MLS 2021, 22

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
They probably sunk too much money into merchandise to make a real about face on the logo, but ultimately they had to keep the Crew in the name. That was the only scenario that was ever going to happen. I seriously can't believe that the owners thought the fans were just going to go along with this

Reactions: Pouchkine

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
But they keep the new ugly terrible logo?
It's been slightly modified. Swap out the "SC" for "Crew" (that's in the official name too, btw - just "Columbus Crew", not "Columbus Crew SC"), and sneak in the founding year where there was previously pointless nothing space.

It's still not good, but it's an improvement.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
It's still very bad. I understand the reference to 96 but it doesn't fit into this already terrible logo.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
5 years ago yesterday, the greatest match I've ever attended live:

Yankee Stadium in the sun,

Metro 7 and City none,

All these days I will sing in praise,

Of the Metro team that played that day.

Reactions: Basement Cat

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
What the hell happened there? Used to watch NYCFC quite often back when my countryman Mitrita played for them, didn't seem like the kind of team to have such a spectacular meltdown.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Williams should've been subbed out after that collision. Clearly wasn't all right in the head when he made that tackle and it basically handed Portland the game

Galaxy defense is still atrocious. Maybe one day the organization will finally realize that

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Once they get to 32, I think it would make a lot of sense to scrap the conferences and go to four 8 team divisions.

And do something like:
Division home & home: 14 games
One other division home: 8 games
One other division away: 8 games
Remaining 4: Half of the 3rd division

Reactions: luiginb

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
How has no one mentioned that Miami had 5 DPs and still missed the playoffs?

Not only missed the playoffs, but missed the playoffs to Nashville who couldn't score goals at all last year. I love Beckham, but this is not a good start to your franchise if you're messing up this badly right out of the gate.

Reactions: Gecklund

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Interesting graphic:

This is exactly why I keep telling people pro/rel won't work here, and that the actual parallel to be drawn between MLS and European soccer is with the Champions League. Population density and the distances involved. I frankly wish I'd have thought of a visualization like this before as it very nicely illustrates the issue.

Reactions: sabremike

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Not only missed the playoffs, but missed the playoffs to Nashville who couldn't score goals at all last year. I love Beckham, but this is not a good start to your franchise if you're messing up this badly right out of the gate.
Is it possible they willingly violated rules knowing fines are gonna come, but just didn't care?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
What the hell happened there? Used to watch NYCFC quite often back when my countryman Mitrita played for them, didn't seem like the kind of team to have such a spectacular meltdown.
NYCFC was founded in 2013 and kicked off in 2015. Mike over there is literally bragging about destroying a tea that was barely a year old.

Its all he got and its quite sad. Red Bulls in 3 decades did f*** all.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Better than not even having a stadium nobody goes to (and check out the "crowds" you guys were pulling in at Six Flags Over The Bronx in 2019).
NYCFC pulled in more people to baseball stadium to watch soccer than Red Bulls in 2019. Says it all about Energy Drinks of NJ.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
NYCFC pulled in more people to baseball stadium to watch soccer than Red Bulls in 2019. Says it all about Energy Drinks of NJ.
It's cute that you actually believe any MLS attendance figures. And you clearly aren't aware that PATH service from WTC was shut down on weekends at that time (you know, the primary mode of public transportation to RBA) which had a very noticeable impact on attendance.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
It's cute that you actually believe any MLS attendance figures. And you clearly aren't aware that PATH service from WTC was shut down on weekends at that time (you know, the primary mode of public transportation to RBA) which had a very noticeable impact on attendance.
NYCFC always outdrew Energy Drinks.With or without PATH. Its quite a pathetic excuse.

And clearly MLS make up these attendance figures and has agenda against Energy Drinks. Clearly.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
NYCFC always outdrew Energy Drinks.With or without PATH. Its quite a pathetic excuse.

And clearly MLS make up these attendance figures and has agenda against Energy Drinks. Clearly.
Nobody gives a shit about your fake phony club funded by mass murderers. Even the garbage hipsters who only started caring about MLS in the mid 2010's stopped giving a shit about you guys. Your supporters group the Third Fail is as fake as your club, you have neo nazis in your supporters section (guess they had to go somewhere given that we kicked the living shit out of them back in 1996 and forced them to flee Giants Stadium with their two inch members tucked between their legs) and you have to steal tifo ideas from the Sons Of Ben. Oh and the biggest phony in human history Michael Rappaport is your celebrity fan.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Nobody gives a shit about your fake phony club funded by mass murderers. Even the garbage hipsters who only started caring about MLS in the mid 2010's stopped giving a shit about you guys. Your supporters group the Third Fail is as fake as your club, you have neo nazis in your supporters section (guess they had to go somewhere given that we kicked the living shit out of them back in 1996 and forced them to flee Giants Stadium with their two inch members tucked between their legs) and you have to steal tifo ideas from the Sons Of Ben. Oh and the biggest phony in human history Michael Rappaport is your celebrity fan.
Red Bull fan calling anything phony is hilarious. If nobody cares about NYCFC then what the hell does that make a team that draws even less?

Also stop trivializing human rights issues by only bringing it up to try to one up fans of teams you hate. It’s absolutely immature and distasteful. Sports ain’t that serious. If you are gonna care, do the research and take part in being the solution. If you won’t then shut up. This ain’t a joke.

I separate the club from the owners. For the record all MLS owners are pretty despicable one way or another.

I am all for bantering but you are being a complete baby.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Red Bull fan calling anything phony is hilarious. If nobody cares about NYCFC then what the hell does that make a team that draws even less?

Also stop trivializing human rights issues by only bringing it up to try to one up fans of teams you hate. It’s absolutely immature and distasteful. Sports ain’t that serious. If you are gonna care, do the research and take part in being the solution. If you won’t then shut up. This ain’t a joke.

I separate the club from the owners. For the record all MLS owners are pretty despicable one way or another.

I am all for bantering but you are being a complete baby.
The entire point of CFG is as a PR offensive on behalf of a sick and evil government so it's absolutely fair game to bring up.

Also you going to keep editing to add even more stupid and banal comments to your post?

Reactions: Bakayoko Ono

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad