MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Giovinco just blamed the Argos fieldshare for his injuries the second half of the year, which is definitely going to help resolve the idiotic pettiness between the two fanbases.

I'd see it more as rich boy making excuses for not being able to perform.

Certainly a textbook case of the Napoleon complex.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
At first, everyone was thinking ATL was gonna be a bust (myself included). NFL owner just looking to fill dates at his new arena. So far, they seem to be doing everything the "ideal" MLS team does. Nice new stadium, will be filled with fans, large supporters group, investing in local youth, investing in team with young DP's. They are making a fan out of me. Minny seems to be going the budget route so far....Lack of stadium for first year preventing much investment?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The Galaxy are aware that LAFC starts being an actual, you know, thing next year, right? Why they feel this is the time to become cheap and stupid doesn't make a ton of sense.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
At first, everyone was thinking ATL was gonna be a bust (myself included). NFL owner just looking to fill dates at his new arena. So far, they seem to be doing everything the "ideal" MLS team does. Nice new stadium, will be filled with fans, large supporters group, investing in local youth, investing in team with young DP's. They are making a fan out of me. Minny seems to be going the budget route so far....Lack of stadium for first year preventing much investment?

There has been a very large influx of Argentine talent into MLS. They want to play for a guy who coached Messi. Can you blame them?

Minny is going a very traditional route. We will see if it pays off.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Are the Earthquakes management just perpetually asleep at the wheel? Have they made any moves yet?

Also, do not like leaving Marc Pelosi and Marvell Wynne unprotected for the draft.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Are the Earthquakes management just perpetually asleep at the wheel? Have they made any moves yet?

Also, do not like leaving Marc Pelosi and Marvell Wynne unprotected for the draft.

Well the draft is over and those guys weren't picked if it makes you feel better.

The expand draft is kind of a joke. Half of the players taken webtbto other teams, and there are prearranged deals too.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Well the draft is over and those guys weren't picked if it makes you feel better.

The expand draft is kind of a joke. Half of the players taken webtbto other teams, and there are prearranged deals too.

That does make me feel better. Thank you for informing me of that. I'm a relatively new soccer fan so I don't really know where the best places are to follow the game and offseason transactions.

Any particular sites you might recommend?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
That does make me feel better. Thank you for informing me of that. I'm a relatively new soccer fan so I don't really know where the best places are to follow the game and offseason transactions.

If you have a twitter account I would suggest following Grant Wahl and Ives Galarcep. Both are pretty spot on when it comes to American soccer and MLS and soccer abroad as well.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
There has been a very large influx of Argentine talent into MLS. They want to play for a guy who coached Messi. Can you blame them?

Minny is going a very traditional route. We will see if it pays off.

Both the guys ATL just got are Paraguayan right? Also, "traditional" as in don't sign anyone and hope for the best? AKA Fire/Earthquakes version of "traditional".

Bigsoccer is ok, not nearly as lively as HF is for hockey, but gets the job done. While not being as god awful on the eyes as Reddit.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Orlando's Larin, Ramos, and Higuita all obtain green cards so they no longer count as international players. Hopefully Kreis uses that and the new TAM to rebuild that defense.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Both the guys ATL just got are Paraguayan right? Also, "traditional" as in don't sign anyone and hope for the best? AKA Fire/Earthquakes version of "traditional".

Bigsoccer is ok, not nearly as lively as HF is for hockey, but gets the job done. While not being as god awful on the eyes as Reddit.

Meant to specify the Argentine league. My bad.

By traditional I just mean they are going for a slow build, as opposed to coming out guns blazing

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Rumors out of Argentina that an MLS club have bid $14 million on Dario Benedetto.

There seem to be some rumblings that it could be Seattle, but with Romero falling through for Atlanta, I wouldn't be shocked if it's them.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Dinamo Zagreb's Algerian striker Soudani is linked with the Sounders, not sure how realistic it is simply based off wages, not sure what the average non-DP international makes in MLS but Soudani is making like 1.0-1.2m euros a season there, and Dinamo do pay their players on time unlike most EE clubs :laugh: He will also have interest from European clubs as well

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Dinamo Zagreb's Algerian striker Soudani is linked with the Sounders, not sure how realistic it is simply based off wages, not sure what the average non-DP international makes in MLS but Soudani is making like 1.0-1.2m euros a season there, and Dinamo do pay their players on time unlike most EE clubs :laugh: He will also have interest from European clubs as well

So the rumor was true

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Juninho returns to MLS and joins the Fire on a 1 year loan with an option to buy. Greg Garza also loaned to Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad