OT: MLB Thread Part XX: Title incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Honestly, the Mets trade is so laughably bad that they couldn’t even get free soda for the club house Major League style. The three GMigos system is clearly working well.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I really do not care if people agree or not there’s right or wrong.

Right: Tate was around the Yankees 10 prospect on a consensus basis who is not seen as an elite prospect around the league

Wrong: it’s an amazing return for the Orioles that has

Right: it’s a better return than the Mets got for Familia however it’s a comparable package to every rental RP trade since the 2016 deadline other than Chapman

Wrong: Non-elite rental relievers get significant pieces back in return

The funny thing is while I don’t think Britton is an elite reliever anymore (he’s still above average) I’m basically arguing that the Yankees made a good trade...and people don’t like it. Guess you would all have preferred to give up even more? For example I’d FAR prefer to make a trade like the Yankees just did every time they’re in contention and need a reliever than make the deal the Indians made for Hand.

Tate must really have been such a great prospect that I can not remember even one person ever suggesting he be one of the pieces in a Syndergaard or DeGrom offer.

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
My whole point is the Mets should have waited and a lot of people and baseball reporters feel the same way. The market this year is different than years past. It is a head scratching move when you know there are teams looking for a reliable setup man and closer help aka the Astros, Red Sox, and Dodgers to name a few. Not everyone was going to be able to get Britton who was clearly the top target. Now all those teams have to look elsewhere. They were all seriously discussing Britton so their focus could be shifting to Familia right now except he isnt their anymore. The SP market is weak and that is why the Yankees did what they did. Its senseless for the Mets to make the deal when they did, that is all there is to it. We can argue this until we are blue in the face, but it was horrible asset management by them. Not trying to shit on them. I would say the same thing if it was any other team but its not because its the Mets

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Took way too long, but glad to see McNeil finally got called up. It was nice to see him get his first hit last night too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad