OT: MLB Thread - Part XV: Judge Swings With A Vortex Power Bat

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Hell, I talked to my uncle today, and he was willing to do Clint Frazier for Sonny Gray straight up :laugh::laugh:

I wonder if his spirit landed in the Yankees front office, and had them do this move.

Gray is good, but I'm not moving Torres or Frazier right now (if at all).

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Cashman with the absolute robbery. Gave up a prospect who won't see the Majors for 3 years and Tyler Clippard who has to be one of the worst pitchers in the league this season for 3 solid guys that make the Yankees a lot better.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Cashman with the absolute robbery. Gave up a prospect who won't see the Majors for 3 years and Tyler Clippard who has to be one of the worst pitchers in the league this season for 3 solid guys that make the Yankees a lot better.

I mean they might not win it this year, but even making the playoffs for this young team would be a real coup.. Also, Robertson and Kahlne are signed through next year.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

Frazier is far from "solid." Sure, he's an upgrade, but he's nothing more than a rich man's Chris Carter. He's also not going to be resigned at the end of this season in all likelihood.

As good as Robertson and Kahnle (though this is his first real good season) are, they're just relievers.

IF you're going to move Rutherford, AT LEAST trade him for a pitcher.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Frazier is far from "solid." Sure, he's an upgrade, but he's nothing more than a rich man's Chris Carter. He's also not going to be resigned at the end of this season in all likelihood.

As good as Robertson and Kahnle (though this is his first real good season) are, they're just relievers.

Reports are Cashman offered Rutherford in both deals for Gray as well as Quintana, Yankees were in it til the end with Quintana but the Cubs offer of Jiminez beat out offer of Rutheford, Mateo +. Cashman tried to trade him for a SP.

Here's the thing, did we sell low (as in only getting relievers back) or did we sell high?.. What if Blake goes another season with only single digit homerun totals. (2 in 71 games this year), his value would drop significantly, you can only hit so many singles lol..

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014

Rutherford would not crack this lineup for maybe 3-5 years. Yankees are loaded at that position, he's very replaceable.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
So in the last year or so..

Yankees trade
Andrew Miller
Aroldis Chapman
Carlos Beltran
Brian Mccann
Adam Warren
Blake Rutherford, Tito Polo, Tyler Clippard, Ian Clarkin

Yankees receive
Clint Frazier, Justus Sheffield, J.P. Feyersien, Ben Heller
Gleyber Torres, Billy McKinney, Adam Warren (got back) Rashad Crawford
Dillon Tate
Jorge Guzman, Albert Abreu
Starlin Castro
David Robertson, Tommy Kahlne, Todd Frazier

and signed Chapman back..

not even counting the prior years of Didi for Shane Greene and JR Murphy for Hicks.

Is that good?

Last edited:

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
That's what scares me.

nothing they're done, they're not moving their top prospects who are close to the majors (which is why Blake was traded) and outside of SP, they have no real need now.

could see a back end 4/5 starter maybe if they don't want to bring up Adams.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Rutherford would not crack this lineup for maybe 3-5 years. Yankees are loaded at that position, he's very replaceable.

True.

Or Rutherford can become a 30-30 or 20-40 star. He has a very good and advanced hit tool. Right now he's more of a line drive hitter but if he fills out his frame he could be good for 20-30 HRs per season. He has the range to stick in CF. The only knock on him is his below average arm.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Florial:"Legit 5-tool player. Has chance to be SPECIAL. Needs experience and NY needs patience. Can be a 30-30 player. Superstar potential." Scout @ futures game

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Did I just read Todd Frazier is a "rich man's Chris Carter"...

Do you people watch baseball outside of the Yankees? My god that is an embarrassing comment.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Florial:"Legit 5-tool player. Has chance to be SPECIAL. Needs experience and NY needs patience. Can be a 30-30 player. Superstar potential." Scout @ futures game

People just dont understand or get it. They are so prospect hungry that they want to have any many as possible even if there isnt a spot for them moving forward. They still have Florial who I have been more impressed with.

They received two top ene RPs that are signed through next year when they can really make a run.

And who is to say Rutherford wouldve been the only piece needed to get it done for a guy like Gray or Cole? Cashman made a move that basically filled 3 holes with one prospect. Clarkin hasnt been able to get it together and Polo is boom or bust while also being undersized (please spare me the Altuve is a star in this league argument)

They have 13 days to figure out the 5th starter situation. They can absolutely take this division from Boston and not have to worry about the WC play-in game

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Did I just read Todd Frazier is a "rich man's Chris Carter"...

Do you people watch baseball outside of the Yankees? My god that is an embarrassing comment.

Tbh, as a person who doesn't get to watch much baseball outside of the Yankees, I looked at Todd Frazier's stats and thought, "Huh, seems like a better version of Chris Carter" :laugh:

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
People just dont understand or get it. They are so prospect hungry that they want to have any many as possible even if there isnt a spot for them moving forward. They still have Florial who I have been more impressed with.

They received two top ene RPs that are signed through next year when they can really make a run.

And who is to say Rutherford wouldve been the only piece needed to get it done for a guy like Gray or Cole? Cashman made a move that basically filled 3 holes with one prospect. Clarkin hasnt been able to get it together and Polo is boom or bust while also being undersized (please spare me the Altuve is a star in this league argument)

They have 13 days to figure out the 5th starter situation. They can absolutely take this division from Boston and not have to worry about the WC play-in game

Cashman tried using Rutherford as main piece for Gray/Quintana. As and Sox insisted on Torres or Frazier. I think Blake's lack of power (his knock in the draft too) prevented him from getting a young SP

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
I absolutely hate dealing top prospects but am on board with this one. Florial's emergence this year at the same level made it possible. Robertson and Kahnle have a lot of value going forward whether they stay or are dealt.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Tbh, as a person who doesn't get to watch much baseball outside of the Yankees, I looked at Todd Frazier's stats and thought, "Huh, seems like a better version of Chris Carter" :laugh:

He does have an .860 OPS in his last 45 games so at least theres that..

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If the only significant prospect we lost is Rutherford, this is not a bad trade....at all. The kid is to many years away from the majors to even be a blip on the radar at this point meaning they have a few drafts between now and his debut as a regular to replace him.

Not hating this deal at all.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
If the only significant prospect we lost is Rutherford, this is not a bad trade....at all. The kid is to many years away from the majors to even be a blip on the radar at this point meaning they have a few drafts between now and his debut as a regular to replace him.

Not hating this deal at all.
Clarkin is a good prospect but cant stay healthy and prob now our 8th best SP prospect or so, Polo is a 4th OF type in mlb and clippard.. well..

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
By the way even with Blake trade, Yankees still have 7 top 100 prospects and Florial next update likely makes 8

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yankees are copying KC again. Kahnle, Robertson, Betances and Chapman. Starters only need to go 5. It was a model that worked well for the Royals.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Cashman tried using Rutherford as main piece for Gray/Quintana. As and Sox insisted on Torres or Frazier. I think Blake's lack of power (his knock in the draft too) prevented him from getting a young SP

Rutherford has projectable power. Needs to fill out and he can turn into 20-30 HR guy.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
So in the last year or so..

Yankees trade
Andrew Miller
Aroldis Chapman
Carlos Beltran
Brian Mccann
Adam Warren
Blake Rutherford, Tito Polo, Tyler Clippard, Ian Clarkin

Yankees receive
Clint Frazier, Justus Sheffield, J.P. Feyersien, Ben Heller
Gleyber Torres, Billy McKinney, Adam Warren (got back) Rashad Crawford
Dillon Tate
Jorge Guzman, Albert Abreu
Starlin Castro
David Robertson, Tommy Kahlne, Todd Frazier

and signed Chapman back..

not even counting the prior years of Didi for Shane Greene and JR Murphy for Hicks.

Is that good?

Absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad