OT: MLB Thread Part VI: First Place City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Even if Gee and Niese end the season with a high 3's ERA, what does Alderson think he'll get for them? I don't think it'll being anything noteworthy anymore. Put Gee in the bullpen, trade Niese for a minor leaguer with some upside. Call up Matz, and don't overcomplicate things.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Gee never had any value. He's a slightly below average MLB pitcher. You can sign someone like that or call someone up from the minors. No need to give up any assets. If we were to trade him it'd be for a nothing player or just for someone to pay his whole contract.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Wasn't it said in the offeason that the Mets were offered a lefty reliever for Gee?

Nothing good enough for Sandy. Hold hold hold hold hold. Delay delay delay. He is too proud to make a move when he is in a bind. Infield they roll out there is a total joke, espically now with Murph hurt. Is there nothing he can do? Casey McGhee was DFA'd last week and had a pretty good year last season. No player available is good enough for Sandy though. Limitless farm and depth for the Mets, just keep plugging guys in, no need to improve the team by other means. Too proud.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Don't care about this year. He is at least a player who has had good seasons in the majors, including a pretty solid season last year. Major league player unlike Campbell and "Danny Muno"

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Wilmer Flores sitting with general soreness.

Don't know if Terry or Wilmer is to blame here, but sorry he has to play through that when half the ****ing infield is out.

Its like the Mets are havin a bit of a laugh with all this. Every game a guy has to sit out for some type of reason.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Mets should be ashamed rolling out that lineup.. should just be ashamed.

Wilmer Flores cannot be rested tonight. Danny Muno batting 6th. Are you serious?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Don't care about this year. He is at least a player who has had good seasons in the majors, including a pretty solid season last year. Major league player unlike Campbell and "Danny Muno"

I wasn't talking about this year. In general he's a bad player. Sure last year he was good but the two prior years he as horrible. His truly "good seasons" were 5 and 6 years ago. And despite being "good" last year he was purely a singles hitter aided larger by a BABIP 40 points above his normal. Like I said all the projection systems consider Campbell to be a better hitter at this point than McGehee (Not that Campbell is an acceptable player to be starting either). He's someone you can take on league minimum. I certainly wouldn't add him off waivers on his 1 year 4.8M salary and then have less spending money if needed later.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Wouldn't call 29 doubles last year being a singles hitter and I don't know what to really make of any projections of Eric Campbell.. what are they based on? Hes got like 250 ML AB's

But whatever. I just mentioned one name. Something needs to be done to respond to these injuries, you can't just play with all these minor leaguers on the pro roster, this roster is a joke right now and are only still around first place because the Nats have stumbled as well.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The Yankees just might make the playoffs this season because of their crap division. Even with injuries, pitching has been very good.

The Red Sox and O's are playing unsustainably bad baseball so far...I would expect at least one, if not both to roar back after the ASG.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wasn't it said in the offeason that the Mets were offered a lefty reliever for Gee?

Nothing good enough for Sandy. Hold hold hold hold hold. Delay delay delay. He is too proud to make a move when he is in a bind. Infield they roll out there is a total joke, espically now with Murph hurt. Is there nothing he can do? Casey McGhee was DFA'd last week and had a pretty good year last season. No player available is good enough for Sandy though. Limitless farm and depth for the Mets, just keep plugging guys in, no need to improve the team by other means. Too proud.

Yes, Rex Brothers. Sandy apparently declined.

I don't really want any of the players that we are rumored to have interest in. Most of them are having really bad seasons. I don't think its worth giving up a player who has MLB upside just to add an extra guy who can't play. We need quality players, not just extra bodies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Yes, Rex Brothers. Sandy apparently declined.

I don't really want any of the players that we are rumored to have interest in. Most of them are having really bad seasons. I don't think its worth giving up a player who has MLB upside just to add an extra guy who can't play. We need quality players, not just extra bodies.

I think Zobrist would be an excellent acquisition that might not cost much since his contract is up after the year. I don't really have any interest in Segura though.

I'm not sure about Gee for Brothers. Brothers has major major control problems.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
How many days until we hear about Wilmer being on the DL? They say this about every player, and then they are out for a few days, then its a week, then its the DL for only 15 days, then its a month, then they get another injury.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Travis d’Arnaud and Dilson Herrera continued their rehab assignments with High-A St. Lucie on Saturday by recording hits and playing the field.

D’Arnaud went 3 for 4 with an RBI single and caught all nine innings in St. Lucie’s 7-1 loss to the Palm Beach Cardinals.

Through three games with St. Lucie, d’Arnaud has gone 6 for 10 with a walk. He has been on the disabled list since mid-April with a fractured pinkie and most recently suffered a bruised right wrist on Monday. (June 5, 11:27 p.m.)

Why don't we just keep Travis down there all year?

What the hell is the wait for? Should've been back last week instead of wasting his time in the minors and getting hurt again.

I truly don't understand some things in baseball. Innings limts, rehab games. Why? What purpose do they serve? I swear one day everyone will wake up and rehab games will stop.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This must be how Sandy thinks. Any minor leaguer can come in and maybe be serviceable who why trade for anyone.

This team needs a bat even if everyone is healthy. Ben Zobrist would be a great add. Martin Prado.

I don't think marginal players for real prospects is a good deal for the Mets at this stage. Even someone like Tulo who's bat you want, there's no cap, why would you give up potential aces for that player when you can sign that type of power in free agency just for the owner's money?

The thing is someone like Nelson Cruz would've been a great signing. Who cares about the contract? Big market team, the contract shouldn't matter. Thats a quality addition. Instead, they sign Cuddyer because he's friends with Wright and they give up the draft pick anyway. Great job Sandy.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Zobrist is hugely better than Reynolds...not close at all. He's been a 5+ WAR player 4 years in a row. Sure he's struggled this year but it's 24 games. In no way is he a marginal player. This Matt Reynolds is getting incredibly overrated by the Mets fan base. He's not considered a top 100 prospect in the MLB by anyone.

Prado would be a good acquisition as well.

Nelson Cruz would have been an awful awful signing (Cuddyer was a bad signing as well). Cruz is a guy whose hit a ton of home runs despite a relatively low average fly ball distance who can't play any defense whatsoever. Not a fit in the least.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nelson Cruz would have been an awful awful signing (Cuddyer was a bad signing as well). Cruz is a guy whose hit a ton of home runs despite a relatively low average fly ball distance who can't play any defense whatsoever. Not a fit in the least.

No it wouldn't, because if we mess up on a signing, it should just be brushed aside. We shouldn't have to hit on every signing. Give the team some financial flexibility. Its not a small market. You shouldn't have to pick your big signings closely.

There is no cap. There is no such thing as a bad signing in baseball, unless you are giving up picks for that signing or blocking a top prospect from playing, and even if Cruz was bad, he's definitely worth the risk for a draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad