MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Jones is gonna have to go the, "I need help" route and seek professional intervention. It's a bad look for the UFC if they keep essentially letting him slide on this nonsense. It's time for this card to be played. Jones will have to act remorseful and have mandated rehab/mental wellness, whatever you wanna call it. It's exactly as Cormier said, he's quite simply a bad guy.

UFC needs to make a statement. Suspend him and strip his belt.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
UFC needs to make a statement. Suspend him and strip his belt.

Agreed. Let Santos and Reyes fight for the belt since both those guys won their fights against Jones anyways. Either way, get this guy the help he clearly needs before he kills someone. The last thing he needs is to be fighting.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think they’re gonna legit have the fight on a battle ship in international waters
It's not that crazy of an idea. They had NCAA basketball games on an aircraft carrier years ago. If they can do that, they can have fights. I think the biggest obstacle is still the travel unless they are sending private jets for everybody.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think if/when Jones is stripped, Blachowicz v Reyes is the fight to make for the title. They are both the obvious two options thrown around as getting the next title fight.

No disrespect to Santos, but he's been off injured and really isn't in yet discussion for the next title shot. He can fight someone else and then get his shot after if he wins.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think if/when Jones is stripped, Blachowicz v Reyes is the fight to make for the title. They are both the obvious two options thrown around as getting the next title fight.

No disrespect to Santos, but he's been off injured and really isn't in yet discussion for the next title shot. He can fight someone else and then get his shot after if he wins.
I think that's right. It still sucks, though. Even though I fully believe Reyes beat Jones, no matter who wins the belt, there will be a certain number of people that will call them paper champs because they didn't beat Jones.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I want Santos to have a fight with somebody like Corey Anderson or even somebody like Shogun (that may be cruel) to make sure his legs are good to go

double knee surgery is a motherf***er

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lets be honest, Jones will likely be defending his belt at some point this year. The UFC probably defers to whatever the legal system decides his punishment will be and I doubt a millionaire athlete will be serving time for DWI. Apparently the weapons charge is only considered a petty misdemeanor.

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I want Santos to have a fight with somebody like Corey Anderson or even somebody like Shogun (that may be cruel) to make sure his legs are good to go

double knee surgery is a motherf***er

For sure. There are lots of fun fights for him to come back to and assuming it goes well he'll be in line for a title shot.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
This will turn into a big ol' pity party for Jon Jones. An absolute snake who knows full well that a sob story combined with his immense talent will get him off the hook yet again. Nothing about that man seems genuine, and he'll play the "I need help" card and probably gain plenty of sympathetic support after this one. It's sad and a total shame but I have zero sympathy at this point aside from those who care about him.

Plenty of people need help and have issues, Jones does not deserve anything special because of his status or added leeway because he's a rich young (ish) athlete. Maybe the guy is just a POS. Just think about what he hasn't been caught/arrested for, let alone the numerous "through the grapevine" incidents over the years in the MMA community.

I'm sure he and his people will find a way to make his return an amazing comeback from adversity story somehow, seems to be how people like that operate. Just a damn shame.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Khabib says he might be stuck in Russia and that the UFC is trying to do 249 with or without him. With the original card and all the other cancelled fights that could potentially be added, they could still build a pretty bad ass card, but without Khabib-Tony, it will still seem like a let down. He even said they are looking for other opponents for Tony. If that happens and Tony loses or gets seriously hurt or something, I'm going to lose my shit.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Khabib says he might be stuck in Russia and that the UFC is trying to do 249 with or without him. With the original card and all the other cancelled fights that could potentially be added, they could still build a pretty bad ass card, but without Khabib-Tony, it will still seem like a let down. He even said they are looking for other opponents for Tony. If that happens and Tony loses or gets seriously hurt or something, I'm going to lose my shit.

Send him a private jet. I'm sure Russia can figure it out although parts of the country are under quarantine.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Scrambling to put the event on April 18th makes even less sense now that Khabib is out. I don't think the event is happening so it won't really matter in the end but Ferguson should just wait instead of fighting someone like Gaethje or Poirier.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Unreal man, 4 times someone pulls out because of injury and the 5th time a f***ing virus leads to the fight getting cancelled. This is actually insane .

Seems like Dana did a poor job communicating with Khabib and sold wolf tickets with Abu Dhabi

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Scrambling to put the event on April 18th makes even less sense now that Khabib is out. I don't think the event is happening so it won't really matter in the end but Ferguson should just wait instead of fighting someone like Gaethje or Poirier.
Yeah, Tony should just wait. Dude's had enough hard luck getting a fair title shot up until now.

Reactions: CDJ and Avs_19

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
This was inevitable. Unfortunately we'll have the entire event cancelled, my guess is by this time next week. I commend Dana's persistence, but this is just beyond his control. This virus is spreading like wildfire and outside of some remote island the entire world will be too heavily restricted for this event to go on.

Reactions: m9

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Just hold the card on an oil rig or battleship in international waters. I need fights.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Usman and Masvidal going back and forth about who turned down the fight to step in at UFC 249. Let's see...who do I believe? The two-faced half respectful martial artist half shit talking tough guy or the guy who got his start with bare knuckle fights on the streets of Miami?

Reactions: chicagoskycam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad