MLS 2021, 22

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
This league is so lame and insecure at times.....no other pro league does this shit so often.

The thing is the FC naming nomenture isnt even uniform throughout the world. There are countless other times that arent City FC yet we are trying to make it like 100% of the league.

I do believe the reddit posters who are saying this is likely a league direction upon new ownership.

Reactions: Pouchkine

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
This league is so lame and insecure at times.....no other pro league does this shit so often.

The thing is the FC naming nomenture isnt even uniform throughout the world. There are countless other times that arent City FC yet we are trying to make it like 100% of the league.

I do believe the reddit posters who are saying this is likely a league direction upon new ownership.

They were perfectly content with allowing Precourt pull the rug out from under them so this is definitely believable. And the timing of this is just even stranger. The stadium is being finished within a couple months, the season is already under way, they literally just f***ing won MLS cup, why are you dropping this news now and, I'm mentioning it again, without consulting the fanbase. It literally blows my mind and I really don't understand this league at times. I'm not even a Crew fan and it pisses me off

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
They were perfectly content with allowing Precourt pull the rug out from under them so this is definitely believable. And the timing of this is just even stranger. The stadium is being finished within a couple months, the season is already under way, they literally just f***ing won MLS cup, why are you dropping this news now and, I'm mentioning it again, without consulting the fanbase. It literally blows my mind and I really don't understand this league at times. I'm not even a Crew fan and it pisses me off

Exactly....and halfway through a reason where you allowed people to buy merchandise already.

Part of me even buys that the owner is letting her daughter run the team as something to do, as the result and execution is so amateur.

The corporate speak st this reveal was even worse than the usual cringe you get from MLs overthinking bra dings. "This rebrand will make Columbus a global, Midwest icon.". Good God....

Not even the biggest MLS water carriers are attempting to defend this rebrand tonight.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
that new crew badge looks like a fast food logo. there's nothing more lame and cringey about MLS than the stupid "euro-inspired" names

shame on the crew for getting rid of this beauty in the first place
soc_oldcrew_600x600.jpg

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The Village People crest has its place in history, that’s for sure.

The Precourt crest, despite his will to move the team, is nice. It could’ve been refined a bit and I would’ve been satisfied despite the connection to that twerp.

This new thing is just a lifeless corporate nightmare

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
My favorite theory yet on the reason for the rebrand:
Then again, the Crew have won precisely one MLS Cup per logo. It immediately occurred to me that perhaps I am underthinking the whole thing and this is a genius-level masterstroke designed to aid in a 2021 repeat, which would explain the mid-season branding switch and its underwhelming lack of quality. They needed to rush that sucker out the door in time to help hoist another MLS Cup in the new stadium’s first season.
(source: De-Branding the Crew)

Reactions: bluesfan94

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The Village People crest has its place in history, that’s for sure.

The Precourt crest, despite his will to move the team, is nice. It could’ve been refined a bit and I would’ve been satisfied despite the connection to that twerp.

This new thing is just a lifeless corporate nightmare
The vast majority of the Montreal Impact fanbase still can't believe the disastrous and unnecessary rebranding the team made and now looking at this with Columbus it's just as bad and impossible to understand, except if it's a league directive.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
The vast majority of the Montreal Impact fanbase still can't believe the disastrous and unnecessary rebranding the team made and now looking at this with Columbus it's just as bad and impossible to understand, except if it's a league directive.
i had no idea montreal rebranded until now and what a shock, another generic "euro inspired name" and lifeless badge

with all these teams rebranding to "FC" "SC" and "United," it wouldn't surprise me at all if the league was behind it

Reactions: Pouchkine

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
I dont watch a lot of the games because I have limited soccer viewing time as is and prefer to not watch 2nd tier leagues.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Interested to see how RBNY look against Philly this wknd. The press looked BEAUTIFUL at home these last two games. Let's see how they can do against a better team and on the road.

Reactions: sabremike

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
f*** the earthquakes. f*** Toledo. f*** PayPal Park. f*** those cheap shot artists. They should have had 4 players sent off including that dirty asshole Eric Remedi. Toledo fully lost the game. If Frei is hurt long term, Sounders season is done.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Inter Miami are terrible and go watch their keeper on the 1st Impact goal yesterday...

Montreal has a decent team, plays a nice style and could surprise, Nancy is a much better coach than Henry.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I dont know whether to be thrilled that the Galaxy are only 1 point behind Seattle or the fact that we actually look competent for the first time in like 5 years

Reactions: Terry Yake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad