MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Interesting ass fight

I tend to lean Luque. I think he has a submission game to keep Chiesa honest in the grappling, he can hit some D’Arce chokes and anacondas. I think he’s much more of a force on the feet

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Moraes appears to be on the way down. If Merab looks like he did against Stamann, I think he exhausts Marlon after a few minutes and takes the W. Great matchup though.

I think Luque is well-rounded enough to not get ragdolled by Chiesa, I lean towards him in that one. Could see it being a grueling battle with a close decision too.

Reactions: I am not exposed

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That could be good. I would rather the winner of this get a title shot instead of Colby.

Usman/Colby would probably be in August/September anyway - maybe even on the same card - so no need to wait around.

I would think Edwards is ahead of Luque/Chiesa anyway.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Usman/Colby would probably be in August/September anyway - maybe even on the same card - so no need to wait around.

I would think Edwards is ahead of Luque/Chiesa anyway.

Yea if he wants to keep busy and fight that soon that's great, I'm all for it. But if we had to prioritize I wouldn't put Colby at the top since all he did since the first fight is beat a washed Woodley.

Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Good fight but it will be interesting what they do next for Moreno now.
Probably still gets the winner. It is only 1.5 month away and Moreno seemed like he wanted to take some time. He was obviously in a war in the first fight and said he was basically in camp for 6 months. He said something about spending time with family and eating bad food in the post fight presser. So I wouldn't be surprised if he's fine waiting until November or December for his first defense.

Reactions: m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Magomed Magomedkerimov with the tribute to Oleinik making Curtis Millender go limp with an Ezekiel choke. Well done

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
A rare 9-8 round in the first of Sordi-Spohn (imo)

Edit: Preposterous that they didn’t give Sordi a 9-8 in a round he outstruck a guy like 150-4 but ok

Last edited:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Not saying I agree with the decision, but Rory looked bad and didn't do anything worth a damn outside of a brief takedown. Deserved to take an L with such a lackluster performance imo.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
At least it didn’t cost Rory too badly because of the format. He’s still in the semi-finals and has a chance to win the tournament.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I'm more surprised that 2 judges gave Tibau round 1. Thought 1 was definitely Rory and I gave round 3 to Tibau. Round 2 was competitive enough, yes Rory got the early takedown but after they got to their feet, nothing special happened .

I had it 29-28 Rory but honestly have no problem with the decision, guess I'm in the minority though. Hopefully it lights a spark because I thought he looked pretty damn bad.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm more surprised that 2 judges gave Tibau round 1. Thought 1 was definitely Rory and I gave round 3 to Tibau. Round 2 was competitive enough, yes Rory got the early takedown but after they got to their feet, nothing special happened .

I had it 29-28 Rory but honestly have no problem with the decision, guess I'm in the minority though. Hopefully it lights a spark because I thought he looked pretty damn bad.

giving Tibau round 1 was criminal

99F04EF1-BCEF-4B13-8900-23B572115AB7.jpeg

I mean what are we doing here?

it’s stealing.

One of the judges is the guy who had Gastelum 30-27 on Till. Dave Tirelli deserves the worst in life

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad