OT: MLB Thread - Part XV: Judge Swings With A Vortex Power Bat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yankees are copying KC again. Kahnle, Robertson, Betances and Chapman. Starters only need to go 5. It was a model that worked well for the Royals.

Honestly, less than 5 since both Warren and Green can go multiple innings.

The question is whether or not the game will still be in reach by the time those guys get into a game.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Honestly, less than 5 since both Warren and Green can go multiple innings.

The question is whether or not the game will still be in reach by the time those guys get into a game.

Tanaka and Severino need to be consistently good the rest of the year for them to have any chance at the playoffs. Those two need to keep them in games and put up big performances every so often.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think Tanaka needs to be lights out come postseason if Yankees were to have a chance. Would love Sonny Gray.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Yankees might be thinking of giving Chad Green a shot at a rotation spot. I do agree Adams should get a shot at some point.

He deserves a chance and may be best option.

I think the plan is to see what the trade market looks like over the next two weeks. Mateo is their most expendable prospect.

If they dont see what they like then they bring Adams up. They dont want to adjust the 40 man roster to add Adams and worry about wasting options (although i dont know the exact status of this for him)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Green has been this teams best reliever.

Moving him into the rotation would be dumb. How about keeping him in a role where hes excelled?

They don't need a 5th starter, they need a #2. Thats not going to happen this year unless they get very creative or very stupid, possibly both.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Good trade for both sides.

You don't write off a season because of a July slump. The Yankees should aim for the postseason. This is how they've always done business and it's won them title after title.

They are a good bullpen away from being 15-20 games over. Just because they're young, doesn't mean you say this is not the year to contend.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Severino has pitched like a 1 mostly.

And Tanaka has pitched like a 1-2 over the last 4 starts.

They can look to bring in a guy who can slot as a 2-3 tweener and go to war. Is that guy out there? Who knows. Who knows if the price will be to their liking either.

But this team is much better than it was yesterday.

Yankees DFA Choi and Refsnyder to make room.

Shreve being optioned to AAA i dont understand though

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

They can look to bring in a guy who can slot as a 2-3 tweener and go to war. Is that guy out there? Who knows. Who knows if the price will be to their liking either.

I don't either, but their bullpen is massively improved now.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Oh absolutely but who is our Lefty on Lefty matchup now? Shreve has been much better this year. I am surprised by this. But also would guess he will be back soon as the roster evens itself in the next couple weeks through the deadline.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Oh absolutely but who is our Lefty on Lefty matchup now? Shreve has been much better this year. I am surprised by this. But also would guess he will be back soon as the roster evens itself in the next couple weeks through the deadline.

That's what I'm not sure of either.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Frazier is far from "solid." Sure, he's an upgrade, but he's nothing more than a rich man's Chris Carter. He's also not going to be resigned at the end of this season in all likelihood.

As good as Robertson and Kahnle (though this is his first real good season) are, they're just relievers.

IF you're going to move Rutherford, AT LEAST trade him for a pitcher.

Frazier actually projects worse offensively than Carter for the rest of the year by both Steamer and ZiPS. Better fielder though but if he's replacing Headley and playing third that's irrelevant because he's a downgrade there defensively.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

4 of his last 5 and he got lit up by the only legitimate offense he faced over those starts.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Frazier actually projects worse offensively than Carter for the rest of the year by both Steamer and ZiPS. Better fielder though but if he's replacing Headley and playing third that's irrelevant because he's a downgrade there defensively.

Frazier has an OPS close to .900 over the last several weeks. He has 12 HRs since June something. I would say he is trending in the other direction.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

jsqi6Q7.jpg

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So will the Mets be moving people within the next week or so? Gotta figure they'll try to get some assets with the season probably not going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad