov. Just take Perrault if there are no good trade down offers.

Reactions: dumpin and Matz03

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Write in for the 5th highest rated goalie on the board.

Kidding aside, Bourque is my BPA and I think he's a pretty good swing here. Thought about Khusnutdinov but what better year to buck the trend and take not one but two guys from the Q in the first round?

Could easily see the argument for Grieg here as well given the info that's been flying around but that felt like a bit of a lazy selection.

Reactions: Machinehead

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Write in for the 5th highest rated goalie on the board.

DirectRespectfulDolphin-size_restricted.gif

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Trade down.
I wish. We need Ottawa or Anaheim to be on board.
Otherwise it was a tough decision but I like Reichel too much to pass up albeit you guys have sold me on Greig and of course Bourque has the center possibility upside

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
What was the criteria to get on this list? Some of these guys like Blaha I wouldn't even expect to be on the radar at this point.

Anyway, I like Bourque but I really like Brisson. I know some may think he's a bit of a reach but I think he'll prove to be a good value. And I definitely think he stays at C, which I'm not sure Bourque does. I think their upsides are close but with Brisson's effort I think his floor is a bit higher.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
With who is left on the board, I’m trading down. There are no defenseman available and I could make an argument for any if 6 or 7 of the forwards. I’m hoping a team like Anaheim or Ottawa wants to trade up and I’ll get a forward later in the first round and then draft Ryan O’Rourke with the additional second I picked up.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think Ottawa is definitely making a move To move up with the two million second round picks they have. It’s just gonna depend if a team like the devils at 18 or 20 wanna trade down.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
After deliberating on it a bit, Reichel and Bourque stand out to me.

It's your classic guy hanging in a men's league vs guy dominating a junior league.

Both guys are skinny and somebody made an interesting point that while Bourque doesn't really play a rock-em-sock-em game anyway, Reichel does like that a bit, so he may have more upside as a result of filling out.

Reactions: Trxjw

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
so the discussion that I want to have in this spot, more than just who to vote for...

1) knowing that normally at least 1 team goes 'off the board' and surprises everyone...given the 21 names already taken, are there any names that you wouldn't be happy with if they dropped to 22? this gives you a potential check list to cross names off as our pick approaches...hoping someone drops at least into trade up ranger....

2) assuming that the 1st 21 picks play out like this...how many players from the remaining options or other if not listed would you be happy with at this pick? obviously you are voting for your top choice but would you be happy with 1 or 2 guys in this spot and the rest would be meh. or would you be happy with 5-6 different guys here. and who?

the 2nd part obviously would be in terms of a trade down discussion and how many spots people would be comfortable moving down so we'd still get a similar tier player but also add a 2nd round pick.

Reactions: Trxjw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->