OT: MLB Thread Part VI: First Place City

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Us Yankees fan should be the last to complain about all star voting. We've had a fair share of guys voted in that didn't deserve to go.

My only beef with an all star game is that it actually counts for something.

jstaal

go canes go
Apr 14, 2009
mass
geez

Coach cant win, off day thursday, he wasnt take any chances... They had 2 men on... I think he should be right up there for early coach of the year.... He is VERY underated.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Heave Ho 7 in a row. :cheer:

Unfortunately Jays have won 7 in a row as well. They have the best run differential in AL and 3rd best in baseball. So basically they are a better team than their record suggests.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Unfortunately Jays have won 7 in a row as well. They have the best run differential in AL and 3rd best in baseball. So basically they are a better team than their record suggests.

Didn't even notice them - they're right in the thick of it. Josh Donaldson would be my AL MVP pick if the season ended today.

I really thought they were done for when Stroman went down. One of their only quality starters.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Run differential, at least early, has some issues in baseball. It's more important to know the expected run differential. The problem is it's really prone to being "manipulated" by sequencing. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/expected-run-differentials-2-0/ See the "BaseRuns" tab here: http://www.fangraphs.com/depthcharts.aspx?position=BaseRuns

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
metsies need a bat, badly. but, with drno, murph and wright all being down, what can we do ? well, we can add a bat. one of our own.

if wright is done, i would move murph to 3b full time, keep flores at ss and play the heck out of dillson at 2b. i actually like that infield. they won't win many gold gloves right now, but they can all rake.

that infield would certainly hit and would be a huge improvement over what we've been trying.

the outfield i just don't see where we can add a bat and bench anyone. they are all under contract. who we gonna trade ? sit tight there.

a healthy travis, murph and dillson gives us 3 solid bats we lack right now.

no need to panic, were fine. our pitching gives us a chance. bullpen help is on the way and matz is lurking.

stay away from tulo. don't add a vet bat now thats gonna block any kids. hold the line and just get and stay healthy.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Darnaud back tonight but I heard last night on the radio he probably won't start.

What are they waiting for?

Dilson Herrera will remain rehabbing for unknown reasons.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Eovaldi is so frustrating to watch.

All that talent, can hit up to 101 MPH, yet he's pitching for contact all the time.

They gave up relatively little in value for him, but still it's frustrating to watch.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

All that talent, can hit up to 101 MPH, yet he's pitching for contact all the time.

They gave up relatively little in value for him, but still it's frustrating to watch.

He pitches to contact because he can't strike people out and he can't strike people out because that fastball is his only pitch.

Even 101 is hittable when you're just waiting for it.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC

He has not developed a reliable second pitch and his fastball tends to be a little flat.
I'm on the road but it sounds like he has good stuff. Don't know what more you can ask for today.

Last edited:

BarbaraAlphanse

Texted a Yankee and another Red Sox fan. Both said Wheeler for Boegerts is a bad deal for the Mets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad