Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The point was to look beyond this series. Florida closed theirs out in dominating fashion when they were up 3-1, and Boston failed in their attempt and looked abysmal in the process (and Toronto didn’t look much better tonight). Neither have the killer instinct Florida has.

I think the biggest thing tonight is shooters kept acting like they were facing Bob or a better goalie out there, plenty of chances coming in with numbers and space and they didn’t elect to just shoot while on the go

Do that on half of those chances and you likely get the winner before reg is over.

They just didn’t test Woll enough, he made some good saves for sure, but they needed to fire on him a lot more as direct shots he often looks only, average and shake a few times

They had some golden chances in the third.

Oh well, still up. They can take game 6, I personally think it’s going 7, but they absolutely can win game 6. Hell, they could win with their best performance of the series and clobber them 6-1. You don’t know what you’re going to get with this team
They were thinking ahead to the next CHOKE job against the Panthers. They just got ahead of themselves and started the choke last night. Pathetic, moronic, lazy, stinkin' effort.

Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Hey wanna be the jets right now? We still ok guys. Eat a bagel or something. Relax everyone.
Maybe read the room for once, don. I appreciate your positivity and all but not today. I woke-up in a foul mood, after having bad dreams last night. Give it a rest for today, eh? Then come out with all guns blazing positivity tomorrow. We’ll need it then!

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
overall, I think there's a bit of entitlement

I direct most of my ire at ownership for not fixing the goddamn TD garden ice when they had the chance and instead just adding seats.

that ice problem is going to be a problem until it's fixed, we're never going to have a true home advantage especially since they practice on that beautiful warrior arena ice while the away team practices on the sloppy td garden ice

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The two moves montgomery made bit the team right in the ass. Gryz got over powered, Beecher out and face offs suffered, put brazeau in and he was invisible.

On top of it maroon-Frederic-pasta is a disaster of a line.

Regardless it was just a terrible offensive effort

The only reason Maroon is there on that line is to protect Pasta sadly.

He shouldn't be on there at all. But that's where we are.

Beecher needs to play. Grizz HAS to sit.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The start time of Game 6 of the First Round series between the Boston Bruins and Toronto Maple Leafs has been set for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, May 2, in Toronto
f***ing ESPN or tnt or whatever. Let CBC/SN run the show. Better yet, TSN.
On 2nd thought maybe that’s better because maybe they’ll actually be ready to play by 8:07. One can hope, anyway.

Nope

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
I didn’t go - first playoff game missed in years. I didn’t feel well I went to doctors said I’ll live but prescribed meds - and went to bed early and didn’t watch it. I was supposed to go but passed and my friend took someone else/kid.

It’s nothing major but didn’t feel well but God willing I’ll be at next game 7 or Florida.

I taped and figured I’d watch this morning - I actually just woke up checked score and was shocked to see they lost.

Going back to bed and probably going to skip watching it
Hope you feel better and enjoy game 3 vs Florida!

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
I think everyone is allowed one over reaction per series so here is mine:

1. Monty should be fired if we lose this series. Brazeau is a fringe NHL'er and he dresses. Gryz is f***in terrible and Shatty sits for him.

2. Coyle or Zacha or both better f***ing score in game 6.......because the narrative of lacking a top C is true right now. Can't be putting up goose eggs.

3. Pasta has gotta get his head out of his ass. You're the best player in this series, start f***in acting like it.

4. McAvoy.......if I watch you watch another goal while doing nothing about it, I'll personally drive to Boston, and beat the f*** outta you
Where’s the overreaction?

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
The two moves montgomery made bit the team right in the ass. Gryz got over powered, Beecher out and face offs suffered, put brazeau in and he was invisible.

I'm not a Jack Adams winning coach so what do I know, but even I could've told you that having Brazeau and Maroon on the 4th line together, with JVR also in the bottom 6, would not work cause of a lack of foot speed. Just seemed like some an obvious error. Also Beecher is 6'3" 220lbs, you still have size with him in, zero reason to sit him.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I'm not a Jack Adams winning coach so what do I know, but even I could've told you that having Brazeau and Maroon on the 4th line together, with JVR also in the bottom 6, would not work cause of a lack of foot speed. Just seemed like some an obvious error. Also Beecher is 6'3" 220lbs, you still have size with him in, zero reason to sit him.

Agreed the combination of slow guys in jvr, brazeau and maroon can’t happen going forward. Not enough speed at all especially in transition and puck retrieval in the defensive end

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
What a despicable effort from the team. Couldn't pass, couldn't handle the puck, stupid turnovers.

Lot of this I'm assuming is caused by the crappy Garden ice, but they've played on it enough they should know how to adjust.
Very true. Let’s all remember that the visitors have to play on that same sheet of ice as well. The Leafs MIGHT have that as an excuse if they lost. The Bruins do not.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Oh yeah we came VERY close to Pasta being done for the season, his leg got caught up under him after a collision and he was laboring the rest of that shift. Don’t think he missed much time if any but it was ugly and it wouldn’t shock me if he tweaked something
He certainly wasn't smiling.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
monty deservingly will be fired if they blow this to the leafs. He just has to.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

In fairness Beecher was an abysmal 1-6 on faceoffs in game 4. Maybe a fluke….maybe they decided to pay attention to him at the dot because of his success earlier in the series.

Brazeau wasn’t a problem at all and made some good plays.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I didn’t go - first playoff game missed in years. I didn’t feel well I went to doctors said I’ll live but prescribed meds - and went to bed early and didn’t watch it. I was supposed to go but passed and my friend took someone else/kid.

It’s nothing major but didn’t feel well but God willing I’ll be at next game 7 or Florida.

I taped and figured I’d watch this morning - I actually just woke up checked score and was shocked to see they lost.

Going back to bed and probably going to skip watching it
Feel Better. See you at the next game (hopefully round 2)

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad