OT: MLB Thread Part VI: First Place City

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I really like the Kaprielian pick. Got to see little bit of him with the Bruins. Low 90s but has room to add velocity. Good pitcher's frame. Hard to pinpoint his ceiling but he's a reasonably safe pick (high floor).

Not sure what to think of Holder. Very good defensively but a questionable bat. Hopefully Yankees see something in his bat that'll justify his draft position. Was hoping they nab Kirby out of Virginia at this slot.

Degano is nothing to write home about. Potential #4/#5 type starter and if that doesn't work he could carve out a decent career as a lefty RP.

Holder and Degano look like easy signings. Hoping we save some money and make a splash in the next few rounds with a tougher sign.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
As for who the Yankees could target with the next couple picks.

Mike Matuella - RHP - underwent TJ surgery. He's a big health risk but has sky high upside. Like best pitcher in the draft type upside. 6'7 with mid 90s and room to add velocity. He is downright filthy.

Donny Everett - RHP - high school pitcher who I know almost nothing about. Best ranked prospect available according to MLB. Hits triple digits but has control issues. Commited to Vandy.

Justin Hooper - LHP - one of the toughest signs. Commited to UCLA.

Luken Baker is probably the most intriguing player remaining. Plenty of power but his future may actually be on the mound.

Hooper and Matuella are big risks ... for different reasons. Everett intrigues me a lot.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I really like the Kaprielian pick. Got to see little bit of him with the Bruins. Low 90s but has room to add velocity. Good pitcher's frame. Hard to pinpoint his ceiling but he's a reasonably safe pick (high floor).

Not sure what to think of Holder. Very good defensively but a questionable bat. Hopefully Yankees see something in his bat that'll justify his draft position. Was hoping they nab Kirby out of Virginia at this slot.

Degano is nothing to write home about. Potential #4/#5 type starter and if that doesn't work he could carve out a decent career as a lefty RP.

Holder and Degano look like easy signings. Hoping we save some money and make a splash in the next few rounds with a tougher sign.

Agreed. Didn't hit .300 in college either. This was the compensatory pick from the Robertson signing as well.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm not a fan of this. Shades of Cito.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
There's so many damn picks I lose track of it.
It's very hard to keep track of the certain leagues some players are drafted from as opposed to the NHL/NBA/NFL drafts. Also it's the biggest crap shoot out of all drafts in pro sports.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like the Mets picks. The 2nd rounder seems like a power/speed guy who could stay in center. Two projectable high school lefties who throw hard and a corner guy who can absolutely rake but might only be limited to first. Thats pretty good.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's 3 first basemen ahead of Teixeira in all-star voting.

I'd love to hear an argument for 3 American League players at ANY position being ahead of Teixeira right now.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

I'd love to hear an argument for 3 American League players at ANY position being ahead of Teixeira right now.

Mike Trout, Josh Donaldson, Nelson Cruz. All have better numbers than Tex.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

The All-Star game is a joke with the way that seven Royals would currently be starters in the AS game, and the fact that it actually means something for the WS is even worse.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The All-Star game is a joke with the way that seven Royals would currently be starters in the AS game, and the fact that it actually means something for the WS is even worse.

Decide home field in your most important event in a game in which the fans pick the teams. Can't make up something that bad.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I mean the method doesn't matter. Deciding by record doesn't really make sense since the schedules are massively unbalanced (this is true in hockey as well but less extreme). Might as well just flip a coin. If this method truly brings in more viewers to the all star game (I doubt it but can't look it up at the moment) then this method is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad