MLS 2021, 22

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not sure why the Soccer Gods chose today to smile on the Crew, but... um. Yeah.

I actually had turned off the game after Cincy pulled ahead. A friend who'd also been watching told me I should turn it back on. :whaaa?:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Really pissed now I had to miss the Galaxy game. I figured it was going to be a boring 1-1 draw. Regardless I'm glad Jovelic and Cabral got on the score sheet and seeing them respond well to the goals conceded

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
LAG was incredibly lucky to escape with a draw there. as usual, the defense continues to let them down. when will the organization finally do something about this problem that has been going on for years?

of course they let rodriguez turn into prime vela when he hasn't done shit all season

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Dynamo haven't won in 15 straight games, 4 shy of tying the record winless streak set back in 1999.

Yet... They aren't the worst team in the league!

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Pepi and Ferreira are running over Austin. Don’t know what the record is for goals in a season by a teenager but I’m guessing Pepi is gonna break it.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Dynamo haven't won in 15 straight games, 4 shy of tying the record winless streak set back in 1999.

Yet... They aren't the worst team in the league!
That record is held by the 1999 Metrostars, who would be just about a unanimous choice in any poll for worst team in MLS history.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Shitty first half for LAG and they draw a dynamo team they should've beat at home

Obvious foul in the box on Houston goes uncalled at the end

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Galaxy have completely run out of gas. Can't see them making the playoffs despite being top 3 in the west not too long ago

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Galaxy have completely run out of gas. Can't see them making the playoffs despite being top 3 in the west not too long ago

We're falling apart minute by minute. So incredibly easy to defend against and we have no idea to defend for our selves. We're so incredibly vulnerable in every aspect of the pitch.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
We're falling apart minute by minute. So incredibly easy to defend against and we have no idea to defend for our selves. We're so incredibly vulnerable in every aspect of the pitch.
it's just like watching them under GBS

give up a goal early and then look lifeless the rest of the game. no urgency, no drive, nothing. not sure what got into them the first couple months, but it was fun while it lasted

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Cincinnati fires Jaap Stam. Not sure on the timing, why not just wait out the year. They now need a general manager and head coach. Sadly this is the teams best year in the MLS. For every Seattle/Atlanta there are 5 Cincinnati/Miami expansion teams.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
News came out last week, but Leagues Cup is changing in 2023 to include all MLS and Liga MX clubs and both leagues will take a 1 month break from their leagues to complete it.

Not sure how i feel about it. On one hand probably maybe if its not mid week like CONCACAF Champions League MLS teams will actual care. I imagine it will mostly be dominated by Liga MX teams because there is just more money, deeper teams. I dont blame MLS/Liga MX for doing this as Liga MX teams playing in the US is a huge money maker for both sides.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I'm honestly really excited for it. I see myself paying way more attention to that than random MLS regular season games. It'll be fun to see the month-long tournament model typically used for internationals at the club level and will fit really well into a fairly empty part of the sports calendar.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I just hope that this is accompanied with changes that will allow MLS teams to enhance their squads in terms of depth and top quality. Whether that is another DP slot, more funny money, or just a regular old increase to the salary cap.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Looking forward to the change as well. Want some TFC revenge on Liga MX...Still mourning the 2018 loss in the CL

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I just hope that this is accompanied with changes that will allow MLS teams to enhance their squads in terms of depth and top quality. Whether that is another DP slot, more funny money, or just a regular old increase to the salary cap.

I assume a salary cap increase is a given as i assume its a separate TV rights deal and ofcourse the gate receipts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad