MLS 2016 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Which game will everyone be watching? I am planning on having the RSL vs SEA game on my TV, LA vs DAL on my phone and TFC vs CHI on my laptop.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Playoffs are set:

EAST:
(1) New York Red Bulls
(2) New York City FC
(3) Toronto FC
(4) D.C. United
(5) Montreal Impact
(6) Philadelphia Union

WEST:
(1) FC Dallas
(2) Colorado Rapids
(3) LA Galaxy
(4) Seattle Sounders FC
(5) Sporting Kansas City
(6) Real Salt Lake

Had Mauro Diaz not gotten injured, I think FC Dallas would be an easy favorite out West. Now? It's wide ****ing open. I could realistically see 5 of the 6 teams out West making a run to MLS Cup (RSL is the only one I'd be shocked by, they look ****ing awful). Out East, I think it's the Red Bulls' to lose. I remain unconvinced by both NYCFC and TFC's back lines, though those are the only two teams who should be of any real difficulty to RBNY, IMO. D.C., Montreal and Philly are a clear step below in quality.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I fear Seattle is going to be like the Timbers last year. And I'm also fearing that the Galaxy are going to fall into a similar fate last year. Keane and Gerrard are always injured and the offense has stagnated the past few weeks even with Gio out there.

Sep 19, 2008
United coming in red hot and the supporters love it. Big match against Montreal this Thursday.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Im predicting NYRB vs Seattle at RBA!

By the way, who is your MVP this season? I think it's BWP

IMO it's a toss up between BWP and Villa. I think Villa gets the nod though because I feel that there's probably more than a few out there who feel that BWP isn't even the MVP of his team (Kljestan). I would disagree with that, but I can at least see the argument for it, and in the end, I think that may hurt BWP's chances.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Union backed into the playoffs. Finished with some awful soccer. Let's go you dooping ********

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Low key MVP of the season: Aurellion Collin or however the hell you spell his first name. The Red Bulls have not lost a game that he's started since he was acquired. And he was acquired in ****ing April.

Can't believe we only gave up a 4th rounder aka nothing.

Anyways, go Philly and LA tonight

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I don't care if it's the playoffs, no reason that Feilhaber should still be on the field. Absolutely embarrassing display from him there.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't care if it's the playoffs, no reason that Feilhaber should still be on the field. Absolutely embarrassing display from him there.

Agreed. That was terrible. If that was in the regular season he would be out of the game and suspended for multiple games.

On a side note, did any other sounder fans tear up a little when Valdez scored? Or when the game ended?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
May be biased, but I think NYRB handle them by at least 2 goals on aggregate. I was much more worried about DC.

Same can be said with Impact fans. They always have issues with the high pressing of NYRB for the first 60 minutes and they start playing their game. Preparation won't be the same this time plus push we have counter speed crazy with Mancosu and Oduro.

1 thing's certain, it will be fun.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Same can be said with Impact fans. They always have issues with the high pressing of NYRB for the first 60 minutes and they start playing their game. Preparation won't be the same this time plus push we have counter speed crazy with Mancosu and Oduro.

1 thing's certain, it will be fun.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty to worry about with Montreal, namely Piatti who is by far the best 1v1 player on either team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad