MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I still don't think they can pull off an entire card three weeks from now. Maybe if they did a one or two fight card but that probably doesn't make a lot of financial sense.

If the fight doesn't happen on April 18 then we'll have to wait a little while. Khabib isn't fighting during Ramadan and then probably needs at least another month after that so July might be the earliest they can do it.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I still don't think they can pull off an entire card three weeks from now. Maybe if they did a one or two fight card but that probably doesn't make a lot of financial sense.

If the fight doesn't happen on April 18 then we'll have to wait a little while. Khabib isn't fighting during Ramadan and then probably needs at least another month after that so July might be the earliest they can do it.

Yeah, I'm not very confident they can pull it off.

Will be interesting what the card eventually even looks like. I have my doubts that Rose/Andrade happens, mainly because Rose is just wired differently than most fighters from a mental standpoint.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So, Jon Jones..

Don't even know what to say at this point.

It's crazy. Allegedly driving around firing his gun while being drunk. I don't know what happens next legally or otherwise but he's lucky no one got hurt.

Yeah, I'm not very confident they can pull it off.

Will be interesting what the card eventually even looks like. I have my doubts that Rose/Andrade happens, mainly because Rose is just wired differently than most fighters from a mental standpoint.

Dana did say Rose has been hitting him up asking about her fight and still wanting to compete but who knows.

One interesting thing he said it his interview with Yahoo yesterday was that they might do shows at different times during the week at the Apex once they're allowed to. For example, a show on Wednesday night and then another one a few days later on Saturday. I think I'd prefer stacking the PPVs but I can't complain because it'd give us something to watch. That'd be one way to get things moving and give ESPN some much needed content.

Reactions: m9

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
gigRkm4.gif

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Dana says a lot of things, but he also said they are trying to build "the baddest card in the history of the sport" for April 18th. When Okamoto asked him if he should let Francis (who was his next guest) know, Dana confirmed they are trying to put Francis-Rozenstruik on that card. I imagine that means they are trying to put a lot of these fights that got cancelled onto UFC 249, which makes sense. Dana also said he expects some to work out, some not to. I have my doubts any of them will work out, but if they can pull it off safely, it could be really f***ing awesome.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
So, Jon Jones..

Don't even know what to say at this point.
:biglaugh: you can't make this shit up anymore, this guy is a f***ing clown, he'll never change. Give Reyes the belt and move on from this narcissistic prick

member 51464

Dana says a lot of things, but he also said they are trying to build "the baddest card in the history of the sport" for April 18th. When Okamoto asked him if he should let Francis (who was his next guest) know, Dana confirmed they are trying to put Francis-Rozenstruik on that card. I imagine that means they are trying to put a lot of these fights that got cancelled onto UFC 249, which makes sense. Dana also said he expects some to work out, some not to. I have my doubts any of them will work out, but if they can pull it off safely, it could be really f***ing awesome.
Call me crazy, but I'd rather we just wait. I feel like the energy is going to be weird and it'll seem like glorified sparring.

Like, say Tony pulls it off. He deserves to be showered with cheers of tens of thousands.

Lol.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Jones is gonna have to go the, "I need help" route and seek professional intervention. It's a bad look for the UFC if they keep essentially letting him slide on this nonsense. It's time for this card to be played. Jones will have to act remorseful and have mandated rehab/mental wellness, whatever you wanna call it. It's exactly as Cormier said, he's quite simply a bad guy.

Last edited:

member 51464

I, for one, appreciate Jon Jones for doing his part to restore a sense of normalcy for us all in this time of craziness and pandemic.

Thanks, Jon. It may as well be 2015

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Call me crazy, but I'd rather we just wait. I feel like the energy is going to be weird and it'll seem like glorified sparring.

Like, say Tony pulls it off. He deserves to be showered with cheers of tens of thousands.

Lol.
I said the same thing prior to the near country wide lockdown, but now I'm dying for some sports haha.

And a weird ending like that is only fitting for Tony lol.

Edit: I also think it could be pretty big for the UFC to gain new fans if they can do it without anybody getting corona. Being the only sport on, they'd get some extra eyeballs, for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad