OT: MLB Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
It'll be over by mid August this time. They won't drag it out.

I guess I'll remain the only living breathing Met fan at least on this board, who thinks we still are winning the division.

Lindor and deGrom will eventually be back. I think we can hang on until the cavalry comes as even with our injury woes, we still are the best and most talented team in this shitty division.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I guess I'll remain the only living breathing Met fan at least on this board, who thinks we still are winning the division.

Lindor and deGrom will eventually be back. I think we can hang on until the cavalry comes as even with our injury woes, we still are the best and most talented team in this shitty division.

They have Philly this weekend and they play the Dodgers/Giants for 13 straight. I think they’ll be dead before those guys come back

I have no faith in this team. They can’t hit. I don’t know why - they have tons of talent - but they’re beyond the “oh they’ll break out of this funk” by now.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
They have Philly this weekend and they play the Dodgers/Giants for 13 straight. I think they’ll be dead before those guys come back

I have no faith in this team. They can’t hit. I don’t know why - they have tons of talent - but they’re beyond the “oh they’ll break out of this funk” by now.

Yeah, I mean the series in Pitt was pretty much the last nail in the coffin.

The batting has been atrocious. Guess the current batting coaches will be fired.

Conforto probably won't be resigned.

Still, they could luck out cause the NL east is so bad.

But does it matter?

This team can't beat any heavies in the post season.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah it's been too long expecting the hitting to "regress upward" to players norms. At this point it seems like this is just going to be one of those years that's an (hopefully) an aberration where the whole team inexplicably underperforms in one area for the entire year.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Gil is like Medina both have serious stuff but need another pitch to be a potential TOR starter but worst case scenario probably an elite arm outta the pen

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Its been horrible. He's also barely pitched in the last few years so I'm wondering if he's also hitting a wall.

Either way, not great!!

I think what we got going on with Walker is a simple market correction. The guy was pitching like a Cy Young candidate until the all star break...he's not that good. He's also not as bad as he's been since the break.

Things will even out and he'll be fine. He better be otherwise maybe some of y'all will unfortunately end up being right and that we are cooked. I refuse to believe that. We win the next two games vs Marlins and we'll be feeling a bit better about ourselves.

First things first....gotta win tonight...the first of quite a few "must games" coming up on the schedule especially the one's with the Phillies coming up beginning Friday night at Citizens Bank.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
That was a helluva slide by Baez...I thought he was dead meat.

Very nice slide, completely sold his left hand until the last second. I love Keith Hernandez explaining the poor form by the catcher allowing the trickery, most PBP and color guys would only focus on their guy’s slickness.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Clutch baseball slides are the most athletically intensive feat known to man.

Prove me wrong.

Absolutely things of beauty

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Saw an insane stat that Mets starters have recorded just four wins the last 47 games.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I don't know how angel Hernandez is still a major league umpire but I'm glad he's behind the plate tonight.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
The Mets' complete inability to hit this year is just baffling. If they produced at just average levels they'd have the division wrapped up. Instead, it's going to be a lost season.

They need go out and get quality hitting coaches. This is epidemic.

They make terrible pitchers look like cy young winners.

Dropping three to the marlins, I don't even know what to say.

At some point, this is on Rojas no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->