Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team - Revs clinch playoff spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
From what I heard the Revs came was postponed more for sluggish ticket sales than the weather.

Could be, although I'm not sure what "sluggish ticket sales" would even mean for the Revs, given that they only average 9-10K per game......during the warmer months.

I'm sure the weather forecast didn't help last minute sales, which probably account for a good chunk of sales, along with the local youth soccer leagues which won't start up for another few weeks.

Bruins1233

Apr 30, 2016
Could be, although I'm not sure what "sluggish ticket sales" would even mean for the Revs, given that they only average 9-10K per game......during the warmer months.

I'm sure the weather forecast didn't help last minute sales, which probably account for a good chunk of sales, along with the local youth soccer leagues which won't start up for another few weeks.

The Revolution officially average about 20,000 a game, but I would understand even if they sold 10,000 tickets it would look pretty sad against Atlanta, Minnesota and Orlando.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
The Revolution officially average about 20,000 a game, but I would understand even if they sold 10,000 tickets it would look pretty sad against Atlanta, Minnesota and Orlando.

Last year's 20K average was an outlier.

14K in 2015, 2013 and 2012
16K in 2014

Add to that the fact that March games are always a tougher sell anyway due to the weather and the fact that the family deals for local youth soccer orgs haven't gone out yet (they didn't even hit 17K in attendance until their April 30th game last year).

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
these idiots were winning 3-0 in the 75th minute and blew it

heaps needs to be left on the tarmac

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
these idiots were winning 3-0 in the 75th minute and blew it

heaps needs to be left on the tarmac
Yeah, that was... uh... that was not good.

It's been an interesting week in Revsland. On Thursday, the team announced they were not going to build a stadium in Dorchester, and as if to insult to injury, they release renderings of the stadium that isn't going to be built:

NERevolution_KraftStadium07_biz.jpg

Ugh.

...and then they blow a three goal lead in the last 15 minutes of their match after their coach takes out their two best possession players.

So, yeah... things are going swimmingly these days.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The treatment you guys get from your ownership and the security Gestapo is a disgrace. I'm ESC (Metro supporters) and me and many others down here are friends with the Midnight Riders from US national team games. You guys deserve so much better.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Is MLS rapidly growing in the States? I know there were some notable transfers from Eu clubs, mostly veterans if i am correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille