NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft #2 by rey, Water Knight, stayinalive, and RR

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
LOL your guy. I've taken Max every draft so far ;)

Which means it's only fair to let me have a turn... :(
I'm no different, i've taken Connor Hurley 3 times. :laugh:
I think for the next draft, as much as I love taking the people i've taken, i'm going to take new ones. It'll hurt to let some of them go, but I want things to be different.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The Philadelphia Flyers are proud to select...

Kevin Ekman-Larsson!

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012
With the 195th pick in the 2013 draft the Blue Jackets are proud to select from Swift Current Broncos

:cbj

Colby Cave C

1(2nd) Seth Jones D
1 (6th) Hunter Shinkaruk LW
1 (14th)Max Domi C
3 (75th) Lucas Wallmark C
5 (122) Nick Baptiste RW
5 (123) Brody Silk LW
6 (157) Cameron Brace C
6 (159) Connor Rankin C
7 (189) Sami Salminen RW
7 (191) Max Becker RW
7 (195) Colby Cave

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012
With the 197th pick overall in the 2013 draft the Wild are proud to select, from the Lethbridge Hurricanes
:wild

Jaimen Yakubowski LW

1 (16th) Zachary Fucale G
2 (51st) Samuel Morin D
3 (76th) Jonathan-Ismael Diaby D
3 (78th) Brett Pesce D
3 (82) Roberts Lipsbergs LW
4 (107) Greg Chase C
5 (137) Zach Hall LW
6 (167) Hunter Garlent C
7 (192) Zack Mitchell RW
7 (197) Jaimen Yakubowski LW

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:avs

1st (8th) - Nikita Zadorov, D
2nd (38th) - Pavel Buchnevich, RW
3rd (69th) - Eric Roy, D
3rd (89th) - Justin Auger, RW
5th (129th) - Maxim Mamin, C/RW

:flyers

1st (9th) - Rasmus Ristolainen, D
4th (100th) - Sergei Tolchinsky, RW
5th (134th) - Ebbe Sionas, G
6th (164th) - Anthony Florentino, D
7th (194th) - Kevin Ekman-Larsson, D

How'd I do?

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo

3rd (69th) - Eric Roy, D

How'd I do?

Both are quality drafts. I think you got more quality with the Avs picks, however I think you took Zadarov a little high. He probably would've still been there in the 12-15 range, but I understand wanting to make sure the Avs got one of the better D-men of the draft.

Avs: B+
Flyers: B

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
With the 200th overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the Los Angeles Kings select:

Melvin Nyffeler, G, GC Küsnacht Lions (NLB)

MDB37_ICEHOCKEY.JPG

:kings 2013 draft class:

2nd (49th) Hudson Fasching, RW, USNTDP (USHL)
3rd (80th) Mason Geertsen, D, Vancouver Giants (WHL)
4th (110th) Blake Heinrich, D, Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)
4th (111th) Tyler Motte, LW, USNTDP (USHL)
4th (112th) Myles Bell, LW/D, Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
4th (113th) Blaine Byron, C, Smiths Falls Bears (CCHL)
6th (170th) Henrik Haapala, RW, Tappara (SM-liiga)
7th (200th) Melvin Nyffeler, G, GC Küsnacht Lions (NLB)

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
With their 7th round pick (which they totally forgot they had) the :jets are proud to select...from the Seattle Thunderbirds Jerret Smith

Scouting report:Emerging defender with all the tools to move on to higher levels. Big mobile defenseman who understands his position and uses his size and skill to make plays. Is one of the better players on a team that is in a learning process to success, and at a young age has been looked upon to calm the storm. He plays a strong effective game without attempting to do the work others haven't. Has mobility and can provide transitional quick strike with his tape to tape passes on the long counter. He uses his size to disturb the attackers cycle, shows excellent gap closure as the attackers are about to enter his zone, and will them out too. Outstanding smarts passing abilities and defensive prowess. A player to watch.

:jets 2013 Draft picks
1st (10th) Valeri Nichushkin RW
2nd (40th) Jimmy Lodge C
2nd (59th) Emile Poirier LW
2nd (61st) Spencer Martin G
3rd (71st) Dillon Heatherington D
3rd (81st) Mitchell Wheaton D
4th (101st)Zach Sanford LW
5th (131st)Alex Henriksson RW
6th (161st)Nick Betz RW
7th (202nd)Jerret Smith D

whoever took over :canes is up

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
With the 205th pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the :hawks are pleased to select, from the Kamloops Blazers, Matt Needham.

CLM_20111008_0915.jpg

:hawks Picks:

1 (30) - Ryan Hartman
4 (109) - Phillippe Desrosiers
4 (121) - Sean Malone
5 (151) - Sergei Stetsenko
6 (181) - Carter Verhaege
7 (205) - Matt Needham

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
With this being my first draft, I really like the group of prospects I was able to grab.

:stars

1 (15) Adam Erne, RW, Quebec Remparts (QMJHL)
Big hard nosed winger. Brings elite skill & potential, capable of being at least a 20-goal winger. Can play LW/C/RW with relative ease and comfort, plays well in all areas of the ice and has a very "pro-style" game.

2 (41) JT Compher C, USNTDP (USHL)
Quite happy to pick one of the top players coming out of the US program. Highly competitive player that works hard every shift. I see him as a potential #2C but could also see him moved to the wing, at worse a #3 scoring line forward that would be invaluable to any team.

2 (52) Jordan Subban D, Belleville Bulls (OHL)
First somewhat big gamble of the draft. Subban has slowly been rising up the draft boards. Initially, most may think he is living off of his brothers' success that the Subban name brings. However the slightly undersized D-man has shown that he is talented in his own right, finishing with 15 goals and 51 points in 68 games, 6th among defensemen in the OHL. Dallas has sizable D-men prospects, but lacks offensive d-men and Subban has the potential to be what they've been missing.

3 (77) Alex Forsberg C/W, Prince George Cougars (WHL)
Former #1 pick in the WHL draft, Forsberg has all the talent, but has been faced with many challenges along the way. The potential is definitely there, the work and effort just needs to accompany it. Hopefully getting into a NHL system can help and we see Forsberg commit to becoming a better player. Potential high risk, but the chance of getting what could have been a top player in the draft in the mid 3rd Round is something the Stars are happy to take a chance on.

3 (83) Thomas Vannelli D, Minnetonka HS (USHS)
The High Schooler has also slowly been climbing the draft rankings. A two-way d-man with offensive touch and size, the Stars look to be set on D prospects for the future. He will be going to the U of Minnesota and will be coached by 2014 U20 Team USA Coach Lucia and that will only help the young man develop into a potential top 4 d-man.

6 (166) Cal Peterson G, Waterloo (USHL)
With the final pick, the Stars looked to replenish a Goaltending prospects pool that is their weak point organizationally. Peterson adds depth and quality to the position.

=======================

I may be biased but I really love this draft and think it's one of the top ones. But I'd love to hear others opinions. I know the Subban pick was debated as being a bit high

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012
With the 206th pick in the 2013 draft the Blue Jackets are proud to select from Jr. A SM-liiga
:cbj

Ville Husso G

1(2nd) Seth Jones D
1 (6th) Hunter Shinkaruk LW
1 (14th)Max Domi C
3 (75th) Lucas Wallmark C
5 (122) Nick Baptiste RW
5 (123) Brody Silk LW
6 (157) Cameron Brace C
6 (159) Connor Rankin C
7 (189) Sami Salminen RW
7 (191) Max Becker RW
7 (195) Colby Cave C
7 (206)Ville Husso G

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
With this being my first draft, I really like the group of prospects I was able to grab.

:stars

1 (15) Adam Erne, RW, Quebec Remparts (QMJHL)
Big hard nosed winger. Brings elite skill & potential, capable of being at least a 20-goal winger. Can play LW/C/RW with relative ease and comfort, plays well in all areas of the ice and has a very "pro-style" game.

2 (41) JT Compher C, USNTDP (USHL)
Quite happy to pick one of the top players coming out of the US program. Highly competitive player that works hard every shift. I see him as a potential #2C but could also see him moved to the wing, at worse a #3 scoring line forward that would be invaluable to any team.

2 (52) Jordan Subban D, Belleville Bulls (OHL)
First somewhat big gamble of the draft. Subban has slowly been rising up the draft boards. Initially, most may think he is living off of his brothers' success that the Subban name brings. However the slightly undersized D-man has shown that he is talented in his own right, finishing with 15 goals and 51 points in 68 games, 6th among defensemen in the OHL. Dallas has sizable D-men prospects, but lacks offensive d-men and Subban has the potential to be what they've been missing.

3 (77) Alex Forsberg C/W, Prince George Cougars (WHL)
Former #1 pick in the WHL draft, Forsberg has all the talent, but has been faced with many challenges along the way. The potential is definitely there, the work and effort just needs to accompany it. Hopefully getting into a NHL system can help and we see Forsberg commit to becoming a better player. Potential high risk, but the chance of getting what could have been a top player in the draft in the mid 3rd Round is something the Stars are happy to take a chance on.

3 (83) Thomas Vannelli D, Minnetonka HS (USHS)
The High Schooler has also slowly been climbing the draft rankings. A two-way d-man with offensive touch and size, the Stars look to be set on D prospects for the future. He will be going to the U of Minnesota and will be coached by 2014 U20 Team USA Coach Lucia and that will only help the young man develop into a potential top 4 d-man.

6 (166) Cal Peterson G, Waterloo (USHL)
With the final pick, the Stars looked to replenish a Goaltending prospects pool that is their weak point organizationally. Peterson adds depth and quality to the position.

=======================

I may be biased but I really love this draft and think it's one of the top ones. But I'd love to hear others opinions. I know the Subban pick was debated as being a bit high

Solid picks, but i'm not sold on both Subban and Forsberg. I won't let that influence my rating though as it comes down to opinion on a player and you gave your reasoning.

With Subban, no doubt he's a great player.. but I think people are focusing more on his last name than his skill-set. I'd take him with a mid-late 3rd.

As for Forsberg, after what he did with Prince George, I wouldn't want him on my team. To think he was once considered a 1st rounder, and now isn't even ranked..

Overall, I'd give it an 8.7/10.

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012

3rd (69th) - Eric Roy, D

How'd I do?

I think you did you did a good job with both :) .

I like the picks of Rasmus Ristolainen and Sergei Tolchinsky for the Flyers.

As for the Avs, I like each of those picks, Zadorov may have been a just a tad bit early (,but thats just me being picky). If your guy is there when you are up , you take him :) . Especially in the first round where anything can happen.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
I think you did you did a good job with both :) .

I like the picks of Rasmus Ristolainen and Sergei Tolchinsky for the Flyers.

As for the Avs, I like each of those picks, Zadorov may have been a just a tad bit early (,but thats just me being picky). If your guy is there when you are up , you take him :) . Especially in the first round where anything can happen.

Especially if you're picking 16th and nobody wants to make a trade.. ;)

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
With the 208th pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the :bruins are pleased to select, from the Seattle Thunderbirds, Riley Sheen.

154220654-riley-sheen-of-the-seattle-thunderbirds-gettyimages.jpg

:bruins Picks:

1 (23) - Curtis Lazar
2 (57) - Keaton Thompson
3 (88) - Taylor Cammarata
4 (118) - Eamon McAdam
5 (148) - Jeff Corbett
6 (178) - Will Butcher
7 (208) - Riley Sheen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad