OT: MLB Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Well they had Petersen out there but now he's on the IL. They should give Kilome another look, for sure. Other than that I guess it's really just Szapucki at this point, as I wouldn't think they'd go to someone like Allan already. I guess Jurado is still sort of a prospect but he generally sucks.

Agreed. Szapucki intrigues me and Kilome is worth a look in the rotation. Lugo would fit nicely but then would affect less games.

Allan and Ginn are our only real serious front of the rotation starting pitching prospects and they are both 2 years away at least.

The Stroman trade hurt our depth. BVW should have moved Wheeler and not moved prospects for Marcus.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Agreed. Szapucki intrigues me and Kilome is worth a look in the rotation. Lugo would fit nicely but then would affect less games.

Allan and Ginn are our only real serious front of the rotation starting pitching prospects and they are both 2 years away at least.

The Stroman trade hurt our depth. BVW should have moved Wheeler and not moved prospects for Marcus.
I also completely forgot about Kevin Smith. I actually really like Smith. I remember when the Stroman trade went down I said losing Kay wasn't that big of a deal because I thought Smith would produce at the same level in the majors.

Not having a MiLB season has made me forget about a lot of guys, LOL.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
:laugh::laugh:
Bro, Thom Brennan said, "Homophobic Slur capital of the world" on a hot mic and then apologized on air before signing off

what the f***

By apology you mean the rant where he said I’m a man of faith, paused, called a home run and then went back and said he didn’t know if this would be his last time working for the reds.

Reactions: Bob Richards

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Also, f***ing Ramos can't be in the lineup anymore. He can't hit worth shit and his bad defense is even worse than normal. That ball that got past him was straight down the f***ing middle and for some reason he stood up and tried to backhand it. If he dropped to smother it that as easy as a block as you have.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
:laugh::laugh:

By apology you mean the rant where he said I’m a man of faith, paused, called a home run and then went back and said he didn’t know if this would be his last time working for the reds.
Christ I gotta go find this on Twitter. I always thought Brenneman was really good. Sad to know he's a piece of shit.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Pinch hits Tauchman for Frazier, then pinch hits Andujar for Tauchman, and then leaving Estrada to hit with no one left on the bench, well done.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Mets have played 26 games. The teams directly ahead of them have played 13, 19, 21, and 18 games. That shit better even out before the season is done.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Rays own the Yanks this year.

Hard to beat good teams with three of your best players out.

Also, can the Yankees please absolve themselves of Sanchez by the end of the year? His defense sucks, his offense sucks, and I don't like the way he carries himself. How much sustained sucking must there be for the Yankees to come to the realization that his rookie season was an anomaly

Reactions: NCRanger

Rangers394

Aug 5, 2020
For those looking for it the clips are in here.

Thom Brennaman apologizes, leaves broadcast after using gay slur
Thom Brennaman apologizes, leaves broadcast after using gay slur
Embarassing. How hard is it to be a decent person and not say dumb shit like this? Hope he never gets on the air ever again.

also, sick of seeing the Yankees lose to Tampa Bay. I know guys are injured but it just feels like Tampa has their number this year and hopefully the Yankees can get healthy fast. This injury shit every year is getting ridiculous

Reactions: AlexisLafreNYR

Rangers394

Aug 5, 2020
Hard to beat good teams with three of your best players out.

Also, can the Yankees please absolve themselves of Sanchez by the end of the year? His defense sucks, his offense sucks, and I don't like the way he carries himself. How much sustained sucking must there be for the Yankees to come to the realization that his rookie season was an anomaly
Sanchez definitely rubs me the wrong way too. Just looks very arrogant and when he finally does hit a homerun after going 0-10000000000, he acts like he's the best thing going. In a lineup full of HR hitters, you really don't need a catcher like that. Realmuto or Grandal would have been perfect on this team and if these big right handed bats go dead in the postseason again, fire every f***ing person in the front office and start over. I can definitely see this team losing to solid pitching in the postseason again because they can't do shit with bases loaded

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's nice to have depth with all the injuries we have but I think our tendency to platoon/spell/rest the entire god damn roster is why so many guys get hurt to begin with.

Reactions: Rangers394
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad