OT: MLB Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Don't worry folks, we're almost at rock bottom before they randomly go on this run that gives us false hope and ultimately crushes us in the end

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
This team sucks. The pitching injuries are what they are. They weren’t gonna win anybting missing the best pitcher in baseball.

but they need an entirely new approach to hitting in the off-season. Top to bottom, they’re lost.

Deleted member 23124

This team sucks. The pitching injuries are what they are. They weren’t gonna win anybting missing the best pitcher in baseball.

but they need an entirely new approach to hitting in the off-season. Top to bottom, they’re lost.
I've been watching MLB for a long time...I've never seen so many players swing at bad pitches in my life!!!!

Deleted member 23124

Wonder what the analytics say when you have 6 straight fastballs and 6 straight whiffs. Book is out on this team, just throw it by them.
Don't forget the oft-thrown slider/curve/anything off the plate in the dirt....they love flailing at those.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Btw USA lost to Japan in the baseball gold medal. Todd Frazier is on the team.

Deleted member 23124

I'm done with this team for the day....two dingers in the first inning by Filthy!!!! Mets get lead off double and can't score. I'm sure there's some paint drying that needs to be watched.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Yeah this season is over for the Mets. You just knew that if they lost the lead in the division, they won’t be getting it back. Hopefully uncle Stevie makes more changes to the front office and coaching staff this off-season. Don’t sign Baez either unless it’s a friendly deal. Throw the bag and let Theo Epstein name his price to come here.

Deleted member 23124

Yeah this season is over for the Mets. You just knew that if they lost the lead in the division, they won’t be getting it back. Hopefully uncle Stevie makes more changes to the front office and coaching staff this off-season. Don’t sign Baez either unless it’s a friendly deal. Throw the bag and let Theo Epstein name his price to come here.
I think there will be significant personnel changes on the field. I would not resign Baez for any reason. As much as I like Nimmo, I just don't feel he's the CFer of the future. Not sold on McCann either (by the way, I wish someone would buy McCann a cup that fits!!!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 23124

So, Mets go into Philly in first place and will probably leave in third place.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
So, Mets go into Philly in first place and will probably leave in third place.
Good, I don't even want them competitive at this point. I want them to completely fall apart. Thats what they deserve with exception of the pitching/bench depth.

Needs to be a wakeup call. Turn over the FO, and change the lineup.

Sick of the egos on the team.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
The nicest and most positive thing I can say about the Mets is that this is happening now and not in the final 2 weeks of the season like 07 and 08.

But holy shit they look toast. I know the starters have faltered of late in terms of length and giving up runs but with this offense, giving up 5 is basically a death sentence and that shouldn't be the case. It's a complete joke with the names they have going to bat.

I just can't see them winning the division anymore. I think best case scenario right now is that they're still 2.5 or so out after they get through the Dodgers/Giants games. After that they have a stretch of 15 straight v. the Marlins and Nationals. But I don't even see how that happens right now.

Deleted member 23124

The nicest and most positive thing I can say about the Mets is that this is happening now and not in the final 2 weeks of the season like 07 and 08.

But holy shit they look toast. I know the starters have faltered of late in terms of length and giving up runs but with this offense, giving up 5 is basically a death sentence and that shouldn't be the case. It's a complete joke with the names they have going to bat.

I just can't see them winning the division anymore. I think best case scenario right now is that they're still 2.5 or so out after they get through the Dodgers/Giants games. After that they have a stretch of 15 straight v. the Marlins and Nationals. But I don't even see how that happens right now.
The malaise can be seen throughout the lineup.....everyone looks hopeless at the plate -- especially Alonso. In the not so recent old days, the best way out of this was to start making contact and let the chips fall where they may...However in this day and age, pitchers have a huge advantage because everyone is trying to hit a grand slam, even if there are no runners on. People (including the booth) have commented on how they can't hit a fastball (which, at one time, everyone could do)....but they actually look worse on anything other than a fastball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad