#28 F William Carrier
#39 F Michael McCarron
#42 D Ian McCoshen
#46 F Laurent Dauphin
#99 F Ross Olsson
#149 D Ryan Graves
#152 F Saku Salminen

thoughts?

Looks good. I like your selections of Carrier, McCoshen, and Dauphin. Only real criticism I have is that McCarron is a little early, however If you believed he would be taken soon then I completely understand. He seems to be shooting up the chart and getting on more people's radar.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
^but sometimes if you want a player before the other guy, like in McCarron's case, you just have to take him a little early or lose him. i have nothing against teams doing this and McCarron may actually be taken in that area by the time the real draft starts.

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012
^but sometimes if you want a player before the other guy, like in McCarron's case, you just have to take him a little early or lose him. i have nothing against teams doing this and McCarron may actually be taken in that area by the time the real draft starts.

Completly agree on all accounts :)

I use the same strategy myself (ex taking the best goalie in the draft (Zach) in the first with the Wild) / we have the same school of though :) . If your guy is available and you have even an inkling that he will be gone before next time you pick , then you take him period. Completely understand taking him early since that we your reasoning.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Carolina are proud to select Thomas Ebbing from Chicago Steel of USHL

Ebbing.jpg

Developmental centre who will need time to catch up to the speed of high level play. Has good vision, skating ability, skill and smarts but needs time to put it together. A fine penaty killer, and shot blocker.

--Bill Placzek--

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012
Carolina are proud to select Thomas Ebbing from Chicago Steel of USHL

Ebbing.jpg

Developmental centre who will need time to catch up to the speed of high level play. Has good vision, skating ability, skill and smarts but needs time to put it together. A fine penaty killer, and shot blocker.

--Bill Placzek--

:sabres should be up with pick 156, not the :canes . Unless you are trying to change pick 154.

154 Carolina receives Connor Clifton.
155 Tampa Bay selects Wiley Sherman D Hotchkiss School
156 Sabres select ?

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
:sabres should be up with pick 156, not the :canes . Unless you are trying to change pick 154.

156 Sabres select ?

I recieve a pm saying I was up. Not my problem. It s not fair that only after I pick someone tell me they made a mistake and it's actually not my pick. then my play get pick. I get pm and then I take my guy.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008

156 Sabres select ?

Yes it s to replace my Connor Clifton pick.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
I recieve a pm saying I was up. Not my problem. It s not fair that only after I pick someone tell me they made a mistake and it's actually not my pick. then my play get pick. I get pm and then I take my guy.

You had since 2:30pm ET to make your pick.. and when I auto'd you, it had already been 6 hours. Tampa Bay was the next pick, he made his, and then 3 hours later you selected Ebbing. In total, it was just under 10 hours to make that pick. There was no mistake.

Googa

Jun 3, 2004
Saguenay
With the 156th Overall Pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft the :sabres select from P.E.I. Rocket of the QJMHL F Yan Pavel Laplante

:sabres Picks

1-(5) Aleksander Barkov,
2-(35) Mirco Mueller,
3-(66) Anton Slepyshev,
5-(126) Marcus Hogberg,
6-(156) Yan Pavel Laplante
7-(186)

Last edited:

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
On behalf of Water Knight and the Columbus Blue Jackets, with the 157th pick, I am proud to select Cameron Brace.

On behalf of RR and the Edmonton Oilers, with the 158th pick, I am proud to select Kyle Burroughs.

On behalf of Water Knight and the Columbus Blue Jackets, with the 159th pick, I am proud to select Connor Rankin.

On behalf of RR and the Calgary Flames, with the 160th pick, I am proud to select Avery Peterson.

:jets is up.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
with the 161st pick, the :jets are proud to select....from the Eerie Otters of the OHL...Nick Betz

Scouting Report:Giant developmental RW who has a good skating stride and on-ice upside. His draft year was interrupted by a ruptured appendix for which he was suffering severe stomach aches for the previous month, but continued playing.

BetzNews3617.jpg

:jets 2013 draft picks:
1st (10th) Valeri Nichushkin RW
2nd (40th) Jimmy Lodge C
2nd (59th) Emile Poirier LW
2nd (61st) Spencer Martin G
3rd (71st) Dillon Heatherington D
3rd (81st) Mitchell Wheaton D
4th (101st)Zach Sanford LW
5th (131st)Alex Henriksson RW
6th (161st)Nick Betz RW

If anyone want to chim in on my performance so far in this draft. It is my first one and i really didnt follow junior hockey until last year since my Habs were losing all the time and I started getting interested.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
:habs are please to select....from Finland, Saku Salminen

#28 F William Carrier
#39 F Michael McCarron
#42 D Ian McCoshen
#46 F Laurent Dauphin
#99 F Ross Olsson
#149 D Ryan Graves
#152 F Saku Salminen

thoughts?

I love your 2nd round picks,McCoshen and Dauphin and terrific picks and even though you are getting some criticism, I really dig the McCarron pick for the Habs. They need size up front.

I like Carrier but I would have prefered Dickinson or Hartman that were still available at the time. I think that if the Habs are really sold on him, they can easily pick him im in the 2nd round with one of their 3 picks.

Other than that, good job sir, well done :yo:

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
You had since 2:30pm ET to make your pick.. and when I auto'd you, it had already been 6 hours. Tampa Bay was the next pick, he made his, and then 3 hours later you selected Ebbing. In total, it was just under 10 hours to make that pick. There was no mistake.

What s the problem? I just wanted to switch prospect.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Philadelphia is auto'd, they receive Anthony Florentino. They have until 4:00pm ET to switch their pick.

On behalf of stayinalive and the Detroit Red Wings, with the 165th pick, I am proud to select Evan Allen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad