MLFH Rosters and Discussion

AFTeRMaTH*

Ok, so just so you know you can do trades on fantrax now. Mine and Bramptons is going through and people can vote on it if they want. We will keep our whole teams, and have an entry draft each year. Do you guys think 2 rounds is enough? Thats 24 players from each draft and then the rest go into free agency afterwards. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Im all ears.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Ok, so just so you know you can do trades on fantrax now. Mine and Bramptons is going through and people can vote on it if they want. We will keep our whole teams, and have an entry draft each year. Do you guys think 2 rounds is enough? Thats 24 players from each draft and then the rest go into free agency afterwards. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Im all ears.

Question. By keeping whole teams, do we just keep adding bench spots? We currently have 36 roster spots. Would we keep 34 of the 36 (virtually the whole team) setting up a 2 round draft or have 36 and add 2 next year creating 38? Also is the draft NHL style (reverse order of standings)?

Mapes did you and Brampton's trade get canceled?

No? Oh do we need to do it on fantrax? Sorry hadn't realized.

AFTeRMaTH*

reverse order of standings NON SNAKE unless you guys can help me come up with something better

also right now I was thinking we keep all, then have a 2 round draft, then you decide who you want to keep to make it back to 36. Or if you guys want we could add 2 bench spots each draft until we get to 40?

Im asking you guys for suggestions on this.

aqsw

PM
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
reverse order of standings NON SNAKE unless you guys can help me come up with something better

also right now I was thinking we keep all, then have a 2 round draft, then you decide who you want to keep to make it back to 36. Or if you guys want we could add 2 bench spots each draft until we get to 40?

Im asking you guys for suggestions on this.

I'm for limiting the # of keepers. Keeps the pool active.

aqsw

PM
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg

Two is plenty

AFTeRMaTH*

I'm for limiting the # of keepers. Keeps the pool active.

I really like the idea of keeping all of the players. This lets managers hold on to players that are still a few years away. I want ALOT of trading and draft pick trading. I also think if we keep all our players teams can do 3 for 1 trades, etc. If we kept say 30 instead of 36 do you think any of those extra players would be added? Ill think about it and see what other people think but then say we keep 30.

That means the draft would be 6 rounds each year with a combination of that years draftees, FAs, and players not kept.... We'll see what the others think.

But if you guys decide to limit the keepers I dont want to go less than 30.

aqsw

PM
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
If I did a three for one trade , I would have thirty- eight players. How many players am I allowed, and does fantrax allow for the extra players?

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
My teams open for business.

Ryan Miller is the only one I'm openly shopping but all players can be had for the right price

Colton2233

Mar 28, 2008
Sorry guys been gone for last 2 days, took a mental break after the draft lol... If you PM me about trades last fewdays I'll be getting to them today.

Brews are always in win now mode worry about tomorrow when it comes. My draft picks for next year are open for trade. 1st in 2015 I will be asking for alot in return.

AFTeRMaTH*

Another trade :

Detroit gets: Gabriel Landeskog
Halifax gets : Patrick Kane, Nikita Kucherov, and Michael Dal Colle.

Yes I got fleeced but me and mapes both love Landeskog more than life itself so I had to overpay fiercely.

Also all we need is TONKA to post his roster in the MLFH Discussion thread THEN WE CAN ALL USE THAT THREAD FOR EVERYTHING.

AFTeRMaTH*

Landeskog is one of my top 5 favorite players and mapes too. He was taken in the 1st round for godsakes lol. I know I gave up too much but I have enough young guys to make up for it. You offered me Barkov for Kane? Is that not a fleecing? Like I said in the fantrax chat: during the season we will vote on trades. during the offseason I will push them through unless they are really one-sided. please don't object just to object. only if you think it will be EXTREMELY UNFAIR

AFTeRMaTH*

Do you really think it is that bad to veto? I know it's not really "fair" but I wouldn't call it veto worthy.

AFTeRMaTH*

If you really want it vetoed I will put it back up for vote.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Well Kane is probably slightly better than Landeskog

Kane >= Landeskog
Kucherov >>>>>>> nothing
MDC >>>>>> Nothing

AFTeRMaTH*

Yes Kane is slightly better now but is also like 4 yrs older and Landeskog gets like every category. Kucherov doesn't bother me but MDC was kind of tough. Let say two LEafs fans both want Kessel. One won't let him go unless severe overpayment. This is what that was.

AFTeRMaTH*

OK I reversed the trade. I resent it to mapes, if he accepts tomorrow then you guys have two days to veto it. Please only veto if you really think its unfair.

Drag

Jan 16, 2010
Landeskog is one of my top 5 favorite players and mapes too. He was taken in the 1st round for godsakes lol. I know I gave up too much but I have enough young guys to make up for it. You offered me Barkov for Kane? Is that not a fleecing? Like I said in the fantrax chat: during the season we will vote on trades. during the offseason I will push them through unless they are really one-sided. please don't object just to object. only if you think it will be EXTREMELY UNFAIR

Not to drag our talks into this but, I offered barkov for him because you low balled me for barkov.

AFTeRMaTH*

Yeah I didn't mean to drag (lol) our deal into this but I just don't want people to veto just to veto. I'm not saying you or anyone is doing that in this case. I just think its always up to the two managers involved and as long as it doesn't make one team clearly a favorite to win the league then it shouldn't be vetoed. I offered you Strome by the way which isn't that bad. Strome is a stud muffin. Anyways if he accepts again tomorrow morning you guys have two days to veto if you choose and it will be like that for the 30 years we run this league.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Wow that wa something else, are you fine by overpaying like a mad man I guess I won't complain about it.

Btw Kovalchuk is free to pick up ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad