MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Crew are supposed to name their DP2 next week...there was a brief rumor that it was Donovan...but several of the beat guys are saying it probably isn't...but yet no names are out there other than Omar Gonzalez...but that too has been shot down...

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
RSL have signed 22-year old Slovakian attacking mid Albert Rusnak as a DP from Groningen (rumored to have spent a $2.5m fee). Looks to be a decent signing, and the age is a big plus.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Jesse Marsch leaving RBNY to take the job at RB Salzberg. Chris Armas will take over as head coach.

This is actually a really interesting rumor from a US Soccer perspective (if it is a rumor and not confirmed - haven't seen a confirmation out of Austria yet) because that would mean Marsch has impressed Red Bull enough that he's rising up their ranks (keeping in mind that Salzburg is the next step below Leipzig). Theoretically he could eventually end up coaching in the German Bundesliga.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
If Beckham was smart, he'd scrap Miami and go all in with San Diego.

Rumors going around the Chargers will play at Stub Hub center with the Galaxy which means they'll share the field with them during the end of the MLS season. Actually kind of pissed now that they'll likely mess up the pitch with football lines. :shakehead

Speaking of Beckham, it's been a decade since he signed with the Galaxy. I was very young and had only been playing soccer for a few years, but I knew who David Beckham was. Certainly was a big reason that I continued playing and following the sport.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Wouldn't Stub Hub be ridiculously small for the NFL?

It's about a 1/3 of the size of an average NFL stadium. No one in LA is going to show up if they put them in a regular football stadium. If they put them at Stub Hub center then it'll look like that some people actually care.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
It's about a 1/3 of the size of an average NFL stadium. No one in LA is going to show up if they put them in a regular football stadium. If they put them at Stub Hub center then it'll look like that some people actually care.

Why even move if no one in LA even cares about them? I'll never understand that stuff. Although I'm still mourning the loss of the Nordiques...

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
This is going to be a disaster.

On the bright side the Galaxy retain scheduling priority and they're insistent on there not being football lines on the pitch for soccer games...but Carson itself is laughably ill-fit to host MLS games as it is, the thought of the NFL there makes me laugh/cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->