OT: MLB Thread Part VIII: Mets Making Moves; Yanks Trade for Acklol

Status
Not open for further replies.

rktaker

i think hire sather is the only person on the face of the earth who hates rehab games and is fine with players taking peds

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
mrjimmy89 said:
Small sample but Kirk is 13 for his last 36. Over .300 BA. He should be getting ABs. Gets buoyed by his 4-4 on Saturday a little. Better than Lagares has been playing and has driven the ball too.

Ruben has been hitting .300 over the past couple weeks. .260 over the last month. He's solid on defense and puts quality ABs together. One of the few guys working counts on this team consistently. I'd love to hit him 7th at some point. Not ideal at #2. Healthy TDA and Wright would allow that.

https://mglbaseball.wordpress.com/2...nce-tell-us-beyond-his-up-to-date-projection/

None of that small sample stuff matters.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
‏@Ken_Rosenthal
#Mets making progress on trade for #Athletics’ Clippard, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. Other teams still in play. Deal expected soon.

BarbaraAlphanse

It'll be Jenrry and a decent prospect. Try and pry reddick from there too in the same trade.

rktaker

interesting i guess sandy's trying to get help for the bullpen after they blew the lead yesterday still we need offense more than pitching

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Mets are also linked with former Yankee Martin Prado. Would love to see him back in New York :D

BarbaraAlphanse

Mejia, Montero, Reynolds for Reddick or Zobrist and Clippard?

Rumor was that Mets rejected Montero for Zobrist straight up.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 15s16 seconds ago
Can confirm @kenrosenthal report. was told #Mets working "real hard" to close deal for Clippard. Minor league P again is main bait.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Do the Yankees truly need another starting pitcher?

Ever since Eovaldi's disastrous start vs. the Marlins, he's recorded:

6-1 W-L Record
WHIP of 1.2
ERA of 2.84.

Also to note that he only has one 1 XBH against in 28 innings in July (Double in the 9th of last game).

If you take out his Miami start, he's 10-1 with a 3.65ish ERA.

Visually, you can see that he's relying far more on his splitter in recent starts as opposed to the ones in early in the season. He's evolving more into a pitcher than a thrower like he was in the beginning of the season.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Do the Yankees truly need another starting pitcher?

Ever since Eovaldi's disastrous start vs. the Marlins, he's recorded:

6-1 W-L Record
WHIP of 1.2
ERA of 2.84.

Also to note that he only has one 1 XBH against in 28 innings in July (Double in the 9th of last game).

If you take out his Miami start, he's 10-1 with a 3.65ish ERA.

Visually, you can see that he's relying far more on his splitter in recent starts as opposed to the ones in early in the season. He's evolving more into a pitcher than a thrower like he was in the beginning of the season.

Interesting discussion point. He's looked a lot better, instead of just throwing that fastball like you said.

Would you trust him in game 4 in the playoffs?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Interesting discussion point. He's looked a lot better, instead of just throwing that fastball like you said.

Thats the thing. I dont. At least not yet. He is still young. I'd look to move Nova in a package deal for a starter. Not sure for who though.

Also would love to load up the pen with one of Chapman/Kimbrel/Clippard in that order

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

I probably wouldn't. But really, 2 really horrendous starts skew his stats up this season.

To be fair, I wouldn't trust any starter besides Tanaka in a playoff series.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Need to know why 10 rehab games are needed.

Ten.

Just crazy if you ask me.

I saw D'Arnaud's rehab start yesterday against AA Trenton. Had a brace on that left elbow, but was moving it around just fine on the bench (was about 12-15 feet away from D'Arnaud, so I got a pretty good look at him). Was moving and flexing at the elbow pretty good on the bench. Didn't appear to be uncomfortable either.

He wasn't catching yesterday (believe he caught on Saturday though) as they had him at DH, but he looked good at the plate. Put a good drive into one to CF in his 1st AB, but the CF hawked it down. Ended up going 2/5 yesterday, but I liked what I saw.

Seth Lugo of Binghamton had a real good game. 7 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 3 BB's, and 8 K's. He's 25, but he's sort of a young 25 in a way as he missed a good chunk of time due to a serious spinal surgery. Threw 108 pitches yesterday, was hitting 93-94 even in his final inning. Nice, tight moving curve that got a good number of his strikeouts for the day. Granted, the Trenton lineup is pretty depleted with Judge and Bird moving up to AAA and Jagielo hurt, but I liked what I saw out of Lugo.

Here's a link on Lugo's story for those interested:

http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/2015/05/the_unlikely_story_of_seth_lugo_the_mets_pitcher_w.html

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

I would definitely be interested in a trade like this for the Yankees.

Ross is a top end starter who is Free Agency eligible in 2017. He is a prototypical groundball pitcher who limits the HR ball and that'll be useful in Yankee stadium.

Gyorko has a terrible contract and it runs through 2019, but he has decent numbers hitting LHP. You can platoon him and Drew for the year.

This trade wouldn't cost anything of value.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

I would definitely be interested in a trade like this for the Yankees.

Ross is a top end starter who is Free Agency eligible in 2017. He is a prototypical groundball pitcher who limits the HR ball and that'll be useful in Yankee stadium.

Gyorko has a terrible contract and it runs through 2019, but he has decent numbers hitting LHP. You can platoon him and Drew for the year.

This trade wouldn't cost anything of value.

Good insight Kovacic. I agree with what youre saying here. I mean i'd prefer to land David Price but i know the price will be crazy high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad