MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Judging by how this Portland/Seattle game is going, this playoffs' theme so far seems to be "hot in the second half == doom."

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
What was that ridiculous crowd in Columbus yesterday. Only 12k "announced" crowd? And once again mostly empty in New-York. What is going on?

Even in Salt Lake lots of empty seats, Not enough time to promote those playoffs games? Tickets prices to blame? People don't like the "cold"?

It doesn't look good on tv when you have empty stadiums for playoff games, this hurts the ratings big time for sure. (baseball field and synthetic fields as well)

DC-Columbus was amazing the other night but yesterday was back to normal it seems.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
It's really hard not to be pessimistic going into Sunday having not scored an away goal in the first leg. Columbus did get shutout in Montreal a month ago which gives me a semblance of hope, but I think there's a good chance that we need to score 3 goals. Need Kaku and BWP to make it happen.

Reactions: sabremike

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's really hard not to be pessimistic going into Sunday having not scored an away goal in the first leg. Columbus did get shutout in Montreal a month ago which gives me a semblance of hope, but I think there's a good chance that we need to score 3 goals. Need Kaku and BWP to make it happen.
Shutting us out isn't that big of an accomplishment in and of itself; as everybody is happy to point out, our offense constantly underperforms relative to its chances. That said, Higuain has this thing about going beastmode for the playoffs, so. :dunno:

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
What was that ridiculous crowd in Columbus yesterday. Only 12k "announced" crowd? And once again mostly empty in New-York. What is going on?

Even in Salt Lake lots of empty seats, Not enough time to promote those playoffs games? Tickets prices to blame? People don't like the "cold"?

It doesn't look good on tv when you have empty stadiums for playoff games, this hurts the ratings big time for sure. (baseball field and synthetic fields as well)

DC-Columbus was amazing the other night but yesterday was back to normal it seems.

There's quite a few Crew fans that are waiting for the sale of the team so that way slimeball Anthony Precourt isn't getting more money.
Also, Precourt is putting zero dollars into advertising and marketing.
There will be a ton of ticket sales once the team is officially sold to the new owners.

Reactions: sabremike and Viqsi

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Might be time to change the thread title soon to "Exit Zlatan"...

He indicated after meeting with the media that he was likely to stay. I suspect Gio will be on the way and Zlatan will take his spot as our last DP. But honestly if he decides to leave I wouldn't blame him

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He indicated after meeting with the media that he was likely to stay. I suspect Gio will be on the way and Zlatan will take his spot as our last DP. But honestly if he decides to leave I wouldn't blame him

Apparently he wants to go to AC Milan and interest is mutual. Milan though want him only for 6 months where as Zlatan would like a year added to that.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Leg 2 of Seattle and Portland is tonight. Marshall is definitely out after having surgery a few days ago. Roldan a game time decision. The way I see it is if Roldan is in, Seattle win this match and move on. If Roldan is out, they more than likely lose unless Lodeiro and Ruidiaz take over the game.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
There's quite a few Crew fans that are waiting for the sale of the team so that way slimeball Anthony Precourt isn't getting more money.
Also, Precourt is putting zero dollars into advertising and marketing.
There will be a ton of ticket sales once the team is officially sold to the new owners.
Fair enough but its not just Columbus. The issue probably is deeper that that.

Inter Miami CF stadium approved by voters, so I guess its finally happening.

What a match between Seattle and Portland

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Legs, tiebreakers, away goals.... why not have one game winner take all at the team with the better record or a best of 3?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Legs, tiebreakers, away goals.... why not have one game winner take all at the team with the better record or a best of 3?
I agree. Instead of away goals it should be points. Whomever that has more points gets to move on.

But I think MLS wants to use the more traditional method.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Another down and up season for Seattle. It has taught me a few things about them.

1. Most obvious one. They need to start better. They were unable to rest any key guys down the stretch. Fatigue didn’t play a huge factor but it definitely played a factor.
2. Smith needs to get healthy and be our LB with Francis as his backup. Nouhou is still WAY too raw and showed it today and this season. This series is Nouhou’s whole career in two games. One game he’s great, the next a liability.
3. Bruin should never play another minute for Seattle. He has his uses but with Morris back, he shouldn’t be on the team.
4. Roldan needs to play in the middle. He’s effective in every position but we need the help in the middle.
5. Ozzie is one of the best DM in league history. With that said, I don’t know how much longer he can keep this up. We either need to bring in a backup DM or we need Delem/Wingo to take a huge step forward.
6. We need more wing depth. If Bwana can’t take a step forward we need a new outside mid. If fact even if Bwana does we still probably need one.
7. Ruidiaz is a top 5 striker in the MLS and I would argue top 3 (especially if Ibra does end up leaving)
8. We should probably get a new CB with more speed too
9. Backup keeper should be addressed too

Depth chart right now

ST: Ruidiaz, Morris, Bwana, Chenkam, Bruin
AM: Lodeiro, Roldan, VRod, Shipp
RM: Bwana, Shipp, Roldan, Delem, A. Roldan
LM: VRod, Shipp, Bwana, Kovar, Wingo
DM: Roldan, Ozzie, Svensson, A. Roldan, Lodeiro, Wingo, Delem
LB: Smith, Francis, Nouhou
RB: Leerdam, McCrary, Delem
CB: Marshall, Kim, Torres, Delem, Alfaro
GK: Frei, Meredith

I think looking at this you can clearly see where help is needed.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
MLS not using the away goals rule...They just can't get it right it seems, always need to fucq with something that is working fine everywhere.

Anyway Portland went through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln