OT: MLB Thread Part XX: Title incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Ok so there you go. One source has him at 6. One has him at 9. One has him at 10. One has him at 12. I don't know why you would possibly go solely by one data point instead of looking at them all.

Same for the scouts comment. I'm sure there are other scouts that think he can be a 2. There are probably other who think he will only be a reliever. And there are probably others who think he won't be a MLB player in any way. There's hundreds of scouts in baseball I'm not really sure what the relevance of one particular scout's opinion is.
Well I agree with these points. Dont think this is wrong.

Yankees were willing to pay all of the remaining salary and that seemed to also be a factor favoring them against BOS and HOU.

I still think Mets couldve made the same trade of Familia today and that they shouldve waited. That is all. Not saying they wouldve done a ton better...but until today there was no clear front runner for Britton. Now all those teams who were in the thick of it will be shifting gears, especially Houston who desperately needs bullpen help

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Holder, Warren, Cole, Kahnle, Green, Robertson, Betances, Chapman and Britton.

It just seems redundant since they have a strong 8 man unit already.
Because I still prefer to go with your best and I think Kahnle is better than Cole and Warren.

Also GOOD BYE SHREVE after this deal...thank the lord

Reactions: All Might

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Houston has 2nd lowest bullpen ERA IIRC, they just look bad bcuz their closer is mentally fragile and punches himself.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Astros bullpen has the 2nd best ERA in the league, 2nd best k% in the league, and best bb% in the league.

There's been this thing going around for two years now that their bullpen isn't good. It's elite.

McHugh has been one of the best RP in the entire league, Rondon has been great, Sipp has been great and has absolutely dominated lefties, Peacock great, Devenski really good, Smith hasn't been too good but he has a history of being a pretty good reliever. Harris has been bad but it's mostly lefties crushing him he's been real good vs righties and he's another guy who is historically very good, and Giles is really good no clue what his deal is.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Because I still prefer to go with your best and I think Kahnle is better than Cole and Warren.

Also GOOD BYE SHREVE after this deal...thank the lord
Shreve seems like a Boone glue guy. No idea how Kahnle isn't up yet.

Reactions: RGY

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Astros bullpen has the 2nd best ERA in the league, 2nd best k% in the league, and best bb% in the league.

There's been this thing going around for two years now that their bullpen isn't good. It's elite.

McHugh has been one of the best RP in the entire league, Rondon has been great, Sipp has been great and has absolutely dominated lefties, Peacock great, Devenski really good, Smith hasn't been too good but he has a history of being a pretty good reliever. Harris has been bad but it's mostly lefties crushing him he's been real good vs righties and he's another guy who is historically very good, and Giles is really good no clue what his deal is.

Yup. They just have a closer prone to meltdowns on the big stage.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Huh? Reading comprehension problem? No. My point was the Mets handled it wrong and did not need to rush to deal him. That same deal was going to be there today, tomorrow, and thursday, next weekend.
So now you're saying it's when they made the deal not the players? Just want to be sure what you mean this time.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
It seems like Kahnle is still throwing 94-95 in AAA, that won't play with his below average secondary stuff, have no problem given him a chance come roster expansion on Sept.1, but he needs to earn it.

Think it was a fair trade for both sides, I'm a big strikeout guy, so think the loss will be Carroll, but with the 40 man roster crunch, think it was worth it. The Yanks did a nice job getting Tate back to being a respectable prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad