OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Yeah that's a problem for sure. Lobaton used to be considered one of the top pitch-framers in the game and pretty damn good defensively. Now he's producing a negative dWAR, which is hugely problematic since he's swinging a wiffle ball bat out there. I suggested Soto and Ruiz the other day, though it doesn't seem the Mets are particularly interested. Seems like they're okay riding Lobaton and Nido until Plawecki comes back (and Plawecki probably sucks, too).

Nido doesn't look ready. Lobaton is showing why he signed a minor league contract. I actually have more faith in Plawecki putting it together more than TDA. But right now its only spot in the lineup that's not MLB worthy.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I also would like to add that Todd Frazier was a terrific acquisition. On top of playing well (I think he'll regress, but still), he seems like one of the chillest dudes we've had on the team in a long time. He appears to be everyone's best friend, which is great.

I would love to have Todd as a friend.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I also would like to add that Todd Frazier was a terrific acquisition. On top of playing well (I think he'll regress, but still), he seems like one of the chillest dudes we've had on the team in a long time. He appears to be everyone's best friend, which is great.
Still baffled at how the contract he got for the Mets was too much for the Yankees.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Still baffled at how the contract he got for the Mets was too much for the Yankees.
Yeah when we got him, I was like, really? For that? He's a solid player and perfect teammate. Even last night, Conforto was interviewed, and he says, "Well that's like Todd Frazier says, we play nine innings for a reason." There are guys that have been on the Mets for a while and some real veterans, too. And yet it's already, "Well that's what Frazier says!"

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Todd Frazier is awesome. I think we just didn't want to commit to multiple years with Andujar pushing, but I'm sure glad he stayed in New York. Gonna give him a huge cheer when I catch the derby at Citi Field.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Todd Frazier is awesome. I think we just didn't want to commit to multiple years with Andujar pushing, but I'm sure glad he stayed in New York. Gonna give him a huge cheer when I catch the derby at Citi Field.
But it was only a 2 year contract he received.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Michael Kay as Betances comes in: "call to the bullpen brought to you by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center"

Most accurate ad ever.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Yankees look better. Somehow. Though it's clear CC is just about done; he's running on fumes. Good inning by Betances. Absolute moonshot by Judge. Now you gotta hope the bullpen can close it out. Unfortunate how many guys LOB though.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Remember how bananas 2013 Harvey was. Hell even 2015 Harvey.

It is actually depressing how done those days are.
It is sad.

I've been saying it since last season, he's a power pitcher that no longer has good stuff who doesn't know how to actually pitch. Unless it warms up and he magically gains 3-4 MPH, he's essentially done, IMO. We need Vargas to make it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad