OT: MLB Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Yankees have to win this game now.Cant come back from 5 runs in the last inning and not win

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Everyone blamed Callaway last year for the bullpen. So either Rojas is bad at it too or we call a spade a spade and the the bullpen just sucks.

Diaz needs to be moved for something. I'll take anything at this point. Someone will fix him, because it is not happening here. There is no external pressure outside of the game itself. No fans, no booing. It's on him.

Either trade him or demote him. I'd trade him in the next 24 hours if I could. Lots of teams looking for a reliever and I'm sure they'd take the risk on a guy with his stuff.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Everyone blamed Callaway last year for the bullpen. So either Rojas is bad at it too or we call a spade a spade and the the bullpen just sucks.

Diaz needs to be moved for something. I'll take anything at this point. Someone will fix him, because it is not happening here. There is no external pressure outside of the game itself. No fans, no booing. It's on him.

Either trade him or demote him. I'd trade him in the next 24 hours if I could. Lots of teams looking for a reliever and I'm sure they'd take the risk on a guy with his stuff.
Yeah the pen sucks. I have no issue with how Rojas uses it. I didn't even mind him bringing in Diaz here. They're trying to build him back up and he has been pretty good. It was worth it. If the dude can't find the zone and grooves fastballs when he does, what can you do?

I'd give Diaz away. f*** it. I just want him gone. Honestly with retained money Camo might be worth more. He's performing at a high level and 2B is a commodity.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I'd give Diaz away. f*** it. I just want him gone.
I have to imagine that it's hard to manage having a guy like Diaz in the bullpen. What do you even do with a guy who should be unhittable but just isn't?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Enormous misfire with him. At least Cano is showing he can still play. Diaz should be shot to the f***ing moon.

the trade was asinine. A 18 year old Kelenic and other prospects for a 38 year old dinosaur coming off a steroid suspension and a closer in a league in which you can’t trust any of them to last.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
the trade was asinine. A 18 year old Kelenic and other prospects for a 38 year old dinosaur coming off a steroid suspension and a closer in a league in which you can’t trust any of them to last.

Don't really care about Cano anymore, he's performing. You know it's going to be bad sometime next year or the year after. Bite the bullet. They have the DH, so he's not blocking any playing time. He starts sucking, hopefully Cohen just buys him out at that point. Dude is loaded so it shouldn't hurt as bad as the Wilpons doing it.

Just send Diaz somewhere for something. Even if it is a decent prospect or another young piece that needs a new home. Next 24 hours would be ideal. Would not wait until the offseason.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Aaron "my entire bullpen is unavailable today" Boone.

Then we'll all be stunned when Chapman pitches a week from Friday and he's bad.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Post-game Boone: "Hicks is fine, but we'll double check tomorrow"

Tomorrow Boone: "Hicks needs to be taken out back and put down. Nothing we can do."

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Post-game Boone: "Hicks is fine, but we'll double check tomorrow"

Tomorrow Boone: "Hicks needs to be taken out back and put down. Nothing we can do."
Lol same as Girardi.

"Ah well, yanno, he died, so we decided to shut it down and we'll give it another look tomorrow."

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Sanchez and Wade have hr's in the same game...and i just saw a pig fly by my window..some end of the world shit going on

Reactions: LeetchisGod

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Mets need to sell off. Do not buy in this kind of a season. See if anyone wants Ramos, he's a free agent with a team option. Catcher is so thin that he'd get something back.

Hughes and Wilson too. Bullpen arms that teams can use. We can find out about some of these other guys. See if anyone wants Wacha or Porcello, take what you can get. Throw deGrom, Petersen, Gsellman, Lugo, and Kilome. There are some other guys at the alternate site too. Szapucki is an option, Kevin Smith is too if a 40 man spot opens.

BVW better hold off the Wilpons wanting to make trades to win. Hopefully he is thinking if he gets futures that Cohen will keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad