OT: MN High School Hockey Thread

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Congrats to Lakeville North...what an awesome season.

And hats off to Duluth East.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Oh Hermantown, always the bridesmaid but never the bride.

I stand by what KFAN was discussing before the A game this morning; Hermantown needs to stop hiding behind the "we only have 35 kids who try out for the team and going to AA would mean we wouldn't go to the tournament every year." This was an actual quote the StarTrib guy had from them during the Q&A session when Brandon Miliski was asking if the media darling for Hermantown has finally worn off. The whole point of the tournament is for it to be actually, you know, hard to even get to it.

And the AA was amazing. Congrats to Lakeville North and Duluth East on great runs. Duluth East's coach spoke very true words early this morning as well when he got on the high horse about kids leaving HS early to play Juniors.

Slick Willy*

I was walking into the east entrance for the AA championship game and guess who walked right by me...Bruce Plante with his wife. Looked like his damn dog died. 6 runners up finishes...that's just harsh.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Congrats to Lakeville North...what an awesome season.

And hats off to Duluth East.

My thoughts exactly. I live one city over from Lakeville. I have a couple of friends who live in Lakeville. I was certainly pulling for them.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Oh Hermantown, always the bridesmaid but never the bride.

I stand by what KFAN was discussing before the A game this morning; Hermantown needs to stop hiding behind the "we only have 35 kids who try out for the team and going to AA would mean we wouldn't go to the tournament every year." This was an actual quote the StarTrib guy had from them during the Q&A session when Brandon Miliski was asking if the media darling for Hermantown has finally worn off. The whole point of the tournament is for it to be actually, you know, hard to even get to it.

And the AA was amazing. Congrats to Lakeville North and Duluth East on great runs. Duluth East's coach spoke very true words early this morning as well when he got on the high horse about kids leaving HS early to play Juniors.
We're the statements about juniors in the paper? If so do you have a link or could you summarize it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad