MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Revs also should have had a red for an awful challenge
If only the league had a system in place where calls like that could be looked at to correct a missed call, they could call it "Video Review". That sure would be a great idea right???

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
It would, apparently the crew call, there was a yellow given, if ref would have waited, VAR would have kicked in...so weird

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I wouldn't know about any of the controversies; I didn't get to watch today. Or last week, or the week before, for that matter - I've been only able to follow games via Twitter feeds and the radio lately, because every legal streaming option has been killed off and most of the less-than-legal ones aren't working.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Tyler Adams reportedly headed to Leipzig. Question is whether he waits until the end of our season (which would be acceptable because honestly I figured he was going very soon) or if he leaves midseason (which would be complete and utter bullshit and f*** us totally)?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Tyler Adams reportedly headed to Leipzig. Question is whether he waits until the end of our season (which would be acceptable because honestly I figured he was going very soon) or if he leaves midseason (which would be complete and utter bull**** and **** us totally)?
Probably mid season honestly. Get him a few games in the beginning and a preseason with Leipzig or Salzburg (where I think he’s actually heading)

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Tyler Adams taken off after Kemar Lawrence had to be stretchered off. Looked like they were doing tests around his right knee/ leg area

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Was flipping channels what happened to be stretchered?
Looked like he hit his head on the artificial turf (which should be outlawed in MLS and this was exhibit A as to why). Was an incredibly scary scene. We got a gigantic win on the road but because of what happened to Taxi after the game I felt like we had just lost 5-0.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Oh and great job by the guy in Atlanta with the trumpet who played taps as Taxi was being strethered out. Pure class. Hope that guy drowns in a tub of herpes.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I think that’s a little far....
If you saw the scene live it was unbelievably scary. It looked like not only might his career be over but that he could've been paralyzed or worse. The fact that someone could be so lacking in basic humanity to do that is sick and disgusting.

In other news LOL at Ibra going nuts and getting sent off for smacking a guy in the back of the head.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If you saw the scene live it was unbelievably scary. It looked like not only might his career be over but that he could've been paralyzed or worse. The fact that someone could be so lacking in basic humanity to do that is sick and disgusting.

In other news LOL at Ibra going nuts and getting sent off for smacking a guy in the back of the head.
Honestly some of those guys are being paid to play the trumpet or distract supporters or pump them up. It’s very possible that guys job is to play the trumpet. Now I didn’t see the play and I didn’t see a good angle and I don’t know who was playing the trumpet.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Honestly some of those guys are being paid to play the trumpet or distract supporters or pump them up. It’s very possible that guys job is to play the trumpet. Now I didn’t see the play and I didn’t see a good angle and I don’t know who was playing the trumpet.
You realize if he was being paid by the team it makes what he did a million times worse right???

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
No it doesn’t. Because they are paying him to keep the crowd hyped. He made a snap judgment and figured he’d rather keep his job.
What part of "We literally did not know if Taxi was going to live or die" do you fail to understand? Defending that guy is not the hill any sane person should want to die on.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What part of "We literally did not know if Taxi was going to live or die" do you fail to understand? Defending that guy is not the hill any sane person should want to die on.
Like I said before I didn’t see the play and I didn’t see the guy. It’s one thing if he’s just a fan but it’s a whole different thing if he was with the team.

Also you are talking about class and saying that you want that guy to drown. Calling me sane or talking about class is kind of ironic for you currently.

Reactions: NYRPat21

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Like I said before I didn’t see the play and I didn’t see the guy. It’s one thing if he’s just a fan but it’s a whole different thing if he was with the team.

Also you are talking about class and saying that you want that guy to drown. Calling me sane or talking about class is kind of ironic for you currently.
The guy mocked a player who was in a situation where it looked like he could've been paralyzed or even died. I 1,000,000% stand by what I said about the guy, f*** him.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I have no clue how we escaped with 3 points. That first half was one of the worst halves I've ever seen from either side. Ibra getting a red card was obvious, but that dude very subtly stamped Ibra.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I have no clue how we escaped with 3 points. That first half was one of the worst halves I've ever seen from either side. Ibra getting a red card was obvious, but that dude very subtly stamped Ibra.
Oh I agree that was a cheap move by the Impact player but Ibra has to be way smarter than that (particularly with the existence of VAR where if you do something blatant you will get caught).

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Galaxy as a whole have been undisciplined of late. Cole has already been suspended twice this season for yellow card accumulation, Lleget and Kitchen both recieved yellows on top of Ibra's red. Lots of frustration within the team. Hopefully this win will spark something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad