OT: MLB Thread Part XX: Title incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I like Tate, but hes 24 and has poor K/BB rate in his career. He's already 24 and hasn't been close to a major league call up.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Be a wise ass all you want but HERE YA GO:

#6 prospect by exactly who? He's #9 by MLB.com, #12 on FG, #10 by minorleague baseball and seems to be considered a likely reliever.

He's not a top prospect at all. It's a marginally better return than the Mets got but extremely comparable.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Tate is on the cusp of majors. He's pitched well this year in AA and we should see him in majors some time next season. He'll never be the star he was projected to be but I can see carving out a nice MLB career.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Hey you know more than Heyman...

SA16 for the win...hand him a GM job

Yea I know more that's what I said. I'm just like PB and make my own infallible prospect rankings?

Or I looked up Yankees prospect rankings and don't see him anywhere ranked number 6. He's on average around 10, considered an extreme bust risk, has never been that great in the minors, and is old for the level he's currently in.

And if ONE source does have him at 6 then congrats and that shows why you don't use one source for your rankings and it's better to take an aggregate. You can find one source to say whatever you want.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yea I know more that's what I said. I'm just like PB and make my own infallible prospect rankings?

Or I looked up Yankees prospect rankings and don't see him anywhere ranked number 6. He's on average around 10, considered an extreme bust risk, has never been that great in the minors, and is old for the level he's currently in.

Agree. 6 is highly optimistic in what is a very good system.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I like Tate, but hes 24 and has poor K/BB rate in his career. He's already 24 and hasn't been close to a major league call up.

This year he's striking out career high 8+ per 9 while having the 2nd lowest BB ratio of his career.

Reactions: RGY

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
There's no way in hell Tate is top 10 in this system. IMO not even close.

Rule 5 guys for Britton seem fine, but why not just recall Kahnle at some point? Likely to get similar results from him and Britton moving forward.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
This year he's striking out career high 8+ per 9 while having the 2nd lowest BB ratio of his career.

And yet both numbers are roughly MLB average (don't know what AA average is or if it's possible to find but I expect it's similar). It's not like he's putting up huge numbers.

Rule 5 guys for Britton seem fine, but why not just recall Kahnle at some point? Likely to get similar results from him and Britton moving forward.

Oh I completely forgot about Kahnle that's a good point. He should put up just about similar results and any difference over the amount of time left is basically negligible. Unless they just wanted a guy to get lefties out.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Why not add Kahnle back in anyway when Cole comes back down to earth. Or even if he doesnt. Or when we go to a 4 man rotation in the playoffs

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Why not add Kahnle back in anyway when Cole comes back down to earth. Or even if he doesnt. Or when we go to a 4 man rotation in the playoffs
Holder, Warren, Cole, Kahnle, Green, Robertson, Betances, Chapman and Britton.

It just seems redundant since they have a strong 8 man unit already.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Baseball America had Tate at #6 for midseason grades.

But like who are they?....

:sarcasm:

Sheffield, Florial, Acevedo, Abreu, Adams, Loasiga and Sauer I'd take over Tate. Seigler too. That's 8 and a guy like Pereira is tough to rank.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Ok so there you go. One source has him at 6. One has him at 9. One has him at 10. One has him at 12. I don't know why you would possibly go solely by one data point instead of looking at them all.

Same for the scouts comment. I'm sure there are other scouts that think he can be a 2. There are probably other who think he will only be a reliever. And there are probably others who think he won't be a MLB player in any way. There's hundreds of scouts in baseball I'm not really sure what the relevance of one particular scout's opinion is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad