Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Sweeny Murti‏
Verified account
....@YankeesWFAN 2h
2 hours ago

More
On the 6-game homestand Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez combined to hit .420 (21-for-50) with 7 HR, 18 Runs and 19 RBI. #Yankees

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I complain about everything just falling from the sky for the Penguins, so I'd be remiss to not acknowledge that the Yankees haven't had a losing season since 1995, and somehow end up with Judge, Sanchez, Severino, Bird, Betances, Matteo, Torres, Frasier, and Adams in the system, with Gregorius and Hicks magically turning into great players after acquiring them.

Pretty cool to be on the other side.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How about we all get along and not have team vs. team arguments? There have been very little Yankee vs. Mets conflicts since we've had this thread.

I'm not sure a 50 game sample size is the best way to judge who's the better player, more about who's having a better season. I'm pretty sure most would've said Conforto before the season, and its not like he's having a bad season. He's been a top 15-20 player in the majors this season. But Judge has been great, as well. He's done even better than Conforto so far this season, and maybe he continues playing at this MVP level. Whoever is the answer, its not like the other player is a slouch.

Why do we need to compare these players? I'm not sure much good will come from it for the productivity of this thread.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It's going to happen naturally. :nod:

Rosario vs. Torres - better prospect?

Harvey vs. Tanaka - who sucks more?

Ellsbury vs. Wright - worse contract?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I complain about everything just falling from the sky for the Penguins, so I'd be remiss to not acknowledge that the Yankees haven't had a losing season since 1995, and somehow end up with Judge, Sanchez, Severino, Bird, Betances, Matteo, Torres, Frasier, and Adams in the system, with Gregorius and Hicks magically turning into great players after acquiring them.

The beauty of baseball is that you don't need to bottom out to draft good players. Baseball is littered with great players drafted in rounds 2-10. Albert Pujols, one of the greatest players of our generatio, was a 13th round draft pick.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wright's contract is one I couldn't say was a bad contract. Its not a salary cap league either, so it doesn't matter. You don't let the face of your franchise and one of your best players ever leave, especially the year after losing the other face of your franchise due to money. You just can't do that, and Wright was more of a fan favorite than Reyes. Its kind of like the Hank contract. Its bad now, but you can't really fault the team for giving it to him at the time.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
How about we all get along and not have team vs. team arguments? There have been very little Yankee vs. Mets conflicts since we've had this thread.

I'm not sure a 50 game sample size is the best way to judge who's the better player, more about who's having a better season. I'm pretty sure most would've said Conforto before the season, and its not like he's having a bad season. He's been a top 15-20 player in the majors this season. But Judge has been great, as well. He's done even better than Conforto so far this season, and maybe he continues playing at this MVP level. Whoever is the answer, its not like the other player is a slouch.

Why do we need to compare these players? I'm not sure much good will come from it for the productivity of this thread.

Oh, it was pure sarcasm on my part. I agree that we really don't need to fight, and both are great.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Beck will go top-10 imo. Would love Peterson or Faedo for the Yankees. I think Faedo slides a bit.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS

Judge, Sanchez, Severino are so beautiful.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

You're not kidding. I feel like the Yankees and Giants are my reward for all the Ranger heartbreak.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It's going to happen naturally. :nod:

Rosario vs. Torres - better prospect?

Harvey vs. Tanaka - who sucks more?

Ellsbury vs. Wright - worse contract?

Torres. I believe in his bat more at the ML level.

Tanaka. I think both will be better going forward, but Tanaka has been dreadful. I also don't see either staying healthy for very long (In Tanaka's case, he may already be pitching hurt.)

Ellsbury. Wright deserved his money, Ellsbury really only had one good year.

darko said:
Beck will go top-10 imo. Would love Peterson or Faedo for the Yankees. I think Faedo slides a bit.

Unfortunately I agree with your first point. Beck is my favorite player in this draft but short of demanding crazy, crazy money just so that he can pick his spot, he won't make it to 16.

Peterson is my guy, Faedo would be great too. I just hope they stay away from prep arms. If they do that, it'll be hard for them to pick someone I don't like, lots of good options should be available at 16.

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
We'll see how Judge is when he hits a down this season. Can't keep up a pace like this. Happened to Conforto last season and he never got out of it. It's really his first time around the league. They'll find a hole and exploit it until he corrects it.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Wright's contract is one I couldn't say was a bad contract. Its not a salary cap league either, so it doesn't matter. You don't let the face of your franchise and one of your best players ever leave, especially the year after losing the other face of your franchise due to money. You just can't do that, and Wright was more of a fan favorite than Reyes. Its kind of like the Hank contract. Its bad now, but you can't really fault the team for giving it to him at the time.

I would say it was a good contract signed at the time even. He was well on his way to becoming a HOFer.

It's just that it's horrendous now because he'll never be healthy. There isn't a salary cap in place, but his contract hurts the Mets financially considering their owners.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad