OT: MLB Thread Part VIII: Mets Making Moves; Yanks Trade for Acklol

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
If it's Nimmo, it better be a very small, almost nothing piece.

Why should we even give them Nimmo? They couldn't get a comp pick for him.

Mets feel a ton of pressure to make the playoffs and Cespedes is one of the best players in the league right now. I agree it should be a small piece, but I can see why they move Nimmo (especially with the emergence of Conforto).

BarbaraAlphanse

I don't really think it's a steal at all. For a guy who the Tigers HAD to trade and for one where there was little market for, giving up Fulmer is a lot. It's a fair trade.

Fulmer was written off before this year. If injury bug hits him again? Good gamble.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Fine by me. Would have rather had Bruce but...would rather have Cespedes and keep Wheeler than get Bruce so no problem here.

BarbaraAlphanse

If the Mets could re-sign Cespedes, I'd be thrilled. If they lose him, it will hurt.

I doubt they will. They have conforto and Nimmo pushing for spots next year. Granderson and Cuddyer signed. I don't see a match past this year. Fulmer is a risk cause he has a high ceiling. But he has been derailed by injury before and who knows if it'll come back to bite him in the butt. It's a good gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad