OT: MLB Thread - Part XIX: Yankees Hire Boone. Joe Buck Still Unenthused

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Oh would you look at that Austin pulled off yet another pitch with his shoulder flying open. A completely selfish hitter who isnt established in this league. This lineup is a disaster right now.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
But it's an inherent downgrade from Girardi in terms of experience. We knew that. We were told the philosophy is different.

Where is it different? Letting Tanaka give up a basketball score is vintage Girardi.

It was an inherent downgrade with Torre to Girardi in regards to experience. Tanaka pitching like crap is the same under any manager.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Stanton is KILLING this team right now.

You would think Boone would do some managing and maybe move him down in the lineup and/or sit him for a game, but that would just be too much to ask. Instead he leaves him in the 3 spot to kill rally after rally.
Stanton isn't what this team needed. The team has plenty of power and strikeouts already.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
That shit from Judge pisses me off so much. He takes two fastballs right down the middle. Doesn't even try and swing. And then he strikes out on a pitch in the dirt. This is part of the reason he has so many strikeouts. He takes so many meatballs, it's really quite ridiculous. And with Stanton hitting like trash behind him, he goes with the mindset of being patient rather than forcing the issue.

This game has just been abysmal. Just awful all around.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Stanton isn't what this team needed. The team has plenty of power and strikeouts already.
Stanton will be fine just like so many marquee names before him were when they struggled in the beginning. He is an established hitter. Cant be judged right now. But keeping him in the 3 spot is certainly not the answer right now.

LeetchisGod

May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Stanton will be fine just like so many marquee names before him were when they struggled in the beginning. He is an established hitter. Cant be judged right now. But keeping him in the 3 spot is certainly not the answer right now.
Stanton had a career year last season. His other seasons weren't close to that level.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
That **** from Judge pisses me off so much. He takes two fastballs right down the middle. Doesn't even try and swing. And then he strikes out on a pitch in the dirt. This is part of the reason he has so many strikeouts. He takes so many meatballs, it's really quite ridiculous. And with Stanton hitting like trash behind him, he goes with the mindset of being patient rather than forcing the issue.

This game has just been abysmal. Just awful all around.
What in the world are you bitching about???? He has an OBP that is almost .500. That is unheard of. He is walking a helluva lot more and striking out a helluva lot less. Maybe if we could turn back time to last season this post would be somewhat relevant although the guy still hit 52 HR winning the AL ROY while being hurt for the second half. He is getting on base a lot, working counts, seeing a lot of pitches, driving pitch counts up...he is doing everything right...and when Stanton gets going, Judge seeing all those pitches is only going to benefit Stanton more.

Talk about a completely out of this world, way off base and misguided post...

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Stanton had a career year last season. His other seasons weren't close to that level.
Well this is just...umm...wrong. He may not have hit 59 HR in years prior, but while having freak injuries, he still put up great numbers and the ability was always there and dangerous. He will be fine.

But he still needs to be moved down in the lineup.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
That **** from Judge pisses me off so much. He takes two fastballs right down the middle. Doesn't even try and swing. And then he strikes out on a pitch in the dirt. This is part of the reason he has so many strikeouts. He takes so many meatballs, it's really quite ridiculous. And with Stanton hitting like trash behind him, he goes with the mindset of being patient rather than forcing the issue.

Though shalt not take the name of thy Lord in vain

LeetchisGod

May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Well this is just...umm...wrong. He may not have hit 59 HR in years prior, but while having freak injuries, he still put up great numbers and the ability was always there and dangerous. He will be fine.

But he still needs to be moved down in the lineup.
He's a career .267 hitter who strikes out a ton.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I didn't want to give up Torres for him. I was fine with Frazier and Adams.

Weren't you the one ringing the "look at how many homers he gave up last year, that wont fly in the AL" bell along with someone else who shall not be named?

Not parting with Adams was a mistake from the second it was decided that he was too much to add. Cash has gotten himself into trouble when he hugs prospects more often than when he trades them away. How many prospects has he traded away that ended up turning into anything?

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Stanton gets hurt as much any player on the Mets. Played over 150 plus twice including last year I think. Hell be better when it gets warmer out. With that said, i felt Yankees should have went for top of the rotation guy to acquire. Still early, and the mets are going cold.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Stanton gets hurt as much any player on the Mets. Played over 150 plus twice including last year I think. Hell be better when it gets warmer out. With that said, i felt Yankees should have went for top of the rotation guy to acquire. Still early, and the mets are going cold.
I can understand why they refrained from doing that after the performances the starting pitchers put on in the postseason. Everyone of them were pretty good at one point besides Gray. And we had a rookie pitcher who had a great season as well. Even last year they had top 5-10 pitching in the regular season.

Reactions: NYRKING30

LeetchisGod

May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Weren't you the one ringing the "look at how many homers he gave up last year, that wont fly in the AL" bell along with someone else who shall not be named?

Not parting with Adams was a mistake from the second it was decided that he was too much to add. Cash has gotten himself into trouble when he hugs prospects more often than when he trades them away. How many prospects has he traded away that ended up turning into anything?
Moving to the AL is a concern for any NL pitcher. Longer lineups to deal with. My big issue with acquiring Cole was not wanting to get rid of Torres or Florial.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Moving to the AL is a concern for any NL pitcher. Longer lineups to deal with. My big issue with acquiring Cole was not wanting to get rid of Torres or Florial.

Cole was going to cost us Frazier and Adams not Torres and Florial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad