Value of: MN Wild players for draft picks only

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Hi, First time/Long time....my question is a 2 parter:
1)are you open to trading with the :blues
and if so,
2)what are you looking for for Coyle? 2018 1st+ 2019 2nd?

If it isnt close, what counter would you have?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You think Buffalo would still be in the top 10 with Brodin and Coyle added to the lineup? I’ve been told Nylander is a bust but I’d be willing to take a shot on him in a different deal. Fasching does nothing for me. I think the part that gets me is the lottery win protection meanwhile Minnesota is giving up the two best (known) players in the deal. They take all the risk for very little reward IMO.
Buffalo with Brodin( all of a sudden their D is legit, adding Brodin, Dahlin, and a maturing Guhle to Scandella and Risto) and Coyle(exactly the versatile quality forward depth they need. ) becomes a threat to make the playoffs, so the 1st is not so exciting anymore.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
and if so,

Unless the Wild are going to rebuild(and owner is on record saying they aren't) then trading with a division rival for futures makes little sense.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
and if so,

In the context of this specific thread I'd say we're open to trading with anyone as long as they're just offering picks. And if you make the best offer then I guess you get the player.

In more realistic terms I think the main piece coming back for any of Zucker/Coyle/Nino would have to be an unproven young forward or forward prospect close to making the NHL. In either case the upside would have to be high enough to risk giving up a more established player. And while I'm not deadset against trading within the division, you'd probably have to pay a bit more for us to stomach playing against Coyle for the next umpteen years.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
and if so,

Already have Colorado's 2018 1st (#16) on the board. Winnipeg's 1st + 2019 2nd doesn't beat it.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's telling when the teams that know him best are the ones willing to pay the most. Coyle didn't have the best year, but he is due for a bounce back year, and is an effective, versatile player that coaches love. Would hate to play against him multiple times a year. If he is traded (bad idea, IMO) then it better be out of division.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Already have Colorado's 2018 1st (#16) on the board. Winnipeg's 1st + 2019 2nd doesn't beat it.
I would consider offering the WIN 2018 1st for Staal and the BUF 3rd. Can't see Coyle being traded in division, even for the 16OA.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I would consider offering the WIN 2018 1st for Staal and the BUF 3rd. Can't see Coyle being traded in division, even for the 16OA.

Well, right now that would be winning.

I don't know why we'd have to throw in the Buffalo 3rd though. A late 1st would below market value at the trade deadline, let alone getting a full season out of him.

But rules are rules.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
My opinion? High-upside young forwards or close-to-the-NHL forward prospects, especially at center and RW. I suspect that's exactly what St Louis isn't looking to give up, though.

And Staal specifically is a problem because we really have no replacement for him. So the return would have to either include a player that's got a shot at stepping into a top-6 center role next year, or has high enough potential to convince Leipold/New GM that taking a step back next year is worth it. Again, probably not the sorts of pieces that St Louis is looking to trade.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Basically a 24 year old Eric Staal.
well we got a 22 year old Ivan Barbashev who has had 1st, 2nd and 3rd center duties over last 2 years who is elc and basically NHL full time ready. Some how he pissed off yeo and his playing time was taken away. But from what i understand yeo pulled that stuff in minny as well.

Would a 2019 1st round top 10 protected and Barbashev or Jordan Schmaltz have any interest from minny fans

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
well we got a 22 year old Ivan Barbashev who has had 1st, 2nd and 3rd center duties over last 2 years who is elc and basically NHL full time ready. Some how he pissed off yeo and his playing time was taken away. But from what i understand yeo pulled that stuff in minny as well.

Would a 2019 1st round top 10 protected and Barbashev or Jordan Schmaltz have any interest from minny fans

At the TDL if our season goes haywire? Sure.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It's telling when the teams that know him best are the ones willing to pay the most. Coyle didn't have the best year, but he is due for a bounce back year, and is an effective, versatile player that coaches love. Would hate to play against him multiple times a year. If he is traded (bad idea, IMO) then it better be out of division.

I agree with you 100%. You’re talking about a guy who played third line minutes this year after coming back from a broken leg. His center was almost always the dynamic Matt Cullen. Even with that, he was still close to a 50 point pace over a full season. I think if we moved him to center and played him with actual talent that he could be a 60+ point player. We just need to swallow our pride and move koivu, parise, etc. into less of a role. I will say however that if parise is healthy and plays like he did last year, he could easily break 30 goals. Koivu needs to step back and give the kids the opportunity they haven’t been given.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad