OT: MN High School Hockey Thread

jimbowman

Mar 19, 2013
How does ticketing work for this tournament? Is the whole arena general admission?
How much is a ticket?

Single A is general admission. AA is assigned seating. Face value is $17 for both classes. When I was still going it involved a lot of waiting in line the morning of at the Xcel ticket box for AA tickets.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Dixen Bowen now has 8 points in the 3 games of the tournament so far, good for him.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
watching on the stream someone so graciously posted earlier. I really want to make the trek up there one year and watch this tournament live. Looks so awesome.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
watching on the stream someone so graciously posted earlier. I really want to make the trek up there one year and watch this tournament live. Looks so awesome.

I've been able to go to a few odd games here and there when friends have had extra tickets. It's really something. Especially the Friday and Saturday games.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I've been able to go to a few odd games here and there when friends have had extra tickets. It's really something. Especially the Friday and Saturday games.

How hard is it to get tickets? I saw the video with the line for the games the other day. That was just insane. Are you able to get them in advance?

jimbowman

Mar 19, 2013
How hard is it to get tickets? I saw the video with the line for the games the other day. That was just insane. Are you able to get them in advance?

You can get on the waiting list for the AA "season tickets" but otherwise you will have to wait in that line unless you want to get them off the secondary market. A lot tickets are given to all the HS hockey teams in state so the secondary market is pretty high.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Beauty of a flip to himself, then blows by the defender for the breakaway goal. Sweet.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

You can get tickets in advance from ticket king etc, but you obviously pay a premium in doing so.

Best session is usually semi final night for AA. Two usually very high quality games then. Most of the longest games in tourney history were in that session.

I was at the one a few years back when Minnetonka and Hill Murray went 5 overtimes! Second longest game in history!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Overtime!

Cody, just so you know...High School tourney hockey alternates overtime. First is 8 minutes, no ice cleaning. Then the second is 15 minutes after cleaning the ice, then 8 minutes again and so fourth.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
EGF's cant have anything left, can they?

Am I correct in that both these teams played last year and EGF's won?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad