NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft #1 by rey72335, Water Knight, and RR

HalbertGil*

I like Zadorov an awful lot. His going top ten isn't the shocker, it's somebody else slipping out of the top six, that's surprising. Especially now that there is a team on the board that may need him less than 29 other teams out there.

I think we both know who you're talking about. :laugh:

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Next draft we'll do something with trades. I just don't want these drafts to turn into being more about trades and amassing picks than actually drafting.

What if we just did STRICTLY DRAFT PICKS for trades next time?? I think it would save some time on people agreeing on what player is worth what.. draft picks usually have a pretty simple value, and since we can include future picks it would make things easier.

EDIT: Beat me to it...

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012
Next draft we'll do something with trades. I just don't want these drafts to turn into being more about trades and amassing picks than actually drafting.

True (also ya I did kinda get over 10 picks with the Blues last time :laugh:) While I do miss trades, I think this draft will be interesting because you have to be calculating with your picks. For example: If you really want a player in the 4th round ,but don't have a 4th round pick, do you use your 3rd to get him or forget about him.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
And this is part of the reason why I took Drouin and Zadorov where they are.. They're the unusual pick for who's available, but from draft history, anything can happen and that's what I wanted to bring in. What fun is it doing a predictable draft?! Changing it up like I did, yet keeping it realistic is I think what's going to keep this interesting.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
True (also ya I did kinda get over 10 picks with the Blues last time :laugh:) While I do miss trades, I think this draft will be interesting because you have to be calculating with your picks. For example: If you really want a player in the 4th round ,but don't have a 4th round pick, do you use your 3rd to get him or forget about him.

Good point. Dealing only picks makes good sense. We'll try that next draft.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
I wonder who you'd be looking at with the #8 pick. :sarcasm:

i know who i'm looking at and it might? not be who your thinking of....

with the #8 pick in the 2013 NHL entry draft, the :flyers are pleased to select.....

from the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the OHL....defenseman Darnell Nurse :yo:

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
With the 9th overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the Buffalo Sabres are pleased to select

ValeriNichushkin.jpg

Valeri Nichushkin of Traktor Chelyabinsk.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
^wow! :isles are extremely proud to select...

from Brynas IF of the SEL..... center Elias Lindholm :D

I was extremely tempted to pick him, but after just drafting Grigorenko and Girgensons to go with Hodgson and Ennis, I had to take a winger. Nichushkin is solid value at 9th, but Lindholm at 10th was a steal. Good job.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
With the 14th pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets are so proud to select
THE HALIFAX MOOSEHEADS ALL-TIME WINS LEADER.....
HAL_Fucale_Zachary_201112-14541.jpg

ZACHARY FUCALE

Columbus Picks
1st) Jonathan Drouin, LW, Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)
7th) Nikita Zadorov, D, London Knights (OHL)
14th) Zachary Fucale, G, Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)​

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
With the 14th pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets are so proud to select
THE HALIFAX MOOSEHEADS ALL-TIME WINS LEADER.....
HAL_Fucale_Zachary_201112-14541.jpg

ZACHARY FUCALE

Columbus Picks
1st) Jonathan Drouin, LW, Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)
7th) Nikita Zadorov, D, London Knights (OHL)
14th) Zachary Fucale, G, Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)​

:amazed: It's still the 1st round, rey. :p:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad